Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Dungeon Siege 2 announced

Ausir

Arcane
Tags: Dungeon Siege 2

<a href=http://www.microsoft.com>Microsoft</a> has officially announced a sequel to <b>Dungeon Siege</b>:
<br>
<ul><i>
<br>
Microsoft Game Studios today announced that Dungeon Siege II, the sequel to the best-selling RPG from Gas Powered Games, is currently in development and is slated for release in 2004. A trailer for Dungeon Siege II will be shown at E3, the annual video game convention taking place in Los Angeles from May 14 through 16. Visitors to the Microsoft booth (South Hall #1246) will be treated to a taste of the vision and direction of this upcoming title. This cinematic feast for the eyes showcases the extraordinary capabilities of the Dungeon Siege II engine, as the entire movie was created in-engine.
<br>
<br>
"Run to the village and warn the chickens!&#8221; said Chris Taylor, president of Gas Powered Games. &#8220;At this year&#8217;s E3 we are showing the first sneak peek of what we have in store with Dungeon Siege 2. To emphasize the advances we have made in the RPG genre, we created a very special trailer using the actual in-game rendering engine. The future is here and we are all extremely excited to be a part of it with the announcement of the next title in the Dungeon Siege franchise."
<br>
</ul></i>
<br>
<br>
As someone has said, Dungeon Siege had a good engine. Someone really should make a game out of it. You can find DS2 website <a href=http://www.dungeonsiege.com/ds2.shtml>here</a>, although you won't find anything of interest there yet (and we don't promise that you will in the future).
<br>
<br>
Spotted this at <a href=http://www.rpgdot.com>RPGDot</a>.

HanoverF

Arcane
Patron
MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2
They're too busy advancing the RPG genre to worry about things like gameplay...

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
It is true then, a picture is worth a thousand (dialogue) words :lol:

Araanor

Liturgist
Seems they're working on advancing the engine, that's interesting, say for an hour or two. :?

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Damn, you all beat me to that. My face was in full smirk when I read that bit about advancing the genre followed by the look at these kewl graffix, d00d! Of course, they can't really claim they've advanced anything what with Dungeon Siege using the character system from Dungeon Master, item system from Diablo, pack mule from Daggerfall, combat from Baldur's Gate, and so on. The engine itself is about all they can brag on being "kewl".

Flarnet

Liturgist
As far as "brain activity required" is concerned, Dungeon Siege makes NWN look like Planescape: Torment.

EEVIAC

Erudite
One DS idea I really like is the absence of loading screens, I wish FPS employed similar designs. Although this is hardly a revolution in RPG design (more good game design) all the comments I've read about the lack of gameplay have put me off this game, even now its at a somewhat budget price.

While lauding over the impresive qualities of a great engine is all good and well, not even hinting that they've addressed gameplay concerns (this is backed up by what I'm assuming is the official release here) is pretty disappointing.

POOPERSCOOPER

Prophet
hey

Someone should stone that fool, hes made no advances whatso ever in the genre, I bet he means some new uber graphics.

HanoverF

Arcane
Patron
MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Those blues news folks loose all credibility when they say stuff like...

If you really have time on you hands, then play a real decent RPG game like NeverWinter Nights, the possibilities are endless

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
HanoverF said:
Those blues news folks loose all credibility when they say stuff like...

If you really have time on you hands, then play a real decent RPG game like NeverWinter Nights, the possibilities are endless
Did it come with a line "and now a message from our sponsors"? :lol:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom