Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Company News Atari revenues drop from 577 mil to 391

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Tags: Atari

<a href=http://bourse.tf1.fr/detail_actualite.phtml?news=3419783>Here is the fiscal report for the investors or train wreck watchers:</a>
<br>
<br>
<blockquote>Infogrames Entertainment reported a 3.5-percent decline in sales ("revenue from ordinary business") for the fourth quarter of fiscal 2005-2006, to € 94.7 million from € 98.0 million the same period a year ago.
<br>
<br>
The European and Asian subsidiaries reported a 10% increase in sales compared with one year ago, and accounted for 58% of Infogrames Entertainment's revenue. Fourth-quarter sales by the US subsidiaries (Atari Inc and Atari Interactive), fell 17% from a year earlier, accounting for 42% of consolidated revenue.
<br>
<br>
Business during the fiscal year (April 2005 to March 2006):
<br>
<br>
Revenue from ordinary business for the year ended March 31, 2006 totaled € 391.2 million (current exchange rate), compared with € 577.2 million a year ago. European and Asian operations generated 58% of that total.
<br>
<br>
Outlook
<br>
<br>
The company will showcase major titles from its 2006-2007 catalog at the E3 video game trade show in Los Angeles on May 10-12, 2006. Much-anticipated next-generation games scheduled for release during the year include:
<br>
<br>
- Arthur and the Minimoys (Playstation 2, PSP, PC, GBA, Nintendo DS): The interactive adaptation of the Luc Besson story, already a popular success, will be the must-have title. The game is scheduled for release at the same time as the movie, in late 2006, accompanied by an international promotional campaign.
<br>
<br>
- Alone in the Dark (Xbox 360, PC): the original "survival horror" franchise returns for PC and next-generation consoles.
<br>
<br>
- Test Drive Unlimited (Xbox 360, PC, PS2, PSP): the very first massively multiplayer online racing game is seen as the future game of reference in its genre for next-generation systems.
<br>
<br>
- Neverwinter Nights 2 (PC): the sequel to the popular role-playing game (RPG) franchise has sold more than two million copies worldwide, and boasts one of the largest and most active fan bases for role-playing games.
<br>
<br>
- Dungeons & Dragons: Tactics (PSP): the first Dungeons & Dragons game for PSP marks the D&D(R) franchise's big debut for next-generation portable systems.</blockquote>Wow! A "must-have" title, the return of a franchise, and a MMO racing game? We demand to know who's the genius behind this masterplan!
<br>

LlamaGod

Cipher
There was already a racing MMO a long time ago. And it wasnt that good and eventually died.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"NWN2 may save them for another couple of years if they can find enough Volourn's to part with their cash."

And, at least 75% of the regulars here will be amongst those 'volourns".

But, hey, unlike some morons here who bashed Oblviion from the get go, at least i didn't waste my money on that trash just so i can complain about it afterwards.

R00fles!

Drakron

Arcane
Not me.

I would not mind getting the new Alone in the Dark but reading some previews and their PR idiot talking show me they have no clue why Alone of the Dark standed out from the rest, they are making a RE4 clone and "action" in survival horror just takes the horror out.

Claw

Erudite
Patron
Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Saint_Proverbius said:
Would it be out of line to predict the failure of Test Drive Online now?
Oh, come on. You can't possibly have enough information to make such a call.
And if it turns out you were right about some things does not mean you actually had sufficient info to anticipate it - you were just guessing. So keep your patronizing to yourself.

PS: Burnout fanboy. :wink:

Section8

Cipher
...or the movie...

the very first massively multiplayer online racing game is seen as the future game of reference in its genre for next-generation systems.

AAHAHAHAHAHAHAH! Anyone else find it a bit redundant that they have to point out that the "very first"* of anything will serve as a reference point for similar products in the future?

* May not actually be the first. Whatever happened to EA's Motor City Online?

Spazmo

Erudite
Motor City Online flopped hard, actually, which I guess nobody at Atari noticed?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom