Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Kickstarter Update #85: Ascension Trailer

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Owlcat Games; Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous

Through February and March, Owlcat ran a series of community votes for Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous where fans got to direct the actions of the leader of a party of adventurers travelling through the Worldwound region. As promised, those choices have served as the basis for a delightfully cheesy new trailer released today. It turns out that cowardly recruit wasn't what he appeared to be. Appearing in the trailer is Areelu Vorlesh, the half-succubus archmage responsible for opening the Worldwound over a century before the events of the game. She's the topic of the latest Kickstarter update:

Hello Crusaders!

We are hoping you are enjoying the beta version of Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous. If you want to share your thoughts with the Owlcat team, please join our discord, where we have a special chat in the beta section, just for your feedback! We’d love to read what you think.

But now let’s talk about someone you may have met in the game already. The most hated person in all Mendev, one of the most powerful and dangerous spellcasters on Golarion, a half-fiend responsible for countless deaths - Areelu Vorlesh, the Architect of the Worldwound.

Despite Areelu’s infamy, little is actually known about her. Some say that back in Sarkoris she was a powerful mage, who was arrested by Sarkorian witch hunters for practicing arcane magic, and thrown into the prison meant only for the most dangerous of casters - the Threshold. There Areelu somehow managed to open the rift between Golarion and the Abyss which became eventually known as the Worldwound, and initiated the demonic invasion of Golarion.

Now whenever something sinister happens, such as a crucial crusader victory suddenly turning into the ashes of a crushing defeat - Areelu can be seen on the battlefield. What is her plan? What is she trying to achieve?

Will you be the one to answer the questions that have been gnawing at the crusaders for almost a hundred of years?

Watch our new trailer, which you helped create during our Community Quest, and meet Areelu Vorlesh, the Architect of the Worldwound.
In other community news, Owlcat recently announced a new contest for beta backers, where the objective is to defeat some of the game's key encounters as quickly as possible. The contest runs until June 30th and the winners get an exclusive plushie. Go to it, powergamers.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
Why is the succubus so modest? Is that her half human side seeping through? L0L

Kruno

Arcane
Patron
Village Idiot Zionist Agent Shitposter
Why is the succubus so modest? Is that her half human side seeping through? L0L

iu

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
do you start at level 1? it would be weird if level 1 mooks are sent against demon hordes. or there's 30 hours tutorial to reach at least level 6-7 before throwing you into the inquisition?

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
do you start at level 1? it would be weird if level 1 mooks are sent against demon hordes. or there's 30 hours tutorial to reach at least level 6-7 before throwing you into the inquisition?

Yes, you start at level 1 but progress fast. It's one of the few APs that you finish at level 20 instead of 17, and that's not including all the extra powerups you get in this one from mythic paths.

The AP is a munchkin's dream with fast progression and escalating encounters.

The CRPG adaptation is no exception.

Last edited:

TigerKnee

Arcane
You do start at level 1, and the first chapter of the game is retaking the formally peaceful city you're in. You end up at level 6 by the time it's done and that's when the proper crusading begins.

Zeriel

Arcane
Also worth mentioning that the game does acknowledge that it's "strange" for a level 1 to do the stuff you do, that's actually part of the story and there are reasons for it.

Delterius

Arcane

Yes, you start at level 1 but progress fast. It's one of the few APs that you finish at level 20 instead of 17, and that's not including all the extra powerups you get in this one from mythic paths.
To give you an idea: you start at level 1, kill some vermin in a cave system and afterward a quest puts you on level 2. That's the tutorial. And you're supposed to reach level 20 with 2 chapters left ahead of you.

Ol'man

Educated
No fucking way it comes out September 2nd. At least, I hope not.
Wotr is great but Owlcat is breaking more shit than they fix.

Ol'man

Educated
if there is time (another chapter) to play with a 20/20 class combination looks juicy.

You're level 17/18ish by the end of chapter 4 and there are two more chapters (chapters 5 and 6 are not in beta). I don't know how close to 40 you'd get but 20+ levels are supposed to be faster than normal.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"Since when are sucubi 1/2 human?"

Ask Infinitron. he wrote that in his post.

vonAchdorf

Arcane

If you want a polished game, wait for the EE, if you want to play a rough but kinda working game, play it on release.

Zeriel

Arcane

Eh it's pretty good for a beta. Considering how bad Kingmaker was on an actual release, I'm surprised at how stable WOTR's beta is. If it doesn't improve at all that would be one thing, but imo it's not that bad currently for its dev cycle.

The worst bugs I have seen so far are journal/narrative stuff, not a lot of gamestopping stuff in there.

Ol'man

Educated
Lucky you?

Beta2 (re) introduced bugs that were fixed as far back as the alpha patch. Metamagic, particularly with the mystic ability, has a chance to lock up the ui requiring a restart (and can corrupt your saves). Some battle maps have a black screen making them unusable, requiring a reload and blocking progress on the world map. Companion quests (Aru's come to mind in chp 4) can still soft lock your game. I have no idea how they changed world geometry but getting under the map is hilariously easy, particularly with a pet or Aviu. I've had both Hand (which just halts progress) and Sosil vanish in Drezen on my lich run.

If wotr was just rough around the edges, like in alpha, fine. I was impressed back then when alpha dropped (for Owlcat). But's it's slowly becoming more like Kingmaker at launch.

Last edited:

LabRat

Learned
I don't like only just get to lvl 40. It probably only good for martial classes. Maybe we can just lose the mythic path ability/feat and still keep vanilla mythic ability/feat.

I kind of hope that there is a choice is you can build your own religion and become a minor deity or demigod in the ending.

jac8awol

Arbiter
Wow, that trailer was trash. Told me nothing about the game, didn't even feel my dick jump. If I hadn't been following the game I'd assume this to be some kind of generic darkest dungeon suck-cessor. Why are they even wasting resources on nonsense like this?

Still, kudos to them for featuring a blonde alpha chad jesus freak protagonist banishing lascivious thots. Brave move in today's ideological cesspool.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom