Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Ostranauts now available on Early Access

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Blue Bottle Games; Daniel Fedor; Modern Wolf; Ostranauts

As announced during Gamescom, Ostranauts, the spaceship life simulator from NEO Scavenger creator Daniel Fedor, is out on Early Access today. We already saw its launch trailer then, but publisher Modern Wolf put together a shorter version for the actual release. Here it is along with Daniel's announcement post:

Hey Folks!

It's official. Ostranauts is now available on Steam Early Access!

Roll-up a new captain, head out into the boneyard, and start picking over derelicts for useful parts. And when you find "the one," start fixing it up with spare parts and elbow grease, and make it your own. But don't forget to take a break every now and then to visit K-Leg for some R&R. And maybe convince a crew member to join you?

If this sounds like something you might be into, head on over to the Ostranauts Steam page! There's even a 20% launch discount this week.

Soundtrack and Special Edition

Steam also has Josh Culler's excellent Ostranauts soundtrack for sale, including 25 in-game tracks, and 9 bonus tracks. Plus high quality FLAC versions of each. If you enjoyed Josh's music in NEO Scavenger, you should check out his latest work!

The OST can be purchased separately, or as part of the Mescaform Edition, which bundles them together at a bigger discount.

I hope you all enjoy the game so far. This is the beginning of a game I've wanted to play for ages, and I look forward to developing Ostranauts even more with your feedback!

Judging by the Steam reviews, Ostranauts has launched in a pretty buggy state, but it does have an entire two years to be in Early Access. If you'd like to get in early, the game is available on Steam for $20 with a 20% launch discount until next week.

Monolith

Prophet
This is a tough one. Really excited to dive into it. At the same time, early access, lot's of comments on steam about how it's quite a buggy mess at this point...

But being the guy that bought NEO Scavanger twice (PC, Android), I think a leap of faith may be in order.

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Looks very promising and quite a leap in production values over NEO Scaveneger.

If the gameplay is at least as good, I'm in (after the bugs have been sorted out).

MurkyShadow

Glittering gem of hatred
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong BattleTech Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. I helped put crap in Monomyth
I've been playing Neo Scavenger since its alpha days before steam. The dev got a good head on his shoulders.
Even though I might not want to dive in this early this time around I'm inclined to support the project with
my wallet in early access. I've supported games with way less hope of ever coming together.
Hey! Don't judge me for supporting Barkley 2! I so very much wanted to jam. :sadsmiley:

Rarre

Educated
:bro: YES!!!!!!!!!!!! but will wait a few months... I hate losing savegames(I have PTSD related to this), bugs...

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Always a good lesson to not launch into Steam's EA too early.

But it is a good sign that most negative reviews even acknowledge that they trust things will eventually be fixed due to good rep.

MurkyShadow

Glittering gem of hatred
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong BattleTech Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. I helped put crap in Monomyth
I planned on waiting a little longer before playing it. But I might just give it a spin to give Kodexia a little insight.

Last edited:

Catacombs

Arcane
Patron

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom