Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Preview Microsoft Gamescom 2015 Conference: Dark Souls III Gameplay Trailer

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Dark Souls III; From Software; Microsoft

Gamescom 2015 officially begins tomorrow, but Microsoft's Gamescom press conference was held today. For the most part it was a popamole-infested snoozefest, but there was also a new Dark Souls III trailer somewhere in there. Unlike the previous trailer from E3, this trailer includes a few snippets of gameplay.

Those who are acquainted with these things seem satisfied with what they're seeing here - a return to form with Miyazaki back at the helm. Apparently there's more than a hint of Bloodborne in the gameplay, too.

Paul_cz

Arcane
Repeat after me:

Souls series is not RPG. Souls series is not RPG. Souls series is not RPG.
Great action game with stats ? Yes. Although they are milking it hard, 5 games in 6 years, with no extensive improvements, sheesh.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
That would be more impressive coming from a guy who didn't seem to have most of his post history in Witcher 3 and Kingdom Come threads :cool:

karnak

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In I helped put crap in Monomyth
That would be more impressive coming from a guy who didn't seem to have most of his post history in Witcher 3 and Kingdom Come threads :cool:
Dark Souls is as good an RPG series as the Witcher.
Just look at those tits!
maxresdefault.jpg

Now that's what I call +2 Tits of Mental Domination

It already looks so much better than DS2.
The MC movement in particular seems like a faster version of DS1 (or if you prefer a middle ground between DS1 and Bloodborne) and the creature design seems awesome.
I can't wait to play this shit.

vealck

Novice
RPG just stands for Rogues, Paladins and Goblins. I though everybody knew that by now.

Cadmus

Arcane
The trailer looked shit. I care about the art direction and this seems to have lost most of the gothic simplicity of DS1. Hopefully the level design is good this time, no more empty endgame levels (or Heide's Tower of Flame). The colours also seem washed out or with some strange filter, nothing stands out. I also don't care for tons of breakable clutter around the levels aka Bloodborne. I think Miyazaki is spent by now.

Paul_cz

Arcane

Yeah, in Witcher 3 (and I assume KCD) 99% of my time isn't spent in combat, hence I consider those RPGs. Dark Souls and Diablo, nah

I also consider Vampire Bloodlines and Fallout 1/2/NV RPGs, those have a lot of combat too

..edgelord

Yeah, in Witcher 3 (and I assume KCD) 99% of my time isn't spent in combat, hence I consider those RPGs. Dark Souls and Diablo, nah

I also consider Vampire Bloodlines and Fallout 1/2/NV RPGs, those have a lot of combat too

..edgelord
lol wat?

w3 gameplay consists solely of shitty combat, press E detective mode and 11 fucking hours of cutscenes:lol::lol::lol:

an actual gameplay with players input in w3 is for 99% of your time combat (shitty one):lol:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom