Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Kickstarter Update #50: Dinosaurs & Hunter Stretch Goal Unlocked

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Owlcat Games; Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous

You might recall that the Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Kickstarter campaign was halfway towards its final stretch goal when it concluded back in March. Now that the backer portal is up, Owlcat have been able to continue accepting pledges and today they reached it. The Hunter class and rideable dinosaurs will be added to the game. They're also doing a Q&A stream about the alpha later today.

Mission accomplished! The slacker backers have spoken, and with their help we’ve managed to hit the very last stretch goal, an intriguing and exotic one—the hunter class and dinosaurs will take their place in the game! Yes, you can now start thinking up a character build for your very own dino-riding hunter!

While our game designers are rushing to implement the new class in the game system, and our artists are starting the modelling and texturing for these new exciting animal companions, we want to thank the whole backer community once again. When we launched the Kickstarter campaign, we couldn’t even have imagined that you would surpass all our expectations and fund all the stretch goals we had prepared for you, even the wildest ones. Roarr!

Off to another news—two weeks have passed since the backer portal launch, and one week—since the Alpha test start. We’ve been receiving a lot of questions and comments from you during all this time, so we decided to go on air and have a live chat with you! Do you want to know more about the backer portal or alpha test? Or maybe you have some questions, comments, or opinions left unanswered? Join us for a Q&A session today on twitch.tv/owlcatgames at 11 AM PDT / 2 PM EDT / 8 PM CEST / 9 PM MSK.​

It'd be nice if they showed some gameplay for those of us who aren't in the alpha.

Jedi Exile

Arcanum
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I always thought that Ranger is a hunter class. It is a classic stereotype of a hunter. But now we have a 'hunter' who rides... a dinosaur. Okaaay... Why not just add an animal companion for a ranger?

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
I always thought that Ranger is a hunter class. It is a classic stereotype of a hunter. But now we have a 'hunter' who rides... a dinosaur. Okaaay... Why not just add an animal companion for a ranger?

The name might be silly, but the hunter is quite different to the ranger. It's more of a druid hybrid and gets 6th level casting.

It's usually considered to be vastly superior to the ranger in almost every aspect, as the loss of BAB and HP is easily countered with access to buffs and other abilities.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Because it already has one.

Names are confusing because Pathfinder has so many different classes they probably finished all the words in the English vocabulary. Ranger, Hunter, Slayer, they all cover the same concepts but with different features and abilities.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth

Names are confusing because Pathfinder has so many different classes they probably finished all the words in the English vocabulary. Ranger, Hunter, Slayer, they all cover the same concepts but with different features and abilities.

Yeah Paizo was running out of names with all the hybrids they created. Gets even crazier if you start including popular 3pp classes.

Self-Ejected

Thac0

Time Mage
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
I am getting bad vibes here, the amount of stretch goals they keep putting in is unreal. Many a kickstarter campaign already went tits up on release or before because the devs bit off more than they could chew with stretch goals and Pathfinder Kingmaker wasnt exactly stable on release. In fact it came quite close to being unplayable buggy.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I am getting bad vibes here, the amount of stretch goals they keep putting in is unreal. Many a kickstarter campaign already went tits up on release or before because the devs bit off more than they could chew with stretch goals and Pathfinder Kingmaker wasnt exactly stable on release. In fact it came quite close to being unplayable buggy.

You're late, there are no more stretch goals.

Self-Ejected

Thac0

Time Mage
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture

Good riddance, they have 21 stretch goals now if I counted right. I faintly remember when the end was the two new extra mythic paths. Just hoping they dont break their backs with this, I have 136 hours in Kingmaker and havent even finished it. Would be a shame if they crush under the weight of their own ambitions.

Elex

Arbiter

Pathfinder is an extremely bloated ruleset.

Yes how many guy with bow and pet are needed in a ruleset?

Remember that in addition to classes: subclasses, multiclasses and prestige also exist.

players will favor the stronger of the many option 2-3 combination will be good and actually usefull and fun, 1-2 will be good for some useful trick with multiclassing and the other 14 will be useless until the next rebalance.
And in addition we must consider when something not work as written or when something is bugged.

the point is go on a forum/google and ask what is the correct combination? (So people don’t even read the option and just google?).

jac8awol

Arbiter

Good riddance, they have 21 stretch goals now if I counted right. I faintly remember when the end was the two new extra mythic paths. Just hoping they dont break their backs with this, I have 136 hours in Kingmaker and havent even finished it. Would be a shame if they crush under the weight of their own ambitions.

I don't think they will get crushed under the weight of their ambitions. I have a lot of faith in these guys since Kingmaker was hands down the best throwback RPG. But I do agree with you that they went ridiculously far with their stretch goals, shooting for things that only total autists would care about. And who knew, there were enough autists. Guess I'm in the minority and I'm just a filthy casual but I really don't give a shit about riding a brontosaurus while I throw ninja stars at demons.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom