Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Preview Torment Gameplay Footage and More Interviews from Gamescom 2016

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Brian Fargo; Colin McComb; InXile Entertainment; Torment: Tides of Numenera

There have been several more Torment: Tides of Numenera Gamescom interviews and previews published since our last post about the game. Today, the console-centric German gaming site PS4-Magazin.de published their Torment preview, which notably includes eleven minutes of raw console gameplay footage - the same footage which we saw snippets of in last week's interviews. It shows the Last Castoff and his party finding their way into the Bloom through a portal in the Valley of Dead Heroes. After cutting open one of the Bloom's maws, they find themselves in the abode of a faction known as the Lascar, who are friendly at first, but don't remain that way for very long. Unfortunately the video cuts off before the battle is over, but here it is:

Other Torment-related items released over the weekend include an interview with Colin McComb at Fextralife and an interview with Brian Fargo by audio hardware company Turtle Beach, but the most interesting one is the interview with both Brian and Colin by Mhaire Stritter of Orkenspalter TV. For this interview, which I believe took place on the second day of Gamescom, Brian has apparently revised his estimate of the game's length down to 50-60 hours. Maybe somebody told him that 70-80 was a little high.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
1. UI seems fine.
2. UI is the last thing to discuss in a game. And for some reason, I see gaming press discuss "UI" and "bugs" like those two were the most important things in a game, because they don't understand other aspects of games. Don't lower yourselves to their level.

Cnaiur

Augur
I love the dirty and worn look of PS:T. This on the other hand, seems pretty clean for multiple civilizations worth of shit stacked on top of each other.

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
1. UI seems fine.
2. UI is the last thing to discuss in a game. And for some reason, I see gaming press discuss "UI" and "bugs" like those two were the most important things in a game, because they don't understand other aspects of games. Don't lower yourselves to their level.
Seems this post got lost on its way to rpgwatch.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I love the dirty and worn look of PS:T. This on the other hand, seems pretty clean for multiple civilizations worth of shit stacked on top of each other.
AFAIK Numenéra is not a post apocalyptic, dirty world. It is set 1 billion years in the future, but is it really mentined that it is a rotten, dirty and worn world? The UI should be like that either.

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
AFAIK Numenéra is not a post apocalyptic, dirty world. It is set 1 billion years in the future, but is it really mentined that it is a rotten, dirty and worn world?
It's medieval level of development. Except for habitats that self-maintain or where people have tech magic to make cleaning trivial, would expect it to be p. dirty.

skyst

Augur
I skimmed through the video. The beta of this game was neat but I didn't play much more than 2 hours or so to keep it fresh.

On the topic of art direction, I can't believe that it is 2016 and I'm still seeing new games where weapons and armor "sheathed" by floating them over the back of the character. Why is this still a thing. :roll:

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
On the topic of art direction, I can't believe that it is 2016 and I'm still seeing new games where weapons and armor "sheathed" by floating them over the back of the character. Why is this still a thing. :roll:
Because the kids who thought that was cool are now in charge of models and animation.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I skimmed through the video. The beta of this game was neat but I didn't play much more than 2 hours or so to keep it fresh.

Well there is a clipping issue, which is quite difficult to solve, so it is an easy and cheap solution to let them hover. And shame on those who nitpick on things like this when THE GAME LOOKS AMAZING!

Black

Arcane
Have they apologized yet?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom