Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Bloodlines 2 Clan Introduction - Brujah

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Florian Schwarzer; Hardsuit Labs; Paradox Interactive; Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2

After an early reveal at PC Gamer, in today's stream Paradox officially unveiled the Brujah as one of the clans that will be featured in Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2. The Brujah are known as hot-headed rebels and brawlers, and their special abilities are appropriately physical in nature - super strength and super speed. Here's the new trailer, once again with a brief glimpse of gameplay at the end, and details from the official website:

BRUJAH

The Pacific Northwest has a long history of attracting outcasts and drifters, those looking to keep some level of anonymity and independence. The Brujah have never been a large part of the Seattle Kindred community, but when they do show up to a party, they make their presence known immediately. Many of the Seattle Brujah are leftovers from failed Anarch movements in the past century, most choosing to remain unaffiliated or loosely affiliated with the city’s political factions – or at least, they like to claim that.

Generally, Brujah gather at a “bash”, which can be loosely summed up as a sort of fight club for the undead. They use these events to assert their physical superiority to the rest of the clans and to celebrate the raw power of their bloodline. That’s not to say they don’t invite other clans to enter, but it’s rare that any but the Brujah dominate the bash. The champions of these fights are rumored to make good money hiring themselves out as muscle for anyone who can afford them. Supposedly, business is booming in Seattle these nights…

REBELS, RABBLE & REJECTS

Among vampires, the Brujahs’ powers are as overwhelming as their convictions. For the player who chooses to join the Rabble, two new ancient Disciplines become available in addition to their individual powers from their Thinblooded past.

POTENCE

The signature Discipline of the Brujah imbues their undead bodies with the pinnacle of raw Kindred strength. Nobody underestimates the strength of a Brujah twice.

• Fist of Caine (Blood Cost: 2), Potence’s first active power, allows the Brujah to deliver a devastating punch that turns walls into rubble and throws enemies through the air, tearing of limbs and causing collateral damage. The • • slot enhances these devastating effects even further.

• • • Earthshock (Blood Cost: 2), the second active power, smashes the ground with titanic force. The impact causes a shockwave around the player, damaging and knocking down anyone who dared to stray too close. After further upgrades with the • • • • and • • • • • slots, the ground cracks under the Brujah’s onslaught, sending fissures outwards and damaging anyone caught in this cataclysm.

Use of Potence powers in front of unsuspecting mortals is a Masquerade Violation.

CELERITY

Some Kindred strike faster, dodge quicker, and escape more nimbly than any mortal creature could hope to. They use Celerity, the Discipline of pushing their bodies’ speed beyond all limits.

• Unseen Storm (Blood Cost: 2), the first active, allows the vampire to dash in a direction of their choice at such a speed as to momentarily disappear from view, allowing them to land attacks, dodge around enemies, or get away before the dust has time to settle. Characters struck along the way of the dash get knocked down. The • • slot further enhances the Unseen Storm.

• • • Accelerate (Blood Cost: 5), the second active, opens up speeds so fast that everything else in the world appears to slow down to a virtual standstill. Assailants seem frozen in their attacks, cars crawl forward, bullets zip by lazily, and the vampire can get up to the kinds of stunts that, with a popular 80’s synth track in the background, would make an awesome movie scene. The • • • • and • • • • • slots allow the vampire to further improve their acceleration.

If any innocent mortal can spot a use of Celerity, it’s a Masquerade Violation.

Definitely a bit of influence from the newer crop of immersive sims here. It'll be interesting to see how they deal with the more social-oriented clans.

Ogg

Prophet
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
Where's Presence?
Apparently limiting the number of disciplines by clan was a design decision.
1. To make it easier to play (too many disciplines would be too overwhelming...)
2. To reduce redundancies and make clans more different.
My guess is that presence will be restricted to another clan, maybe Toreadors, or Ventrues.

So, :decline: or :incline:?

normie

️‍
Patron
Zionist Agent
Insert Title Here
CMON, LET'S GO

78E24CO.jpg

Dr Schultz

Augur
Where's Presence?
1. To make it easier to play (too many disciplines would be too overwhelming...)
My guess is that presence will be restricted to another clan, maybe Toreadors, or Ventrues.

Considering that Bloodlones, as a traspositon of the Vampire: Masquerade ruleset, sucks, and considering that it's core systems as a videogame (traversal, combat, stealth) suck as well - both facts that don't prevent the game from being one of finest action RPG ever made (at least in its first half) - I wouldn't bother too much with the number of disciplines you have in Bloodlines 2.
I'm more concerned about the very much needed improvements to the core gameplay and about the quest design, which was the true highlight of the first game and the real challenge for the devs of the second one...

Last edited:

Prime Junta

Where's Presence?

You're still keeping your Thinblood disciplines so you'll have a bigger choice than in B1 actually.

(Starting out as a Thinblood and then joining a clan doesn't sit right with me. It's possible they'll be able to sell it with the story of course but I'm not holding my breath.)

Dr Schultz

Augur
Where's Presence?

You're still keeping your Thinblood disciplines so you'll have a bigger choice than in B1 actually.

(Starting out as a Thinblood and then joining a clan doesn't sit right with me. It's possible they'll be able to sell it with the story of course but I'm not holding my breath.)

It doesn't sit right to me as well. I mean: In a design prospective I perfectly understand why they are doing this (allowing players to get the basics first and then make their most important choice both in terms of gameplay and narrative, is a wise move) but it feels soooo wrong in a WoD game.

Granted, they have dibleries as a bullet proof explanation for the "join your favorite clan mid-game" thing. Or maybe they will use the mass embrace excuse (which feels a lot like a supernatural thing that make your character "special"). But still, I'm concerned...

Last edited:

Leshy

Educated
I really wish they'd release these introductions with higher frequency.
And some gameplay footage.
And the game too........

Shit, I'm really hyped for this...

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Brujah? Why does this sound more mage/witch than vampire? I don't own any WOD pnp damnit! I'm clueless here.

Sec.... ah! Wod Brujah. Ok, makes sense since i was thinking Bruja (might help if i wasnt brain-farting the entire lore.

Still, a Brujah Brujería might be cool. I'm all for a mashup of wolves, mages, demons etc or at least a nod.

Agree, i want more vids.

Squid

Arbiter
I want more gameplay rather than this art slide. I want Bloodlines 2 to be good of course but I'm too skeptical in the modern climate.

Crescent Hawk

Cipher
I know Thief cutscenes were made that way because of cost. But why the fuck do they still look good while this looks so fucking awkward.

HarveyBirdman

Arbiter
Hopefully these clan revelation videos aren't indicative of writing quality for this game. Trite adolescent edge isn't appealing.

I wouldn't get too upset yet. I haven't read anything stating that clans will only get two powers. That's highly unlikely. They're probably just showcasing two at a time while they drip feed the clans to keep the hype up.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I wouldn't get too upset yet. I haven't read anything stating that clans will only get two powers. That's highly unlikely. They're probably just showcasing two at a time while they drip feed the clans to keep the hype up.

No, the clans are getting two disciplines each. Watch the stream.

Oh shit. That's bad news. That's such a horrible choice that it's difficult to believe. I'll take your word for it. My guess is that we should prepare for diablerie or some kind of bullshit voodoo where you use a thin-blood to adopt powers.

GloomFrost

Arcane

Oh shit. That's bad news. That's such a horrible choice that it's difficult to believe. I'll take your word for it. My guess is that we should prepare for diablerie or some kind of bullshit voodoo where you use a thin-blood to adopt powers.

Nah i think we should just prepare for a bland, mediocre ARPG. No more, no less.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom