Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Fallout 3 update

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Tags: Bethesda Softworks; Fallout 3

Todd Howard has kindly <a href=http://www.gamernews.org/2007/01/19/fallout-3-headed-to-xbox-360-not-unlikely-says-bethesda/>shared some plans</a> about the award-winning Fallout XBOX action game with <a href=http://www.gamernews.org>Gamer News</a>:
<br>
<br>
<blockquote>In an exclusive interview with the UK Official Xbox Magazine, Bethesda have revealed more details about Fallout 3, the legendary post-apocalyptic RPG franchise they took over in 2004.
<br>
<br>
And whilst the title has only been confirmed for the PC thus far, judging by the comments below, an official word on its Xbox 360 release could be imminent…
<br>
<br>
Speaking to Todd Howard (Executive producer of Oblivion, Morrowind and Fallout) with regard to Bethesda’s plans for 2007 and beyond, he told us; "We started work (on Fallout 3) in late 2004 with a few people. We only had about 10 people on it until Oblivion wrapped, but most of our staff is on it now." Is it wishful thinking that Fallout 3 will eventually be released on Microsoft’s next-gen machine? With the game itself utilising the same Gamebryo engine as Oblivion, perhaps not. And promised to be as huge and open-ended as their multi-award winning 2006 effort, <b>demand for Fallout 3 on the Xbox 360 would be huge</b>.
<br>
<br>
"We have pretty long preproduction phases on our stuff," continues Howard "doing concepts, design, building prototypes, and such. We should be ready soon to show it off, but we’ll see."
<br>
<br>
For more details and the full interview with Bethesda, <b>check out issue 18 of the Official Xbox 360 Magazine</b>, on sale from the 15th of February. </blockquote>Who would have thought?
<br>
<br>
<br>
Spotted at: <A HREF="http://www.nma-fallout.com">NMA</A>

Killzig

Cipher
Patron
I'm in complete and utter *loading...* shock about this. *loading*

really.

that engine is shit.

FrancoTAU

Cipher
I'm sure Fallout 3 would sell well on the Xbox, but that's more due to Oblivion fanboys thinking it will be Oblivion with guns. Console gamers could give a shit about the Fallout franchise if FO:BOS is any indication though. It still baffles me why Bethseda would fork over all the licensing money instead of an IP version of Oblivion with guns.

I already gave up on Fallout 3 a long time ago. I'm sure to find more entertaiment value in the Fallout 3 Mocking threads like the ones Chefe would start up. OTOH, i'm dreading the 300 post repetitive threads where Fallout 1 fanboys argue with TES forum members.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Gears of War, another great Fallout game, sold well on XBOX, so I'm sure that Fallout 3 will be a top seller too.

Cthulhugoat

Arbiter
PipBoyBOS.jpg
all over again.

EDIT: I can but curl in horror with the idea of nicknames like "PaLaDiN_BOS666" showing up, after Bethesda make yet another Brotherhood of Steel game.

doctor_kaz

Scholar
I haven't given up hope for the game yet. I want to see what it looks like first. You can't say definitively yet that this game will be Oblivion with guns. They may make it differently. I admit that I'm not terribly optomistic though. At least Bethesda is self-funded.

Also, it's pretty much a forgone conclusion that not only will Fallout 3 be coming out for the XBox 360, but it will be targeted at the consoles and not the PC. The PC will probably be an afterthought with a shitty interface again.

Jim Kata

Arbiter
doctor_kaz said:
I haven't given up hope for the game yet. I want to see what it looks like first. You can't say definitively yet that this game will be Oblivion with guns. T

Oh, no - it will be far worse than that.

The Idiot

Novice
I always thought that Fallout license was worthless after FOT and FOPOS right until they bought it.

Why wouldn't they make their own post-apoc IP? Why choose to have us angry cunts spread bad word when it's out? The mind boggles.

Hell, probably if they wouldn't slap "Fallout" on the box it could be a nice vault or military base crawler. That said, I can't wait to see how terribly wrong this game will turn out.

Self-Ejected

dojoteef

Self-Ejected
I heard a rumor from a friend that somehow Obsidian was going to be doing some outsourcing for Bethesda on Fallout. Does this hold any merit at all or is it just hopeful thinking on my friend's part?

Micmu

Magister
The Idiot said:
Why wouldn't they make their own post-apoc IP?
Media said:
In an exclusive interview with the UK Official Xbox Magazine, Bethesda have revealed more details about Fallout 3, the legendary post-apocalyptic RPG franchise they took over in 2004.

Cthulhugoat

Arbiter
dojoteef said:
I heard a rumor from a friend that somehow Obsidian was going to be doing some outsourcing for Bethesda on Fallout. Does this hold any merit at all or is it just hopeful thinking on my friend's part?

Tell your friend to lay off the dreaming.

obediah

Erudite
doctor_kaz said:
I haven't given up hope for the game yet. I want to see what it looks like first. You can't say definitively yet that this game will be Oblivion with guns. They may make it differently. I admit that I'm not terribly optomistic though. At least Bethesda is self-funded.

*cough* zenimax *cough*

Give up hope. You'll save everyone a lot of grief if you just give up on it and stop following the game. I urge everyone to do this. I can't take another two years of the anti-bethesda codex. Bitchy-nerds-with-no-games-to-play codex is bad enough, but it's orders of magnitude better than the Obivion days.

Also, it's pretty much a forgone conclusion that not only will Fallout 3 be coming out for the XBox 360, but it will be targeted at the consoles and not the PC. The PC will probably be an afterthought with a shitty interface again.

Wulfgar

Scholar
dojoteef said:

NHF... but "hopeful"? What fucking hope? Since when is Obsidian teh aw3some?

Wulfgar said:
dojoteef said:

NHF... but "hopeful"? What fucking hope? Since when is Obsidian teh aw3some?

Better than Bethesda.

Self-Ejected

dojoteef

Self-Ejected
Wulfgar said:
What fucking hope? Since when is Obsidian teh aw3some?
Considering some of the employees at Obsidian, such as Feargus Urquhart, Chris Avellone, and J.E. Sawyer, I would happy to know they lent a hand in the game.

Rina

Scholar
I saw a deathclaw yesterday. Horrible creatures, I avoid them whenever I can.

:cry:

The Idiot

Novice
dojoteef said:
Feargus Urquhart
I suspect Bethesda knows their minigewn PARKTIKAL FX already.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom