Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Pathfinder: Kingmaker is getting an Enhanced Edition, to be released alongside final DLC on June 6th

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Owlcat Games; Pathfinder: Kingmaker; Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Beneath The Stolen Lands

Pathfinder: Kingmaker's final expansion DLC, Beneath the Stolen Lands, was supposed to be out in April. It's obviously not trivial to implement procedural map generation in an Infinity Engine-style RPG so it wasn't surprising when it got delayed by a month. Now it's been delayed again for a different reason. It turns out Owlcat have been working on a free Enhanced Edition update for Kingmaker that's almost ready, so they figured they might as well release them both on the same date. They'll be out two weeks from now, on June 6th. Here's the announcement with more details:

Dear Pathfinders,

From day one, we’ve set it as our goal to tirelessly improve our game based on your feedback and insight. We’ve pored over comments, scoured the forums and scrutinized your survey answers – and then rushed back to start fixing, polishing and expanding. Today, we are happy to announce the fruits of our labors: an Enhanced Edition of “Pathfinder: Kingmaker”, free to everyone who already owns a copy of the game! Not only is it a culmination of all the previous patches and fixes. Featuring all-new classes, items and abilities, numerous quality-of-life features and multiple balance adjustments, this is the ultimate way to play the game!

The Enhanced Edition will launch on June 6. In the meantime, to let you know of all the exciting new features, we’ve prepared a slew of content, including teasers, dev diaries and even dev streams – the first of which will go live today! Join us on https://www.twitch.tv/owlcatgames at 7:30 PM CEST/1:30 PM EDT (US) for an in-depth look at a new prestige class!

“Pathfinder: Kingmaker – Enhanced Edition” Key Features
  • Free Upgrade for all existing players
  • Numerous gameplay-enriching content additions and dozens of quality-of-life features
  • New abilities and ways to build your character
  • A Brand-new class: Slayer
  • New items and weaponry
  • Improved balance, especially in the beginning and last two chapters of the game
  • Enhanced kingdom management system, both in terms of balance as well as usability and player comfort
  • Increased variety of random encounters on the global map
  • Thousands of fixes and improvements made since the game’s initial release
Beneath the Stolen Lands

Some of our shrewder fans have already figured out that we like to release things near the end of the month. Such was our plan for “Beneath The Stolen Lands”, our 3rd DLC, as well. However, after postponing it for a month from late April to late May, we’ve realized we now had 2 releases lined up one after the other in the space of a week. For this reason, we’ve decided that it would make more sense to release both the DLC and Enhanced Edition on the same day, June 6.

Just to remind you what it's going to be like:

“Beneath The Stolen Lands” Key Features
  • Enter a massive dungeon with a party made from scratch. Begin your adventure to the Tenebrous Depths with a party of newly created characters. Start the game from the main menu and experience the descent into an endless rogue-like dungeon
  • Explore the near-infinite possibilities of building a Pathfinder character. Try out different builds to perfect your tactics at your leisure. Create a band of adventurers able to overcome any danger!
  • Defeat is but a new beginning! Dying in an encounter enables additional benefits for your next playthrough
  • Unlock new items to buy across multiple playthroughs. The number of item slots traders have depends on how far you have been able to descend during all of your previous forays combined
  • Enter the dungeon as your main character, alternatively you can wait for an invitation from a mysterious protector of Golarion as you play through the Main Story. The pre-set version of the dungeon is included into the main campaign, allowing you to use your character and companions to conquer the Tenebrous Depths
Quite a nice surprise. I don't think people were too excited about the idea of a roguelike mode DLC, but the new features in the Enhanced Edition update more than make up for it. I'd like to hear more about that main campaign pre-set version of the dungeon too.

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
Just in time for me to finally finish the base game up.

It looks like the new DLC allows you to take your existing character(s) into a pre-set version of the megadungeon, which is good. I have no desire to treat it as a rogue-like.

GloomFrost

Arcane
Well it looks like i know what i m doing in the beginning of June! New class, new abilities, new features and items. I love you Owlcat you have restored my faith in RPGs, thank you.

Self-Ejected

Safav Hamon

Self-Ejected
Village Idiot The Real Fanboy
One thing I will praise Owlcats on is making the DLC playable outside the main campaign. I wish Obsidian did the same with The White March and Deadfire expansions.

Supermedo

Augur
Well shit, I just started playing pathfinder two days ago, should I just wait for the enhanced edition, I don't care about the new class as I always play as wizard in my first playthrough but the new fixes make me want to hold off and wait for june 6th

Terra

Cipher
May as well wait for the Enhanced edition if you've waited this long. Of course if this replaces the existing Kingmaker on Steam there's the possibility of new bugs depending on how much it's changed.

I could go for a second playthrough if the improvements are substantial enough.

deuxhero

Arcane
If you known PnP PF, you'd know Slayer is a class that takes minimal programming effort to add, which makes sense for a free addition. All its abilities are already in the game for other classes (sneak attack) or trivial to implement (spend an action, get bonuses against a particular foe till you take an action to get bonuses against a different target). That both realized this isn't really ripping off anything (except the PnP game).

Still, the most exciting thing to look forward to is the final patch so mods can be made without instantly being broken.

Athostar

Novice
Fantastic, I still haven't played it, but my brother absolutely loved it. Now that some time has passed for bugfixes, seems like playing it over the summer will be a good idea.

Shadenuat

Arcane
I wish they'd re-make other classes instead, too much trash you would't ever pick. Although it is true for pnp, just looking through ~20 Paladin prestiges made me roll my eyes.

Enter a massive dungeon with a party made from scratch. Begin your adventure to the Tenebrous Depths with a party of newly created characters.

A dungeon crawl with a player created party sounds pretty incline.
yup, I would for sure buy a dungeons and dragons based dungeon crawler where you created your own party from level 1 as its own stand alone game and be happy to do it.

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
Enhanced kingdom management system

How about terminating it, rather than "enhancing"? Using a bad facebook idler game as a central element to drive gameplay has to be one of the most :retarded: design decisions in recent RPG history, putting this game in PoE territory of retarded.

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
deterministic system > RNG

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom