Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Kingdom Come: Deliverance Tech Alpha 0.4 Released

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Dan Vávra; Kingdom Come: Deliverance; Warhorse Studios

The new 0.4 version of the Kingdom Come: Deliverance tech alpha, which was previewed at E3 last month, was released to eligible backers late last week. The game's latest Kickstarter update has the details of the version's new features, along with a recording of a livestream in which Dan Vavra and a colleague demonstrate them.

We were working hard for the last few months to share a bigger update this time and here it comes! Kingdom Come: Deliverance Technology Alpha 0.4 offers lot of new features, locations and quests! What do we have for you?
  • Four times bigger landscape to explore
  • Sword Combat and Armors
  • Horse riding
  • Grave digging
  • Archery tournament
  • New locations like military camp and village Merhojed
  • New herbs and potions for alchemy mini-game
  • World map
  • Tons of new music
  • Updated character models
  • First version of lip-sync
  • Seven new quest
You can watch record of the live stream with Dan Vávra and Viktor Bocan, who take you through all the new stuff in the Tech Alpha on our YouTube channel (the first minutes are kind of funny):

The Tech Alpha version of the game is available for PC Windows for people backing Kingdom Come: Deliverance development both here on Kickstarter and on www.KingdomComeRPG.com.

If you are a Kickstarter backer, please register on our website with you Kickstarter email to get the Steam key. If you backed for Peasant, Soldier or Knight tier, you can upgrade to Baron tier anytime to get Early Access.

Thank you for your support and enjoy the Sword Combat!​

The actual sword combat starts at around 23:00.

Ovplain

Arcane
Patron
RPG Wokedex
The swordplay actually looks like it could be fun! Especially since it's still in alpha, still early. And some of the animations, the way the opponent reacts to certain hits look fantastic!:O Fingers crossed they're able to really fine tune the combat before release and find the perfect balance between 'realistic' and 'fun'.

Unwanted
Douchebag! Shitposter
Physics based, proper collision in sword combat.

It takes an IQ above 110 to understand why this is amazing and much better than what M&B came up with.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Game is progressing nicely.

I wonder how this combat will work with more than two combatants engaged at the same time, but the physics and collison based attacks/blocks do look good, and are a welcome innovation.

Hopefully the content will be interesting and all those gameplay systems will not be wasted on a mediocre title.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom