Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Review 13 Shocking Facts about Fallout 4 That Will Forever Change the Way You Think about RPGs

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
Nitpicking Fallout 4, codex content producers have truly reached rock bottom.

You guys should start making 'stupid moments' commentary videos for Fallout 4 and other AAA games too.

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
I mean had this come out like 5 months ago it'd be fine but it's way late to the "lmaoooo fallout 4 is so shit check this picture from /v/!! (52 brofists)" party.

or even... a jetpack?!? Yes, Fallout 4 finally re-introduces a version of the old Levitate spell to Bethesda's open world games, allowing the player to slowly crawl upwards through the thick air of downtown Boston.
:)

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
I simply cannot bring myself to read this review. Sometimes less is more. Also the Fallout 4 spotlight window is long gone.

Smejki

Larian Studios, ex-Warhorse
Developer
and the exceptionally dull Minutemen just sort of care about people, you know?
Minutemen may be the worst faction in history because you are the Minutemen. It's a single person faction. You are babysitting an endless bunch of clueless wasteland hobos and then there's Preston Garvey, the black dude quest-alarm NPC who once in a while suddenly remembers you have some more clueless characters to save who then peacefully live in towns you build with your own hands. There is no faction to be spoken of.
I love how bad it is.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
I simply cannot bring myself to read this review. Sometimes less is more. Also the Fallout 4 spotlight window is long gone.

It's not meant to be topical, it's meant to be relatively in-depth. If there's a way to do "in-depth" in few words, then I don't know how.

Avonaeon

Arcane
Developer
The thing that ended up annoying me the most was the that raiders survive by stealing from / killing civilians, yet outnumber them 10:1. That, and people have been living in these places for generations, but never bothered to look in the containers right around them, or clear out the skeletons. The characters are completely oblivious to the world around them.

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
Better than Fallout 3 where the debris are still smoking 300 years later. :M

There's a mod to clear out containers and make loot more rare though.

ArchAngel

Arcane
The thing that ended up annoying me the most was the that raiders survive by stealing from / killing civilians, yet outnumber them 10:1. That, and people have been living in these places for generations, but never bothered to look in the containers right around them, or clear out the skeletons. The characters are completely oblivious to the world around them.
Not just characters. The world is oblivious to the world around it. 9/10 of that world should have collapsed or rotted away in 200 years.

Ninjerk

Arcane
Tuluse is responsible for the SitS review, he's just taking his sweet time.

As for Underrail, everyone who's eloquent enough to write a review either hates it (e.g roxor) or doesn't care (e.g bubbles).

There's also Crooked Bee, who's played both SitS and Underrail, liked both of them, but has absolutely zero time to write anything in the forseeable future.

tuluse dropped the assignment last year, I think. Deuce Traveler recently got a copy and IIRC said he'd have a review done "around May" or something like that. Failing that, I'll write one this summer as I'll likely have a good deal more time on my hands.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I don't think tuluse ever formally dropped it, he just became weird and disappeared from the Codex, only to resurface as a ghostly Shoutbox drunkposter every few weeks. Then there was agris who did drop it, and now DT.

It's the Codex's RTwP Curse. Every RTwP game released is some kind of disaster in one way or another.

Last edited:

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Hey Bubbles , Bethesda's core audience is taking issue with you on twitter:

Check the full conversation for gems such as:

"....saying the factions in New Vegas were better. Get the fuck out. Fallout 4 has the best factions in any gamr"
"I read it, immediately wondered "did we play the same game? Did this guy even play it?""
"And really, 127 hours is kind of...you know...past the point where someone can claim it wasn't engaging."
"All told I've probably got around 400+ hours into it and I've still not completed the main story for any faction."

Tigranes

Arcane
Retards who paid money for FO4 should be obligated to pay the same amount to the Codex Fund

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
felipepepe Re: your tweets

I'm sure you know that comparing a 4+ year old and a five month old game on Steamspy isn't necessarily that meaningful...

Forest Dweller

Smoking Dicks
Tuluse is responsible for the SitS review, he's just taking his sweet time.

As for Underrail, everyone who's eloquent enough to write a review either hates it (e.g roxor) or doesn't care (e.g bubbles).
This should tell you something about the people who like Underrail.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom