Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Vampire: The Masquerade - Swansong delayed to May 19th

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Big Bad Wolf; Nacon; Vampire: the Masquerade - Swansong

Having introduced all three protagonists, earlier this month Nacon published a dev diary for Big Bad Wolf's upcoming narrative RPG Vampire: The Masquerade - Swansong about the making of the game's soundtrack, along with a couple of sample tracks. It seemed like things were on track for a release in February, but it turns out the developers need some more time. Yesterday they announced on social media that Swansong will be launching on May 19th.

With Swansong, we are taking the narrative-RPG formula so core to our studio DNA and scaling up as we adapt the systems from the Vampire: The Masquerade tabletop into a video game experience. The political intrigue and supernatural mystery baked into the setting are a perfect fit for the story we want to tell.

Our focus is on crafting a world that draws you in, that requires you to make difficult decisions and live with the consequences. Swansong features lots of characters, choices, dialogues, and opportunities to decide how the story plays and our ultimate focus is on quality. With this in mind, we’ve made the difficult decision to delay the launch of Vampire: The Masquerade – Swansong from February 2022 to May 2022.

This wasn’t a decision we took lightly, but one necessary to ensure the highest possible quality while retaining a healthy work-life balance for our team. Granted, the pandemic also threw a couple of wrenches into our planning, but this delay will allow us to apply some additional polish and give us some extra time for QA. We’re a small but very passionate team, eager to create an immersive experience that rivals the sort of personal storytelling you’d experience from a great tabletop session. One that leaves you with questions long after the credits have stopped rolling (but a reason to go back and see how things could have been different).

Vampire: The Masquerade – Swansong will be available on May 19, 2022.

We can’t wait to share more with you, so stay tuned. Thank you very much for your patience and all of your support.​

I imagine not having to release on the same month as Elden Ring is another bonus. At least we have an exact date now.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Well...
It sucks!
123-1230112_vampire-fangs-png-vampire-fangs-dripping-blood-transparent.png

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Damn! Stamped like someone is the Waco Kid. Damn fast... even if disgusting.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
Here's some good ost for people disappointed with the shit linked in the OP post

TheImplodingVoice

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck

Having introduced all three protagonists, earlier this month Nacon published a dev diary for Big Bad Wolf's upcoming narrative RPG Vampire: The Masquerade - Swansong about the making of the game's soundtrack, along with a couple of sample tracks. It seemed like things were on track for a release in February, but it turns out the developers need some more time. Yesterday they announced on social media that Swansong will be launching on May 19th.

With Swansong, we are taking the narrative-RPG formula so core to our studio DNA and scaling up as we adapt the systems from the Vampire: The Masquerade tabletop into a video game experience. The political intrigue and supernatural mystery baked into the setting are a perfect fit for the story we want to tell.

Our focus is on crafting a world that draws you in, that requires you to make difficult decisions and live with the consequences. Swansong features lots of characters, choices, dialogues, and opportunities to decide how the story plays and our ultimate focus is on quality. With this in mind, we’ve made the difficult decision to delay the launch of Vampire: The Masquerade – Swansong from February 2022 to May 2022.

This wasn’t a decision we took lightly, but one necessary to ensure the highest possible quality while retaining a healthy work-life balance for our team. Granted, the pandemic also threw a couple of wrenches into our planning, but this delay will allow us to apply some additional polish and give us some extra time for QA. We’re a small but very passionate team, eager to create an immersive experience that rivals the sort of personal storytelling you’d experience from a great tabletop session. One that leaves you with questions long after the credits have stopped rolling (but a reason to go back and see how things could have been different).

We can’t wait to share more with you, so stay tuned. Thank you very much for your patience and all of your support.​

I imagine not having to release on the same month as Elden Ring is another bonus. At least we have an exact date now.
You are literally shitposting. You post shit disguised as "news". Can you please giver yourself a "shitposter" tag

Bigg Boss

Arcane

You are literally shitposting. You post shit disguised as "news". Can you please giver yourself a "shitposter" tag

He is literally posting news on a site about games but you are too much of a dumbfuck autist to realize he is not getting paid to post here. Please kill yourself.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I imagine not having to release on the same month as Elden Ring is another bonus.

On the flip side, this game presents absolutely no competition to Elden Ring.
Idk, man.
I was first thinking about getting Elden Ring day 1.
But when I read about the VtM narrative driven experience game, I was really excited to be taken on a story drive instead where I would not need to be worried about doing anything wrong.
And could also enjoy the certainly self-insert free, highest tier writing and not just some discover-it-yourself Dark Souls stuff, which is just way too hard.
Seems pretty clear to me that Swansong would be the better choice for most advanced gamers.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
And could also enjoy the certainly self-insert free, highest tier writing...

You're making it too easy.

TBF, I haven't played The Council games and they might be really good. Maybe I'm ragging on this studio based on what other VtM games have been going through.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom