Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Divinity: Original Sin 2 Kickstarter Update #26: Early Access on September 15th, Gamescom Previews

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: David Walgrave; Divinity: Original Sin 2; Larian Studios; Swen Vincke

Today is Divinity: Original Sin 2's big day. Earlier today, the embargo on Gamescom coverage of the game was lifted and numerous websites published their previews, including loads of gameplay footage. A couple of hours ago, Larian followed up on that with a new Kickstarter update, formally announcing that Divinity: Original Sin 2 will be released on Steam Early Access on September 15th, with a final release expected in 2017. The Early Access release will contain the game's first act and the arena mode along with multiplayer support, and all Kickstarter backers will receive a key. The game already has a Steam page, along with a shiny new official website. Here's the Kickstarter update video, which includes a copious amount of entertaining outtakes from Larian's visit to Gamescom. Watch for the erudite Bubbles cameo at around 5:12.

We are incredibly excited to announce that you’ll get your first taste of Divinity: Original Sin 2 on the 15th of September. We’re giving all Kickstarter backers access to the first act of the game: Fort Joy.

We’re going to level with you - it’s not a nice place. Think Alcatraz, but if Alcatraz was a leper colony. And the island was haunted. And the bay around it was full of sharks. With tentacles… It ain’t pretty, is what we’re saying. But we’re sure that a resourceful Sourcerer like you will be able to find some new friends. Or useful enemies…

We’ve been working on this for a very long time, and seeing it go out into the world is an amazing experience. We’ve already had some incredible feedback from the press but of course it’s your voices that we can’t wait to hear. You were all here with us when we started this journey, and we can’t wait to show you how far we’ve come. And we’re not done yet!

Here's a list of all the Divinity: Original Sin 2 Gamescom previews (in English) that we've been able to find:

There's a lot to digest in these previews, but one thing definitely worth mentioning is that yes, Larian do have plans to release a console port of Divinity: Original Sin 2. However, the game will be PC-exclusive on release. Our own Divinity: Original Sin 2 preview/interview should be published sometime in the very near future.

Sven is so good at marketing that I now want to have a drone...:oops:

Good that from all fans, Bubbles got the most screen time :)

Kaivokz

Arcane
Will the Codex have access to keys for people who contributed to the fundraiser?

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
The difference is that they're making a sequel to a game that came out on consoles.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
25 GB available space

No box to save me this time, guess I'm going to have to wait until they're done patching and download it over a period of months hoping Steam doesn't reset it back to 0 as it likes to do from time to time. :M

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
25 GB available space

No box to save me this time, guess I'm going to have to wait until they're done patching and download it over a period of months hoping Steam doesn't reset it back to 0 as it likes to do from time to time. :M

Roguey you know that doesn't mean a 25GB download right

Deleted member 7219

25 GB available space

I was getting annoyed by Roguey's posts but now I find them fascinating. I don't remember seeing any resistance when floppies changed to CDs, and CDs to DVDs. People grumbled a bit about having to buy DVD players for their PC but that was about it.

I know people like mindx2 like their collector's boxes - that is understandable. What I don't get is refusing to play a game you otherwise would because you can't get it on a DVD and can't get the patches/DLC on a DVD.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite

12 gigs is still going to take me months. :M

I was getting annoyed by Roguey's posts but now I find them fascinating. I don't remember seeing any resistance when floppies changed to CDs, and CDs to DVDs. People grumbled a bit about having to buy DVD players for their PC but that was about it.

I know people like mindx2 like their collector's boxes - that is understandable. What I don't get is refusing to play a game you otherwise would because you can't get it on a DVD and can't get the patches/DLC on a DVD.

Because bandwidth caps.

Zdzisiu

Arcane
Check your privilages you white, unlimited bandwith cis scumlord! Some people really have bandwith caps on their internet, even the non mobile one. And the caps can be as low as 10-20Gb per month so spending half of that on one download of a game is a nontrivial decision.

Fortunately, Im no longer one of those people, but I used to be for a few years, so I empathise with them.

Also, why is Swen always so enthusiastic in all of the videos? Is the kickstarter money financing his cocaine habits? Well, no matter, I love the guy.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Also, why is Swen always so enthusiastic in all of the videos?

Because of Kickstarter, he is actually developing the kind of games he has always wanted to make, instead of having to make concessions with Published games with a Publisher.

Shin

Cipher
What kind of connection do you have?

Sounds like he keeps it old school and rolls with a 56k dial up. :obviously:

he already said it's not the speed, but how much there's allotted to him, he's probably in an iranian deathcamp or in some off-world prison colony or something

on D:OS2 though: probably the game im most looking forward to at the moment, I loved D:OS (especially in co-op) and I love the dynamic of the kickstarter updates, sven looks like he's really enjoying himself (especially compared to brian fargo in the latest T:ToN interviews). Not saying you can't make a great game by being more introvert and appearing less excited, but he knows how to keep it interesting.

The Bishop

Cipher
I'm surprised that I'm liking pretty much everything I know about D: OS 2. New UI, dialogues, origins and reactivity. It appears they're doing good job at addressing all the weaker parts of the previous game. Hopefully they can maintain same high standard throughout the game this time.

Also a codex emissary having nice and insightful things to say about a game? What is this, tier 1 gaming establishment or something? I hope Bubbles was insulting Swen off camera for the rest of presentation. We have reputation to uphold!

Aenra

(the closer to iterating, the more i pick on them; i hope folks comprehend the rationale behind this)

Yet more to wonder about, lol.. notice how he says they're not even done with the first area yet? Even so however, game's to launch in 2017? Have they still to learn what fucked D:OS over? It wasn't the story, only few of us "demanded" something more qualitative, audiences being what they are.. it was p-a-c-i-n-g and content richness. Past Cyseal the game deteriorated to a pew pew shitfest. And listening to him describe where they're at now makes me wonder if we're in for a repeat.
They've still to work on later areas, they've still to iterate upon them obviously, they've still to listen to our feedback --after-- all that so as to improve upon them. Which they should, no way something this complex can come out O.K. all by its lonesome. When's all that going to happen? In a few measly months? Seriously? I smell rushing it out. Again.

Here's to hoping i'm wrong :)

imweasel

12 gigs is still going to take me months. :M
Ask a Codexer to create a backup of the game and copy/burn it onto a Blu-ray/set of DVDs/SD-Card/USB stick and mail it to you. You could then easily install it using the backup tool in Steam.

Last edited by a moderator:

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
(the closer to iterating, the more i pick on them; i hope folks comprehend the rationale behind this)

Yet more to wonder about, lol.. notice how he says they're not even done with the first area yet?
Who said that they are not done with the first area.? Swen only said that they will make the first area available in Early Access. They did this the last time. EA is mostly there to provide feedback about gameplay and balance, they don't have to give you the whole game for that. It wouldn't be a good idea giving people the whole game right away in early acccess.

It wasn't the story, only few of us "demanded" something more qualitative
Eeeeh, I remember all the people who were complaining about the story.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom