Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Review Dungeon Lords re-nailed by Worthplaying

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: Dungeon Lords

Since there's a <b>Collector's Edition</b> of <A href="http://www.dungeonlordsgame.com">Dungeon Lords</a> out now, <a href="http://www.worthplaying.com/">Worth Playing</a> has forged a <a href="http://www.worthplaying.com/article.php?sid=32988">new review</a> of the title based on the re-release of said game. The tally is a <b>4/10</b> for the patched up and pushed out new version, which is pretty bad. Here's a bit of the closing arguments:
<br>
<blockquote>If this has not been stated clearly enough, Dungeon Lords is riddled with an incredible number of basic issues, turning a reasonably good, if generic, concept into a nigh-intolerable game that shows potential to at least be fun, but falls short on almost every important scale. A few strongly dedicated Action/RPG players may find the game playable, however, I strongly recommend against spending the time and money to try.</blockquote>
<br>
I look forward to <b>D.W. Bradley</b>'s next title so we can talk about how great a designer he is because he worked on some classic games once upon a title, completely forgetting what he's done recently.
<br>
<br>
Spotted at: <A HREF="http://www.bluesnews.com">Blue's News</A>

HanoverF

Arcane
Patron
MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2
But that guy that came here to advertise, err I mean defend it and then promptly dissapeared said he loved it so much...

Dogsoup

Scholar
Proverbius, you are full of shit: Wizardry VIII is not a great game. Ok, it's an open-ended complex world but then it's terribly boring. There were already terrible design flaws: fights against mosquitoes that could last an hour. The first dungeon was great but the rest was boring. I even prefered Might & Magic VI, VII or VIII (I don't know, they all sound the same to me, let's say the one that features birds).

Dogsoup

Scholar
Well you'll answer: fights dragging for an hour are the shit, that's intellectual. No, that's just moronic design. And no, I didn't try Oblivion, my computer is too shitty for that.

Dogsoup

Scholar
Even while playing "Ultima V" on my C64 (and it was a drag, the disk accesses dragging on and on and on and on), I was less bored than while playing "Wizardry VIII" on my PC. At least, I finished the first one.
But then, it was a sad miss: it really had the potential to be one of the best RPG ever on PC.

Dogsoup

Scholar
No. shut the fuck up yourself and write your Oblivion review.

DemonKing

Arcane
Dogsoup said:
Proverbius, you are full of shit: Wizardry VIII is not a great game.

What's Wizardry 8 got to do with DW Bradley?

He only worked on 5-7.

Oh well - I ordered the DS: Collector's Edition since there are a couple of positive reviews floating around plus it was pretty cheap. I'll post some thoughts when it arrives.

Dogsoup

Scholar
DemonKing said:
Dogsoup said:
Proverbius, you are full of shit: Wizardry VIII is not a great game.

He only worked on 5-7.

Well you are surely right. Nevertheless "Wizardry VIII" is boring. DW Bradley worked on the "Wizardry" series so he is plagued. He was born in Shangaï in 1905 and died as a "ravenous insect" in Wizardry VIII in 2001.

Svartberg

Ballistic Interactive
Developer
Dogsoup, arguing about something subjective is even more retarded than playing oblivion.
for me wizardry 8 was one of the few decent rpg's that came out the last 5 years, you don't like it ? too bad for you ...

Dogsoup

Scholar
Yes Svartberg, it truly is a pity. For I saw the great game lying underneath my complaints. But then I started it twice and never finished it: it was too boring.
I had the same experience with "Ultima VII". I never really liked it.
Then I loved "Dragon Wars", a game that a lot of people don't give a fuck about. Well, it's a question of taste.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
Ultima 7, just like Final Fantasy 7, is one of the pillars of the RPG genre!

FrancoTAU

Cipher
Dogsoup said:
Yes Svartberg, it truly is a pity. For I saw the great game lying underneath my complaints. But then I started it twice and never finished it: it was too boring.
I had the same experience with "Ultima VII". I never really liked it.
Then I loved "Dragon Wars", a game that a lot of people don't give a fuck about. Well, it's a question of taste.

Why don't you shut the fuck up before i kill you

Thrawn05

Scholar
DemonKing said:

He only worked on 5-7.

I only played number 5. My characters tend to die of old age before I get far enough into the game. Then I'm stuck with a bunch of level 1 n00bs with 733T armor and weapons.

Dogsoup

Scholar
"Ultima VII" is boring. I prefer tiles. And I don't give a shit about cooking bread. Buy a fucking pastry.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom