Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Pathfinder: Kingmaker - The Wildcards DLC Released

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Owlcat Games; Pathfinder: Kingmaker; Pathfinder: Kingmaker - The Wildcards

The Wildcards, Owlcat Games' first DLC for Pathfinder: Kingmaker, was delayed a week and is out today (once again colliding with an Obsidian release!). As stated in last month's season pass announcement, The Wildcards adds a new race - Tieflings, a new class - Kineticists, and a new companion - Kaessi the Tiefling Kineticist. It's not a big DLC, but then Owlcat seem to have enough work on their hands as it is. Maybe that's why there's no release trailer, which is weird because even the Bloody Mess free DLC got one. I'll just post the description:

Fiend blood runs through their veins, whispering cruel truths and evil ideas. Who are they? Tieflings, the outcasts of the civilized world.

Living channels of elemental energy, tamers of wild power - who are they? Kineticists, masters of occult elemental skills.

A mysterious stranger crosses the threshold of your barony - marked with the blood of devils, gifted with the power of the elements. Who is she? Discover for yourself!

This new DLC for Pathfinder: Kingmaker includes:
  • A new playable race. During the poll to decide which bonus race we were going to add to the game, one particular option was requested a lot (besides the winner - Aasimars): Tieflings, the people with a drop of demonic blood in their veins. They didn't make it into the base game, but became the natural choice for the first piece of post-release content.
  • A new playable class. They master the raw power of the elements, channeling it into their wild talents to manipulate the world around them. Kineticists are living conduits of primal energy, deadly both in close and ranged combat.
  • A new companion. If you combine a race with a class, you get a character. Welcome your new companion, the Tiefling Kineticist who comes, just like every other companion, with her own storyline. She could also be a romance option and may hold one of the positions in the Kingdom.
The new companion will join your party in the beginning of Chapter 2. Those who would like to add the companion to their current playthrough can do so at any point before the end of Chapter 5 ("War of the River Kings"): the companion will ask for an audience at your throne room. However, we would advise to begin your acquaintance with the character as soon as possible.​

The Wildcards is available now on Steam and GOG for $8. Alongside the DLC comes a new hotfix, which you can read about here. Kingmaker's second major patch was also supposed to come out this month, but has been delayed to mid-January.

Last edited by a moderator:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
$8 for what exactly? A companion quest?

If what you care about is content then yeah.

This game's DLCs are weaker than Pillars, but like I said in the previous update, it's probably a big enough game as it is.

Last edited:

a cut of domestic sheep prime

A new class, a new race and a companion to go along with it. Seems decent.
Depends on the companion though. If it's someone you don't like, it's kind of worthless. Same with the class/race, I guess.

It'd be nice if they included some other things people are guaranteed to appreciate, like making mercs into advisers or a new fort or something for the cities etc.

I hope she is a good with money because I can't stand that annoying gnome, but I need him to be my treasurer.

Since I have the season pass, I guess I'll find out shortly. :M

I bought the ultra-version that included all DLCs. Even if the DLCs are underwhelming, I just look at it like a form of patronage to "the arts". We've been asking for a game like this for a long time. Lets help them get airborne. What I'm hoping for with these DLCs, is that they will tuck in a bunch of spells/feats/fixes even though they aren't announced as a feature. If anyone has watched the video with them demonstrating the robustness of their spell/ability creation utilities, its difficult to believe they won't continue to churn out content with them.

Lagole Gon

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Pathfinder: Wrath
So apparently the new companion is a schizo. And you can have a schizo ménage à trois. Okay. Sure. Why not. Better than a thot.

1544791607496.png

1544792106484.png

deuxhero

Arcane
Someone ripped the endings apparently
https://pastebin.com/pB4BwADY

You can get the twins in a threesome. :incline: Why was Jade Empire the only RPG that let you get multiple women at once?

Wonder if you can add Octavia or (less likely) Valerie for a foursome

So apparently the new companion is a schizo. And you can have a schizo ménage à trois. Okay. Sure. Why not. Better than a thot.
She's actually a pretty amusing companion. The concept is novel and their are some pretty amusing dialogs.
Including one where the bad sister alludes to sometimes hiding her tail up her own ass when the need arises...

There was a companion in PoE with multiple personalities too, but it was a male elf.

Once again, Pathfinder beats PoE at its own game. :M

hexer

:excellent:

That feeling when you create a video to promote a free DLC but don't do it for the paid one.

deuxhero

Arcane
She's actually a pretty amusing companion. The concept is novel and their are some pretty amusing dialogs.
Including one where the bad sister alludes to sometimes hiding her tail up her own ass when the need arises...

There was a companion in PoE with multiple personalities too, but it was a male elf.

Once again, Pathfinder beats PoE at its own game. :M

There's also One of Many ont he list of multiple personality companions.

Alpan

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Pathfinder: Wrath
Perhaps they recognized that a character-and-class DLC would appeal mainly to the hardcore audience, the fans. As can be discerned from the Codex thread, that crowd does its own marketing.

Elex

Arbiter
they release the game with no marketing why thye must promote a DLC?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom