Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Preview Cyberpunk 2077 E3 2019 Demo Previews and Screenshots

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: CD Projekt; Cyberpunk 2077

Like last year, CD Projekt brought a 50 minute Cyberpunk 2077 to E3 which they aren't ready to share with the public yet. Until it's inevitably released later this year, we'll have to make due with descriptions from the press. The main takeaway from the demo is that Keanu Reeves' role is more than just a cameo. He plays the "digital ghost" of Johnny Silverhand, an iconic character from Cyberpunk 2020 lore who will be V's companion throughout the game. He becomes involved with the story when V is implanted with a unique chip that may contain the secret to immortality. The demo seems to be concerned with V's attempt to investigate the chip by seeking the aid of a group of Haitian netrunners called the Voodoo Boys. You can see a few of these characters in the new batch of screenshots CD Projekt released yesterday:

Here are some of the previews released over the past 24 hours:

Besides all the hype surrounding Keanu Reeves, another thing many websites have been impressed by is the confirmation that it will be possible to play through Cyberpunk 2077 without killing anybody. All in all, it's quite a whiplash from yesterday when people noticed that CD Projekt had begun describing the game as "open-world action-adventure" and started getting worried.

undecaf

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
There are some neat ideas there, but I can't shake off the feeling that mechanically the game is just limp and edgeless.

Shitty arcade bossfights, a horrid Bethesdian perkchart, bulletspongy leveled enemies, (apparently) leveled gear, shit minigames doublegating skillchecks...and so on. I dunno.

I might be wrong of course, and this is the new coming of silky soft toilet paper, but... so many seemingly little things piling up and making a smell.

samuraigaiden

Arcane
RPG Wokedex
This is supposedly what the demo was running on:

Intel i7-8700K @ 3.70Ghz
Asus ROG Strix Z370-I Gaming
G. Skill Ripjaws V, 2 x 16GB, 3000Mhz, CL15
Nvidia GeForce GTX1080 TI
Samsung 960 Pro 512 M.2 PCIe
Corsair SF600 600W

Any news on minimum system requirements?

There are some neat ideas there, but I can't shake off the feeling that mechanically the game is just limp and edgeless.

Shitty arcade bossfights, a horrid Bethesdian perkchart, bulletspongy leveled enemies, (apparently) leveled gear, shit minigames doublegating skillchecks...and so on. I dunno.

I might be wrong of course, and this is the new coming of silky soft toilet paper, but... so many seemingly little things piling up and making a smell.

You could say all the same things about witcher 3 though, and it's right at the top of the chart. On the other hand if you didn't like it, I expect there's no chance you'll like cyberpunk.

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik

The smell was there all along. Some time ago I said CDPR is going to end up going the Bethesda route eventually. After making so much money out of the Witcher franchise (and fair play to them), what did people expect? A cult RPG? No, you get a movie.

Gwendo

Augur
Bullet sponge enemies are the worse. One of the reasons I hate Borderlands and The Divison and the likes. I hope CDProjekt doesn't screw it up. Some previews didn't like the way gunplay feels. But the game will be released in one year, plenty of time to fix that.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
I will be impressed if you can really get through the game without killing anyone - which probably does not mean "avoiding all combat" (nor should it). That alone makes me interested in the game.
I will need to upgrade my PC, though, if Windows 10 requirement (as seen on GOG's page) is confirmed.

Gromlintroid

Learned
I'll probably get it in a sale sometime down the road, I mean, the Witcher series is good, but doesnt make CDPR games day one purchases by a long shot.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
You could say all the same things about witcher 3 though, and it's right at the top of the chart.

Who gives a fuck. What's next? Skyrim is a good RPG because it sold like hotcakes?

All in all, Skyrim is a better RPG then Witcher 3 which was, is and will be the new cancer killing RPG as we can see that wuthout any doubts CP will be tailored to the same patterns like their most successful game Witcher 4.

vortex

Fabulous Optimist
They should put Nicholas Cage in the game too.

Mods will fix it.

cyberpunk-2077-keanu-reeves.jpg

You could say all the same things about witcher 3 though, and it's right at the top of the chart.

Who gives a fuck. What's next? Skyrim is a good RPG because it sold like hotcakes?

All in all, Skyrim is a better RPG then Witcher 3 which was, is and will be the new cancer killing RPG as we can see that wuthout any doubts CP will be tailored to the same patterns like their most successful game Witcher 4.

I'll bite. How the hell is skyrim a better rpg than witcher 3? Is it because it lets you play as a furry?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom