Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Fallout 3 update

Killzig

Cipher
Patron
Personally, I can't wait for Fallout Wii

aries202

Erudite
I think you need to realize that the old days of Fallout 1+2
are gone, and they will probably never come back.

I can understand why Bethesda bought the Fallout license.
However, I can't understand why Bethesda insists that
they are making Fallout 3.

Personally, I would (if I were Bethesda) say that *yes, we
making a fallout game our way* and also inform people
that this fallout game is NOT a sequel to the original
Fallout games.

As for SPECIAL being implemented (or used) in the game,
the SPECIAL system is a stat/abilities system which can be implemented in any game, either in a first person perspective game or a third person isometric game.

I can understand why people long for the days of
Fallout 1+2, but I do think that you need to realize
that of course Bethesda is going to take advantage of
the technological processes which has been made
in the last 10 years.

If you look back at the history of Bethesda,
then even Arena and Daggerfall were to be
played from the first person perspective.

I fail to see why Fallout (3) should be any different
when it comes to this.

Personally, I would reserve judgment on Bethesda's Fallout,
as well as I would like to see the quests, dialoques and character interaction in this game, before I judge this game.

Uz0rnaem

Scholar
Even though I think first (or third) person RPGs are quite annoying, the perspective is probably the last thing I'm worried about when it comes to a bethesdified Fallout. Oblivion (and to a smaller extent Morrowind) for example would have sucked just as much if it had been an isometric game. Well, maybe the combat would have been a bit better.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Briosafreak posted this link at NMA:
http://ve3dboards.ign.com/role_playing/ ... 6008386/p1

How the hell do you think they will fuck it up? So it will be on 360 big deal. Just because it uses the same Oblivion engine doesnt mean it wont be turn based. It can still be turn based and look great. This developer is well aware what peoples expecations are.
Good. Leave the scene. I'm sick of people that complain about shit when they haven't even seen or heard anything. Your just a narrow minded a-hole who won't give anything a chance and burns games at the stake before the game is even released. All with NO viable information to back up your claims. People like you make me sick.
The game has only been announced for PC people. And we know that the primary development platform for Bethesda is the PC.
Stop judging the game when you know nothing about it. I loved everything that was unique about Fallout (it wasn't the first, BTW - they borrowed heavily from a C64 game called Wasteland), but NOBODY knows whether this game will be great, good, or shit. Why don't you all just give Bethesda the benefit of the doubt and assume their goal is to create a great Fallout game?

mister lamat

Scholar
Killzig said:
Personally, I can't wait for Fallout Wii

sadly the strap on the wii controller is prone to breaking. think of the smashed tvs and holes in plaster walls when someone tries to wii-bang a hooker on buffout!

denizsi

Arcane
There should be a special Codex section for some games, which includes a compilation of all the pre-release predictions, down to how specific features will turn out, some blind and naive fanboy attack and defences similar to Briosafreak's, dev quotes and finally the final product, with comparisons. All in an easy-to-digest format for future generations.

Texas Red

Whiner
The Codex should create a database for all of the dev quotes. It will be amusing to read them once the real game is out.

Ahzaruuk

Arbiter
DemonKing said:
To be honest it seems to me that the hardcore Fanbois will get the FO3 they deserve for their painful rabidity over the last 10 years or so...anyone with half a brain would have realised the the FO they fell in love with was dead and gone years ago and moved on by now.
I wasn't around at the time, so what do you mean by their Rabidity?

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
The Walkin' Dude said:
The Codex should create a database for all of the dev quotes. It will be amusing to read them once the real game is out.

NMA started one (the Fallout 3 FAQ) with the relevant quotes, but we kind of gave up after "we can't talk about it, but trust us" #100

Texas Red

Whiner
Kharn said:
The Walkin' Dude said:

NMA started one (the Fallout 3 FAQ) with the relevant quotes, but we kind of gave up after "we can't talk about it, but trust us" #100

Well, yeah, but I assume the hyping will start sooner or later.

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
DarkUnderlord said:
DemonKing said:
To be honest it seems to me that the hardcore Fanbois will get the FO3 they deserve for their painful rabidity over the last 10 years or so...anyone with half a brain would have realised the the FO they fell in love with was dead and gone years ago and moved on by now.
Why do you think Saint left?

HUH?
OMG it all falls into place!

Saint is developing F3!

caliban

Scholar
I wasn't around at the time, so what do you mean by their Rabidity?
Ask NMAers or DACers what they think about all Fallout games other than FO1-2.

Since when recognizing a good product from a shitty product constitutes "rabidity"?

sheek

Arbiter
Except Fallout 2 is a pretty shitty product.

And that Fallout: Tactics is a pretty decent product.

Problem is that these retards can't distinguish between an RPG and a strategy game. Other problem is that they loved the Fallout 1 setting (rightly) and like children want the same 'experience' over and over again.

Not much better than ESFers.

Sentenza

Scholar
aries202 said:
I can understand why Bethesda bought the Fallout license.
Sadism?
As for SPECIAL being implemented (or used) in the game,
the SPECIAL system is a stat/abilities system which can be implemented in any game, either in a first person perspective game or a third person isometric game.
*maybe*; but I'm wondering were the fuck will they put "action points" or "sequence" in a RT FPS...
but I do think that you need to realize
that of course Bethesda is going to take advantage of
the technological processes
which has been made
in the last 10 years.
Because Bethsoft has a long tradition in INNOVASHUN and shit and know well how to take advantage in new technologies...
*rolleyes*

Voss

Erudite
aries202 said:
I think you need to realize that the old days of Fallout 1+2
are gone, and they will probably never come back.

Wow, really? Next, you might even tell us that Lincoln is no longer President of the US.

I am so glad that you are around to solve these amazing mysteries for us.

As for fallout fans being rabid... of course some are. Its in the nature of fandom. Every group has the fanatics that rail against the slightest deviation from the formula. And sites like this and those others have a higher percentage of the angry ones.

caliban

Scholar
Except Fallout 2 is a pretty shitty product.

And that Fallout: Tactics is a pretty decent product.

Problem is that these retards can't distinguish between an RPG and a strategy game. Other problem is that they loved the Fallout 1 setting (rightly) and like children want the same 'experience' over and over again.

Not that I'm an NMA poster myself, but most of these guys CAN distinguish an RPG from a (pseudo-)strategy game, and those that can't ain't worth listening to in the first place.

I liked F2 very much the first time I played through it, but I began to find its flaws more and more annoying with time. I still consider it a very good game, though.
Tactics was actually quite fun to play, but its replayability is poor - for me, F:T is a "finish and forget" game, and not a very good strategy game really. Too easy, too simple, too many things I think could've been done better. It's still quite far from being a total failure, IMO.

FOPOS, on the other hand, is a fucking disgrace, and F3 is closely following Oblivion's footsteps, so there's plenty of shit to whine and bitch about.

franc kaos

Liturgist
If I recall correctly Fallout had location based damage, Bethesda can't even manage that in 2006. They've got the immoveable scenery down pat though.

Wonder if they'll have dynamic shadows? probably not since the 360 still won't be able to handle it, which kind'a makes me laugh as it was designed around the graphic subsystem (or something). I'm just praying Beth have learnt it's okay to create different interfaces for PC and 360.

Skills, I'm willing to bet, will be the same as Oblivion, increase thru' use, and probably the same amount, but they'll probably change the persuasion system - unless they're incredibly stupid, I think even the preteens were disgusted with that - I'd love to know who okayed that design decision.

I pray to the gods they get a larger pool of voice actors and optimise the engine some, tho' without Speedtree that'll help a lot (unless it's set 1000 years after the war and magic/nature has made a return). :)

Fallout, for me, is riding around on a horse killing mutants.

Voss

Erudite
franc kaos said:
If I recall correctly Fallout had location based damage, Bethesda can't even manage that in 2006.

Did they try to do that? Did they want to? It doesn't seem particularly relevant unless they tried to do it and failed.

You should show concern for the important things that Bethesda has trouble with. Skills, dialogues, weapon proficiencies, challenge. Quest and level design. You know, the niggling little things.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"Except Fallout 2 is a pretty shitty product."

Fuckin' moron. I cna't believe you were interested in my fictional module with that kind of opinion. :cry:

If you cna't like FO2; you cna't like anything (not) made by me. :D

jiujitsu

Cipher
Project: Eternity
Volourn said:

Fuckin' moron. I cna't believe you were interested in my fictional module with that kind of opinion. :cry:

You mean the rape mod?

sheek

Arbiter
Volourn said:

I was exaggerating a bit, Fallout 2 isn't a bad game, it's above average but it was a step back from Fallout 1.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"You mean the rape mod?"

All my mods have rape. Tentacle rape. Tentacle rape of YOUR mother.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom