Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Preview Cyberpunk 2077 E3 2019 Demo Previews and Screenshots

More screenshots
9fb5011687a2a7f781983dfdca07a8d2.jpg
9c94c602bc2b440c5382e6af3b3abeb0.jpg
0714bb84080d6f1577b66637231cf4be.jpg
7b794b020697918607ca0e5ec1624cd1.jpg
72851f4f554b3146c745e1180992d056.jpg
3c1f4cea53bff327cb1be9610a5074e2.jpg
6ad2a9756b6e2f90faee3bd9c6cf180e.jpg
4c1951c36908d9f32c250d9cc6fdd65a.jpg
f657600ed8dcc15ac5fa9ccd5e8d8797.jpg
cb04158754f9b8eafa102b7e174cb4e5.jpg
8ae4748338c5819a7484c99df253e61d.jpg

Enviado do meu SM-N960F através do Tapatalk

Wyatt_Derp

Arcane
That ugly warhammer chick looks like the bastard love-child of Chris Walken and his Mexican housekeeper. So... the future?

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
All in all, Skyrim is a better RPG then Witcher 3 which was, is and will be the new cancer killing RPGs...

I'll bite. How the hell is skyrim a better rpg than witcher 3? Is it because it lets you play as a furry?

Neither is much of an RPG but at least Witcher 3 felt like a respectable product. How playing Skyrim felt:
giphy.gif

Zer0wing

Cipher
I'll bite. How the hell is skyrim a better rpg than witcher 3? Is it because it lets you play as a furry?
Skyrim had stats with numbers that go up, Skyrim had character creator, Skyrim had a claim for character building. Not that this is any better than Witcher 3s focusing on perks only but this is where your opponent is going from.

molotov.

Novice
Oh, The Witcher 3 was a good RPG according to rpgcodex? I couldn't even get through the tutorial after seeing that horrid combat gameplay and the cringe dialogue, it gets better with time?

molotov.

Novice
it gets better with time?
nothing like ur mom
Albeit funny, it doesn't answer my simple question. Does The Witcher 3 horrid combat and dialogue gets better after the first hour?

Try better bait.

I read a lot but I don't comment is that against the forum rules? I even pledged to Pathfinder Kingmaker through rpgcodex.

Besides, that was a sincere question, I heard quite lot of people saying that The Witcher 3 was good, but I don't trust people that played Skyrim and thought it was good, so I decided to come here and seek some answers towards this question, because, and I'm being 100% honest, I couldn't even get trough the tutorial area because of the combat and dialogue.

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
nothing like ur mom
Albeit funny, it doesn't answer my simple question. Does The Witcher 3 horrid combat and dialogue gets better after the first hour?

Try better bait.

I read a lot but I don't comment is that against the forum rules? I even pledged to Pathfinder Kingmaker through rpgcodex.

Besides, that was a sincere question, I heard quite lot of people saying that The Witcher 3 was good, but I don't trust people that played Skyrim and thought it was good, so I decided to come here and seek some answers towards this question, because I'm being 100% honest, I couldn't even get trough the tutorial area because of the combat and dialogue.

Dude, Witcher 3 is good game. Is it GOAT? Is it a RPG? Don't really think so either way, but as a AAA ARPGalike it's a damn fine game. If you don't like the combat, there's mods that make it Dark Souls' like. Personally I'm not that good at action games so for me the simplistic style is serviceable enough(funny but I like the Gothic 1/2 combat as it just feels slower and have time to adapt to it). The world building and questing is pretty good too. I'm curious about all this bad dialogue...all I remember was a talk about a dream, training Ciri and having a little conversation on horseback to a village before having a scrap with some peasants. Hardly existential but hardly offensive either. Maybe you had some weird translation or VO that made it seem worse than it was? Shrugs.

molotov.

Novice
nothing like ur mom

Try better bait.

Besides, that was a sincere question, I heard quite lot of people saying that The Witcher 3 was good, but I don't trust people that played Skyrim and thought it was good, so I decided to come here and seek some answers towards this question, because I'm being 100% honest, I couldn't even get trough the tutorial area because of the combat and dialogue.

Dude, Witcher 3 is good game. Is it GOAT? Is it a RPG? Don't really think so either way, but as a AAA ARPGalike it's a damn fine game. If you don't like the combat, there's mods that make it Dark Souls' like. Personally I'm not that good at action games so for me the simplistic style is serviceable enough(funny but I like the Gothic 1/2 combat as it just feels slower and have time to adapt to it). The world building and questing is pretty good too. I'm curious about all this bad dialogue...all I remember was a talk about a dream, training Ciri and having a little conversation on horseback to a village before having a scrap with some peasants. Hardly existential but hardly offensive either. Maybe you had some weird translation or VO that made it seem worse than it was? Shrugs.

Good to know about the combat mod because that is a rather important aspect for me. I might have gotten the wrong idea about the dialogue, but it's rather strange that the first thing that you get to read in the game is an awkward dialogue between two naked people and a 12 years old lecturing an old dude that is supposed to be a master, it felt like a movie not a rpg. Thanks for the response I might force myself to get through the tutorial now.

Zeriel

Arcane
There are some neat ideas there, but I can't shake off the feeling that mechanically the game is just limp and edgeless.

Shitty arcade bossfights, a horrid Bethesdian perkchart, bulletspongy leveled enemies, (apparently) leveled gear, shit minigames doublegating skillchecks...and so on. I dunno.

I might be wrong of course, and this is the new coming of silky soft toilet paper, but... so many seemingly little things piling up and making a smell.

tbh Witcher 3 was that way, awful gameplay foundations held up by amazing content/world design. Looks like Cyberpunk is a repeat of that, can't say I'm surprised.

undecaf

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
There are some neat ideas there, but I can't shake off the feeling that mechanically the game is just limp and edgeless.

Shitty arcade bossfights, a horrid Bethesdian perkchart, bulletspongy leveled enemies, (apparently) leveled gear, shit minigames doublegating skillchecks...and so on. I dunno.

I might be wrong of course, and this is the new coming of silky soft toilet paper, but... so many seemingly little things piling up and making a smell.

tbh Witcher 3 was that way, awful gameplay foundations held up by amazing content/world design. Looks like Cyberpunk is a repeat of that, can't say I'm surprised.

Yeah, seems so. Don’t know about ”amazing” content, but it was good.

That’s (the gameplay) also the main reason I could only barely bother finishing Witcher 3. Got bored already at arriving Novigrad and had to put the game on hold. Took me over a year to finally wrap it up, and I know I’ll never touch it again.

But I did finish it, so I suppose the game succeeded.

It’s a bit disheartening thought that CDPR just might not have it in them to pull off interesting gameplay. Too hung up on their storytelling focus.

We’ll see, though.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
You could say all the same things about witcher 3 though, and it's right at the top of the chart.

Who gives a fuck. What's next? Skyrim is a good RPG because it sold like hotcakes?

All in all, Skyrim is a better RPG then Witcher 3 which was, is and will be the new cancer killing RPG as we can see that wuthout any doubts CP will be tailored to the same patterns like their most successful game Witcher 4.

Well, it's not a bait at all? and has nothing with "furry" whatever it is.
Skyrim is better because it allows and has a lot of RPG activities - go there, find this, stumble on that etc.
What exactly W3 has except supeb voiced dialogues, superb directed cut-scenes, great songs and music, and very few non-linear quests?
There is nothing interesting in the so called open world which is empty and dull. You can't find there anything interesting becuse you will buy same or even better weapon or armor from a smith in the town.
That's why even crippled Bethesda's RPGs are much more RPG than W3.
I don't touch combat because it equally bad in Skyrim and W3.

More than that - it is obvious for me, that if W3 got prises and awards it will affect all similiar competitors like Bethesda games, so they will go the same path as CDPR went. So it's a cancer.
Yeah, it's a dark times when you forced to say somehtign good about Bethesda's games as RPG because other options even worse.

Last edited:
You could say all the same things about witcher 3 though, and it's right at the top of the chart.

Who gives a fuck. What's next? Skyrim is a good RPG because it sold like hotcakes?

All in all, Skyrim is a better RPG then Witcher 3 which was, is and will be the new cancer killing RPG as we can see that wuthout any doubts CP will be tailored to the same patterns like their most successful game Witcher 4.

Well, it's not a bait at all? and has nothing with "furry" whatever it is.
Skyrim is better because it allows and has a lot of RPG activities - go there, find this, stumble on that etc.
What exactly W3 has except supeb voiced dialogues, superb directed cut-scenes, great songs and music, and very few non-linear quests?
There is nothing interesting in the so called open world which is empty and dull. You can't find there anything interesting becuse you will buy same or even better weapon or armor from a smith in the town.
That's why even crippled Bethesda's RPGs are much more RPG than W3.
I don't touch combat because it equally bad in Skyrim and W3.

More than that - it is obvious for me, that if W3 got prises and awards it will affect all similiar competitors like Bethesda games, so they will go the same path as CDPR went. So it's a cancer.
Yeah, it's a dark times when you forced to say somehtign good about Bethesda's games as RPG because other options even worse.

I mean, everyone has their own definition of an interesting open world, but how have you missed the treasure hunts in w3 where the whole point is to find and craft the witcher gear that you cannot buy anywhere and that is better by far than anything you can buy.

I also want to point out that neither of the two is a good RPG as such, but at least w3 tried harder.

rusiano

Novice
I hope CD Projekt RED will not forget about modding tools and more options this time because it should be mandatory - Cyberpunk with mods will rock!

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
but how have you missed the treasure hunts

I haven't played it so you can unfinitely dismiss my words based on that.
YOu also have monster hunt in the wilderness right?
But that's too few for such big world, I saw pics on map where they were marked and there was almost nothing to do.
Set of gear is too few for big open world - in my opinion it's dead and empty, and Skyrim with all it Bethesda bullshit is still much more interesting as RPG.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom