Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Copper Dreams Kickstarter Update #23: Alpha Released

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Copper Dreams; Whalenought Studios

After numerous delays, today Whalenought Studios finally released the Copper Dreams alpha build to eligible backers. The accompanying Kickstarter update has some details about what players can expect. It sounds like the alpha is still a bit rough, but the plan is to continue updating it over the next couple of weeks. I'll post the text of the update here, but first the release trailer:

We wanted to let you know that your builds in Steam have been updated with the first alpha version for testing!

Do expect bugginess. This is a work in progress. Consider this access to feature additions and our bi-nightly builds of squashing all the bugs you'll see.

After designing the tick/tile system with the microtiles, we threw everything we could into it that was part of the original design of the game. Now that it's all in, or at least the fundamentals, it's time to start cleaning it all up on our end and get feedback from yours. The gameplay bugs need a lot more passes while we prep it for the beta (the actual start of the game) release, but if you'd like to follow along with the remainder of fixing things up and provide any feedback now's the time!

Update 1.01

We had pushed this out earlier yesterday, but have done a small patch since which fixed an ongoing issue with the gameplay around picking up and arranging items.

[1.01 Update notes here]

The alpha map is a small example map just to test some mechanics. You’ll start over on death to make that simple, or can retry upon success. Some of these early test maps like this we had done were a little more wild in terms of structure placement and navigation, so expect a little clunkiness getting around. The next map and mission for the alpha we put up will be a variation of newer ones, which are more blocky and fit more rigidly to the microtiles for easier horizontal and vertical navigation. Expect that 1.02 update Monday.

These have been the primary goals we've been working toward making play nicely together since we launched the Kickstarter. We created a micro-turn based global world simulation with the ticks&tiles system, resulting in a much more concise, less abstract way to utilize a turn based roleplaying model. It's pretty groovy and we're very proud of what it is and what it can become — this alpha should hopefully show the fundamentals at work, if anything.

Working on Movement

Right now we're still smoothening out how things move on the tiles, and you'll notice some characters sort of popping around. Originally everything acted like pawns and just snapped tile-to-tile while they moved, which was easy to make sure everything was working properly, but now they have animations to blend between those tile locations. Sometimes that visually works great, others times they can look like they are possessed. This is something that could use some work to make things clear, as weird movement and animations can really dampen the mood. We're working on that, as well as other numerous bugs for 1.1.

There is one game mode and map available, and the rest will unlock the following two weeks, starting Monday. Other alpha maps will focus on other gameplay or ruleset elements that we will be finishing the last things on and putting in for them.

We’ll be posting our short-term timeline there so you can know when to expect new modes and features to be included for testing. You'll also get to choose what feature we'll work on for a big milestone: companions or character generation. We're almost done with both of them, so once we get what we need for 2.0 we'll finish one of those up!

Things should be moving a lot quicker now, and we’re looking forward to your feedback. Thank you again for your patience and support to make something new and awesome, we always appreciate it.

It looks like not many people have alpha access, but some Codex impressions are available here. Hopefully some gameplay footage will show up on YouTube soon.

Morkar Left

I was a bit sceptical about all the artstyle changes but it seems they found an interesting one. Some improvements possible but I really like what I see. Hope the games comes together nicely now. Looking forward to it!

grimace

Arcane
Can someone gift me alfa access? :D

Ask for beta access.

Digital Copy + Strategy Guide + Interactive Map
Includes:
* Digital copy of the game on completion
* Digital Manual
* Digital copy of Syndicate Handbook
* Digital Strategy guide to help you navigate the ins and outs of Calitana.
* Beta + Alpha Access
* Terminal Guide Executable: Virtual Map compendium to the Syndicate Handbook, featuring blueprints, history and secrets. Additionally features Making-Of Documents, plans, and artwork from the development of Copper Dreams.

• Steam Key – $35.00
  • DRM Free Key* – $35.00
Purchase
CopperDreams_purchase_35.png

https://whalenoughtstudios.com/copper-dreams-store/

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
So is that $70 total? Btw, I glanced and thought it said Alice Cooper. I thought WTF. A game with new music or what. But no.... it’s just copper dreams.

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
Nobody would be complaining if it looked 1/3 as good as Furries.

It's not about Furies at all. I like Copper Dreams but who the fuck changes art direction mid-release

Its like changing the bassline after you finish a song

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom