Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon's Dogma II - "They’re masterworks, all – you can’t go wrong"

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
I need to get my ps5 fixed I miss the fuck out of this game. It's the best of the best, haters can suck a chode.
Did you break the PS5 or did the 500 dollar machine break on its own?

He got drunk and pissed in it then turned it into a bong.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
I need to get my ps5 fixed I miss the fuck out of this game. It's the best of the best, haters can suck a chode.
Did you break the PS5 or did the 500 dollar machine break on its own?

He got drunk and pissed in it then turned it into a bong.
Your hate boner for me is sad and pathetic.

I don't hate you. It just sounded like the most likely scenario for your life.

Shinji

Savant
Capcom will show during TGS a pre-recorded stream that *might* contain news about Dragon's Dogma 2 DLC.

On their booth there will be no playable Dragon's Dogma 2 demo, which makes sense since it will be a six-month-old game by then.

September 26
7:00 AM PDT
https://www.capcom-games.com/tgs/en-us/

deuxhero

Arcane
It will also be a month after their current survey on DD2 ends. You have told Capcom how they fucked up this game right?

Capcom released another survey - https://jp.research.net/r/P_DD2?lang=en

Change the language from Japanese to English using the drop down menu on top right.

Last question let you share your feedback in free text format - hope this means they will release a huge patch to add back in cut contents and other improvements.
Will more likely be other games they've already announced and will ruin, and some of the known but not heard from (Pragmatica) as well as stuff from the leaks (Rockman Taisen, Legends collection, etc.).

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
It will also be a month after their current survey on DD2 ends. You have told Capcom how they fucked up this game right?
Sadly, that survey seems more interested in how players perceived the music/sound or the subtitle text than in important aspects of gameplay and content. The best we can do is point out some deficiencies in the text box near the end of the survey. :M

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
I want to believe

DD2-DLC-Hopium.png

copium-meme.gif

notpl

Arbiter
So not only were the doomsayers right about this game only having 2 new vocations and cutting others, there's not even any confirmation of an expansion to fix that?

Last edited:

deuxhero

Arcane
The surveys were explicitly asking about opinions/wants on DLC. One of them just ended day before this announcement. I wonder if the thoroughly negative reception reported in surveys played any part of this departure given the timing. Would be way too early to gather the (rather large) comment field (to know they're all complaining the game barely runs as the big one), but would be plenty of time to see the numerical score being very low. We'll find out at the end of September (or very early October) what DD2's sales have been for the past 3 months, which will be interesting (I'm expecting to see they completely stalled after launch at low 3 million)

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
After this departure, there really is nothing to look foward in the future by Capcom imo...

He says next month he will already be working on a new studio and project which would imply he actually left sometime ago and is only now making it public...

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
Did he get kicked out for fumbling DD2, or did he finally had enough of Capcom's shit?
The latter most likely
I don't understand why some people keep pushing that DD2 was a financial failure, when Capcom themselves declared in a public earnings report to their shareholders only just 2 weeks after release that the game sold well

But then again this trend isn't exclusive to DD2, nor even to online shitposting
Even among my friends I've noticed this trend that if a AAA, or even AA game from a famous company doesn't make at least 5 million sales in the first month and doesn't break the 300k concurrent player count on Steam, then it's a failure

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
Is he even making a DLC?
If the DLC exists and if it's anything like that early leak described (i.e. "The Dragon Princess" leak), then it was probably being developed even before the game came out - which would mean Itsuno had a hand in it
Regardless, if the DLC exists then it's Kinoshita's (i.e. DD2 lead game designer) responsibility - he was also the one that made Dark Arisen and DDO

Dedicated_Dark

Arbiter
After this departure, there really is nothing to look foward in the future by Capcom imo...

He says next month he will already be working on a new studio and project which would imply he actually left sometime ago and is only now making it public...
Really hope the next company he's moving to gives him equivalent resources or more. Most of the time I've seen this happen the dudes end up becoming mobile game designers.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom