Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Fallout 3 update

obediah

Erudite
Admiral jimbob said:
Wulfgar said:
dojoteef said:
I heard a rumor from a friend that somehow Obsidian was going to be doing some outsourcing for Bethesda on Fallout. Does this hold any merit at all or is it just hopeful thinking on my friend's part?

NHF... but "hopeful"? What fucking hope? Since when is Obsidian teh aw3some?

Better than Bethesda.

I want to agree with you, I wish I could agree with you. But after playing Oblivion and NWN 2, I have to emphatically disagree with you.

Ignoring all the meta-problems with Oblivion, and considering all the in-game problems, it was still a pretty fun game. if you like fantasy stabbers.

NWN2 on the otherhand was a schizophrenic trainwreck. For the half of the game I made it through, the story was mostly drab with only a few high points. The D&D system was raped into the standard diablo clone number incrementor. The pressure of production cost on a short campaign, and the munchkin need to hit lvl 20 resulted in a game where kicking a rabbit would lvl you up from 15->16, which was good because the world is full of 16 HD goblins. And tie that in with one of the most painful tactical combat systems ever, and watch out!

elander_

Arbiter
I'm not against banning Volourn but someone should put some posting quota on this guy. Almost 1/3 of the posts in the codex are Volourn posts.

On topic Fallout 3 will be Oblivion with guns. No suprise in there. Why would someone bother to announce they are still working on the game? Looks like Bethesda is pissing off their pants of the reaction they will get if they show a screenshot or posts some real news. I bet they will only start hyping the game a couple of months before releasing it. Any other game of this magnitude would already have it's own site and forum. Pete is a coward.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"Almost 1/3 of the posts in the codex are Volourn posts."

Hate me if you want; but don't lie. It doesn't help anyone not even you. 1/3 of the posts. LOL

Are you on crack? :?

KreideBein

Scholar
I'm still waiting for Bethesda to explain how the fuck they plan on getting SPECIAL to work with real time FP combat.

Oh, and Volourn's posts make up 2.53% of the posts on the Codex.

Voss

Erudite
obediah said:
Admiral jimbob said:
Wulfgar said:
dojoteef said:
I heard a rumor from a friend that somehow Obsidian was going to be doing some outsourcing for Bethesda on Fallout. Does this hold any merit at all or is it just hopeful thinking on my friend's part?

NHF... but "hopeful"? What fucking hope? Since when is Obsidian teh aw3some?

Better than Bethesda.

I want to agree with you, I wish I could agree with you. But after playing Oblivion and NWN 2, I have to emphatically disagree with you.

Ignoring all the meta-problems with Oblivion, and considering all the in-game problems, it was still a pretty fun game. if you like fantasy stabbers.

NWN2 on the otherhand was a schizophrenic trainwreck. For the half of the game I made it through, the story was mostly drab with only a few high points. The D&D system was raped into the standard diablo clone number incrementor. The pressure of production cost on a short campaign, and the munchkin need to hit lvl 20 resulted in a game where kicking a rabbit would lvl you up from 15->16, which was good because the world is full of 16 HD goblins. And tie that in with one of the most painful tactical combat systems ever, and watch out!

I wouldn't go looking for salvation in Obsidian either. While Bethesda has nothing to offer (which was clear with Morrowind- I had no need to buy Oblivion to know I wouldn't like it), Obsidian has already demonstrated that they will never be worth crap as RPG devs. Mmm. Recylced ideas, poor implementation and an inability to optimize performance, with teh graffix as the main focus. Lovely. Its like a waiter tossing you a festering rat carcass when you're looking for a 5 star restaurant.

Excrément

Arbiter
I want a PR shitstorm. I want a war.
I guess the pre-release shitty debate will be more fun than the game itself.
so please codexers, entertain myself but be original, don't repeat you all the time.

Krafter

Scholar
Excrément said:
I want a PR shitstorm. I want a war.
I guess the pre-release shitty debate will be more fun than the game itself.
This is half the reason I still go to the internet. This is going to be awesome. :P

Seboss

Liturgist
Yeah me too. Bring on the next-gen soviet pictures thread!

Briosafreak

Augur
We reported on that newsbit at NMA a few weeks ago, the February 15 will have much more details. And in March elander will finally see some of what he is asking.

Lord Chambers

Erudite
The Idiot said:
I always thought that Fallout license was worthless after FOT and FOPOS right until they bought it.

Why wouldn't they make their own post-apoc IP? Why choose to have us angry cunts spread bad word when it's out? The mind boggles.
I am tired of these motherfucking acronyms in this motherfucking thread. The only one I recognize is BOS = Brotherhood Of Steel, some PS2 Fallout game that I don't really know anything about.

The Idiot

Novice
Well, FOT would be Fallout Tactics (Brotherhood of Steel) and IP stands for internal project.

Jim Kata

Arbiter
obediah said:
which was good because the world is full of 16 HD goblins. And tie that in with one of the most painful tactical combat systems ever, and watch out!

That is something I forgot to complain about in my review. Fucking 10-15 level goblins and orcs! It's the most idiotic thing imaginable. The orc caves were retarded enough, but the super uber orcs and goblins in the song portal area were just ridiculous.

sheek

Arbiter
KreideBein said:
I'm still waiting for Bethesda to explain how the fuck they plan on getting SPECIAL to work with real time FP combat.

Same way D&D 2nd or 3rd Edition works with RT FPS... BG, IWD, NWN and all the other crap held up by some people as the pinnacle of 'hard-kore!'.

Massacring a rule system is very easy.

Although neither rule system is particularly good...

As for the rest, get over it. Fallout is DEAD, and it died ten years ago. Grow the fuck up, you stupid bitches.

OsirisGod

Liturgist
I wonder if it supports DX10.0 and has pink mutated pixies instead of rats, now that would make me verry happy.

Pseudofool

Scholar
So does this mean it's all but guarenteed to be in First Person? Ugg.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom