Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Diablo 2 Resurrected Chattery with AusGamer

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: Blizzard North; Diablo 2; Diablo 2 Resurrected

AusGamers has an interview with several of the boys from Blizzard about the upcoming Diablo 2 Resurrected. Topics include the transition from 2D to 3D, what changes they might make, updating from the old engine, and so much more. Here's a slice:

Diablo II: Resurrected isn’t devoid of changes, quality of life improvements like a shared stash is coming, alongside the option to make gold-pickup automatic. Even the above auto-sort for inventory will be optional. Again it comes down to staying true to the original vision, it’s why the fancy 3D overlay is simply just that. And for a game as revered as Diablo II -- fixing something that could be labelled a ‘bug’, ‘exploit’, or ‘glitch’ carries with it additional weight. Thankfully the fact that people still play the game today means just about everything has been discovered, discussed, and dissected by the community.

Here's to hoping they learned their lessons from the Warcraft 3 Reforged. That's my big fear with this thing.

Spotted at Blue's News

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
It amused me that they steered clear of discussing the negative reactions to the character designs.

I still have no idea if they will fix it.

They claimed they were listening to feedback, but they used very non-committal phrasing.

I guess they can always turn around and spin the feedback as some evil gamergate campaign. Then again most of the original D2 fanbase probably don't look too keenly on SJW shit.

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
The Assassin is the one that strikes me as the worst update. It's odd they add more clothes to the Assassin but not the Sorceress. It's even MORE odd that they put red pants on her. Kind of stands out a little there.

The Paladin kind of looks like a Human Growth Hormone addict. His head is huge.

Sentinel

Arcane
This actually looks like a great remaster so far - probably because it isn't being done by Blizzard. I don't care about the faces in Diablo, wouldn't mind if they fixed them though.

Blizzard will probably fuck up the post-release support though.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
The females need less clothes not more. Do the D1 succubi needeth to spank the hell back into blizzards brain? If anything, they could have added the core D1 classes into D2 just for kicks but I realize this is just a make-up costume change project. Oh well.

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
I will say this, the Diablo graphics were a lot better. There was way more gore and like you said, naked succubi. You get to Hell in Diablo 2, and it's just too sanitized. There's ash, and more ash. Even though Hell in Diablo was an isometric dungeon, it still felt more immersive and scary than the one in Diablo 2. The art had a lot to do with that, which even allowed you to suspend the disbelief with the walls and square rooms.

Lexx

Cipher
I mean, you will change the default clothes soon anyways. Face will be covered by helmets and everything else by plate armor. I'm especially hyped because apparently every unique item got their own 3d model, so we won't just see the same art in a different glowing color.

Honestly, this thing looks pretty good so far.

Ismaul

Thought Criminal #3333
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
If you look closely, you'll notice me and Lexx look a bit different. I've inherited the better genes: my face is smoother than his. :smug:

Me:
3333.jpg

Lexx:
9700.jpg

But I dare say he doesn't look too shabby himself. :oops:

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
I don't think you can load mods on battle.net. Am I wrong?
Last I looked, you couldn't play Diablo 2 with mods. I would stay that trend will continue since there's actually an economy for the game that Blizzard would like to maintain. There's also their ladder system that they really used to like for the PvPers.

MrBuzzKill

Arcane
diablo-2-resurrected-characters.jpg

I don't see any huge problem here. To me they're immediately recognizable, except maybe the Paladin who's quite a bit darker than he used to be. A questionable decision, but I can see why they did it.

Edit: Oh god, just noticed the Amazon's face.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom