Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Zoria: Age of Shattering Released

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Anshar Studios; Tiny Trinket Games; Zoria: Age of Shattering

https://www.gamespress.com/en-AU/Its-Launch-Day-for-Zoria-Age-of-Shattering

Katowice, Poland – March 7, 2024 – Anshar Publishing and Tiny Trinket Games have launched their isometric turn-based RPG, Zoria: Age of Shattering worldwide for the PC on Steam, GOG and in the Epic Games Store for $24.99.

Anshar is launching Zoria: Age of Shattering on International Stop Playing Baldur's Gate 3 Day* because they realize there may be millions of hardcore RPG fans out there that will wake up today and have no idea what to do with their life after they finish breakfast.

Zoria is a single player tactical RPG with faster paced combat than traditional turn-based RPGs, an emphasis on class synergy and outpost and follower management, all set in an expansive fantasy world. In Zoria, you’ll be tasked with gathering the best warriors and mages to form a team of four that will liberate the Kingdom of Zoria which has fallen prey to the hellspawn that roam its land. Once lush forests, majestic buildings and thriving towns have been transformed into dark, dangerous locales. And this time we added new words to this description paragraph so you wouldn't complain about reading the same exact thing for three press releases in a row. So make sure to send your thank you notes to the email at the bottom of this media release to encourage us to do more of this in the future.

Zoria: Age of Shattering Key Features:

- Dynamic turn-based combat in an ever-changing environment
- Build and develop your base. Manage your squad and send them on autonomous missions
- Craft, rest and survive-a bonfire provides a safe spot to restock your resources and prepare for the coming battle
- Specific party member skills can open new areas and quests

More information about Zoria: Age of Shattering can be found at https://zoriagame.com/

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1159090/Zoria_Age_of_Shattering/
https://af.gog.com/game/zoria_age_of_shattering?as=1649904300

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
0eb680851fe8a2559fe4b0eeec9cf909.png

motherfucker

Educated
The animations look hilariously bad, reminds me of PSP games I was playing in middle school

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
The animations look hilariously bad, reminds me of PSP games I was playing in middle school
It's a 3 person dev team from Romania. It's a miracle the game was released.

Normally I should support them but it's meh. The reviews are not really good.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Anshar is launching Zoria: Age of Shattering on International Stop Playing Baldur's Gate 3 Day* because they realize there may be millions of hardcore RPG fans out there that will wake up today and have no idea what to do with their life after they finish breakfast.

Oh wow, a BG3-like!

just

Liturgist
after few hours, my thoughts are pretty much what he said

you can see it's a low budget game, but still good enough for me. it wont get any awards but i can see myself playing till the end.
pretty shit intro map, gets better later.
so far only thing i find absolutely appalling and is really pissing me off is color coded loot and drop rates. feels like playing an arpg with drop% cheats.
will have to bitch on steam about it, seems like devs care.

AndrewCC

Educated
Am I dumb? Is there a way to start combat yourself, and not let the enemy run up to you and initiate combat?
Apparently chosing the wizard class was a mistake, because I can only control the MC, meaning I am in front of the party, and every enemy gets to run up to me and get a free swing on my mage!
What in the actual fuck...

Ok, after playing it for about an hour:
The Mortismal video is right, the game is ROUGH, it bombards you with multiple wall of text tutorials right at the start, way before they are needed, like the crafting (alchemy, cooking, equipment, 1 wall of text each) even if you do not have any materials to craft anything, and the item sistem is needlessly complicated, each item has way too many stats (magic damage, physical damage, int/dex/str/stamina etc, even a grey item has at least 4 stats on it), and it's hard to even know if an item is an upgrade, downgrade or sidegrade.
As for my first complaint, there's a formation sistem, but your MC is fixed in the centre of the formation, and when you move, followers lag behind you, meaning you are in 95% of cases in front, in range of enemy melee guys running up to hit you.
You can control followers in combat, which is turn-based, but not outside of it, for the real time movement, for some reason.
Not for me, sadly, even if I'd like to support a dev from my country.

Last edited:

Contagium

Savant
Patron
I bought this not realizing it's the same punisher as Gamedec, which might be the worst excuse of an RPG I've played in years. Hoping this is better than that...or at the very least a game trying to be a proper RPG

Fargus

Arcane
Any actual rpg player that played this,any good ?

I only played "borrowed" gog version for an hour or so before uninstalling.

It is really rough around the edges and amateurish. And just plain ugly as fuck.
Combat reminds me of tin men bashing each other for multiple turns with low damage. Really boring.
There is obnoxious loot after every encounter, your inventory gets flooded super fast with garbage.
Tutorials are done in the most annoying fashion, you get 3-4 tutorial windows in a row multiple times. Fuck that shit.

This is the kind of game that instantly puts you off.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom