Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Pillars of Eternity II Oathbinder's Sanctum Stream + Secret Code Scavenger Hunt

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Josh Sawyer; Obsidian Entertainment; Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire

Last night, we got to see another non-beta area of Pillars of Eternity II in a livestream featuring Josh Sawyer and hosted by elaborately dressed streaming personality MaximusRaeke. The area in question is a monster-called dungeon called the Oathbinder's Sanctum, which the party appears to have arrived at in pursuit of a debtor kidnapped by the Woedican cult who operate there. Like last week's Q&A stream it's pretty combat-heavy, although there are a couple of significant dialogue sequences including a Watcher conversation with a soul. Watch it here:

In other news, Obsidian have finally revealed the nature of those secret codes that they've been hiding in various images and other places since January. As many people have guessed by now, the codes are not part of some cipher but a means to unlock rewards in the game. Here's the announcement:

Video games publisher Versus Evil in partnership with Obsidian Entertainment today unveiled a digital scavenger hunt for all Pillars of Eternity fans that lets them unlock special in-game items for Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire when it releases on May 8th, 2018.

The Explorer’s Society Scavenger Hunt encourages gamers to search for secret codes ‘hidden’ in a variety of online and printed promotional assets for Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire. To take part, they simply have to sign up at the official website www.deadfirescavenger.com by using their existing Obsidian account, or by creating a new one. After connecting their Steam profiles, they can start hunting down codes wherever they can find them and then enter them on Obsidian.net. Doing so unlocks up to 10 digital in-game items. Each item requires a different number of codes to unlock and progress is tracked via the official site.

Codes have been hidden in all manner of game-related assets, from concept art, to screenshots, to GIFs and trailers.

Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire will release on May 8th for PC, MAC and Linux.

For more information visit www.deadfirescavenger.com
Over at the Obsidian forums, the excellent Ethics Gradient has been keeping track of these codes since they started appearing. As of this writing, 32 out of 55 codes have been discovered, which is enough to unlock 7 of 10 items. Note that right now you can only get them for the Steam version of the game.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Stuff like this is anti-marketing for me. Seems like these days you can't sell a game until it was already shown in its entirety on Twitch. I prefer my games to be mysteries to discover not a drinking game when I take shot every time I encounter something I have already seen in promo materials, streams, etc. Knowing too much decreases my hype factor.

But some people must enjoy this, so good for them. Whatever works, I guess.

EDIT:
Those secret codes are a cool bonus, though.

Last edited:

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
You can just ignore everything except release date, you know.
Release date? Bro, I'm not touching this until it is patched to hell and back, and all the expansions/DLC are released.

...maybe there is a really good deal on a cheaper boxed version at some point.

Gecos

Learned
You can just ignore everything except release date, you know.
Release date? Bro, I'm not touching this until it is patched to hell and back, and all the expansions/DLC are released.

...maybe there is a really good deal on a cheaper boxed version at some point.

Exactly. Played POE1 2+ years after the launch date, when all DLC was already released, bugs fixed and 99% of the "balance" done.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom