Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

rpgcodex > the threads can be improved by adding more replies

Fargus
Hell Swarm
Hell Swarm
Good people ruined by bad culture.
Zeriel
Zeriel
Yeah, no. Not sure what book you're referring to, but it's just more dumb ass smears. There are SOME, but they are really small in number, probably far less than in Europe. And my experience has been that those people are mostly engaging in recreational beliefs, they can easily switch between "edgy" extreme beliefs.
Zeriel
Zeriel
I'm talking about real neo-nazis, btw, when the media talks about "white supremacists" they mean any position right-ward of their current one, which includes Democrats from the 2000s.
Zeriel
Zeriel
For example, my political beliefs are mostly unchanged from being a Democrat-voting person in the early 2000s, but that now makes me a Trump voter and a "right wing extremist" and probably a domestic terrorist according to the present administration's FBI.
NecroLord
NecroLord
Don't tell me you are a Democrat?
You really don't sound like one.
NecroLord
NecroLord
I admired America when it was about frontier pushing and independence...
Zeriel
Zeriel
Being a Democrat in the 2000s meant being opposed to Bush and retarded wars in foreign lands. I supported the Afghan war, but not the Iraq one. I was also younger, so easily conned by dumb stories about how Republicans were evil, yada yada. I mean... most people who grew up in the 80s and 90s were tangentially left, but apolitical.
Zeriel
Zeriel
No one who liked D&D was thinking, "You know what? I want them to change all the content to reflect Christianity!" We just wanted to be left alone, and back then it was easy to tell yourself the left was the "leave us alone" side. I honestly only really started caring about politics when they started censoring us online (circa Gamergate, which revealed the incestuous activist connections between all types of media).
Zeriel
Zeriel
Reminder that the 90s/2000s Democrat position on lots of stuff was shared by Republicans. We called gays fags, we yelled "GAAAAAY" at each other as a joke, and the centrist position was the border needed to be locked down.
NecroLord
NecroLord
Are you referring to the RINOS and Uniparty?
Zeriel
Zeriel
Last time I voted D was back in like... 2004 I think? Against Bush. Just to be clear. Kerry was a fag too, but Bush was worse. Time goes on though, and now the same people who hate Trump say Bush wasn't that bad because he agreed Orange Man Bad.
Hell Swarm
Hell Swarm
Was pushing for independence a good thing when it lead to the complete corruption and near collapse of everything they left behind and built? Hard to say Americans did a good thing when we live with the consequences.

Bush hate was universal. And the Satanic panic wasn't unfounded. We're discovering a lot of what was claimed to be true. We've seen lots of evidence of ritual child abuse.
Zeriel
Zeriel
Yeah, as usual. There's always a kernel of truth behind panics. Doesn't make them any less annoying. If there really WAS satanists trying to rape kids, you'd want to even more target the right people, not get D&D to rename demons and devils to tanar'ri and baatezu.
Zeriel
Zeriel
Although ironically I ended up liking the alternative lore there in Planescape more than 4e's return to Biblical-inspired stuff, so that shows how creativity can make a good thing out of trying circumstances.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom