Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Company News Fargo buys Bard's Tale

Ausir

Arcane
Tags: Bard's Tale (2005); Brian Fargo; InXile Entertainment

The new company of <b>Brian Fargo</b> (Interplay's ex-CEO), called <b>inXile</b>, has acquired the <b>Bard's Tale</b> license from Electronic Arts. The original Bard's Tale series was developed by Interplay and published by EA, and Fargo was the lead designer for it.
<br>
<br>
If they're buying one classic Interplay/EA title, why not another... <b>Wasteland</b>! Anyway, notice how you can read "InXile" as "in exile". Funny thing, since Fargo was practically exiled from Interplay by Titus.
<br>
I wonder if that's where Feargus went...
<br>
<br>
Thanks for the info, <b>Sammael</b>!

udarnik

Novice
There were two Bard's Tales on the NES.
http://www.mobygames.com/game/sheet/p,22/gameId,819/

The first one came out in '91, after Bard's Tale 3. After console versions started being made, all work was ceased on another installment for the PC (a fourth BT was rumored to be in production). It seems the pernicious influence of console development stretches back further than I had thought. :)

POOPERSCOOPER

Prophet
hey

EA is willing to sell Bards Tale, but not wasteland? Troika would of put that wasteland license to good use too, damn EA.

Ausir

Arcane
Maybe they would be willing to sell Wasteland to Fargo more than to Troika, since he worked on the original one...

Spazmo

Erudite
EA just figures it would take too long to make money of Bard's Tale, while they could ride Wasteland into The Sims: After the Bombs.

Greenskin13

Erudite
Spazmo said:
The Sims: After the Bombs.

Heh, I can almost see that. I'd think that after three expansion packs, The Sims would have been all milked out. Its crazy that people are still buying add-on after add-on.

Rayt

Liturgist
Saint_Proverbius said:
I don't think EA gives a rat's ass about who's idea is who's.

Apparantly, they refused to sell the Bard's Tale and the Wasteland license to Interplay.

Though, those are rumours I read on the Iplay board a while ago. Could as well be that it isn't true.

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Greenskin13 said:
Heh, I can almost see that. I'd think that after three expansion packs, The Sims would have been all milked out. Its crazy that people are still buying add-on after add-on.

Three? I thought Superstar was the sixth one.

Greenskin13

Erudite
Saint_Proverbius said:
Three? I thought Superstar was the sixth one.

It is, but I thought that after three add-ons, they'd stop making them or at least people would stop buying them. I was wrong.

Sammael

Liturgist
The Sims got their creator a promotion in the hierarchy of Baator.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom