Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Into the Eternal ascends to Early Access

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: Into the Eternal; Zero Infinite Games

Into the Eternal has been released for Early Access on Steam. What's the deal with it? Most of the game is played in third person, allowing you to explore every little nook and crranny. However, when you enter combat, it switches to a 2D side scroller. I don't think I've seen that before. Anyway, some bits:

The Gods of Into the Eternal are capable of creating worlds and setting events in motion. Once they ascend from that world they can no longer control it, and must trust that man will do right by their creation. After many worlds fell into ruin due to man's passion for war, the gods came up with a solution. They created a monster called the Great Exiler, which would rise from the ocean every 900 years - and if man didn't work together to destroy it, then the huge beast would destroy everything. Man would have to start over.

As the game opens, the monster has once again risen from the ocean, and you must take up arms against it.​

Well, at least some people are trying something new. I'm not much on Metroidvania combat, though.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
It looked like one combat part wasn't side-scrolling or was smacking those bugs just resource collection?

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
What an odd design choice. Wonder what the rationale behind it is.

Shitty design decision IMO. I would have probably made it a sidescroller fully. Exploration looks really bland and like a cheap Zelda ripoff.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Looks more like third-person free roaming in the overworld and 2D action platforming in the dungeons. Evoland 2 already did something similar a few years ago (for some of its dungeons, at least).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom