Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Company News I hear the Bethesda guild is recruiting

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Tags: Bethesda Softworks; Fallout 3

<a href=http://www.bethsoft.com/>Bethesda</a> has placed <a href=http://www.highendcareers.com/Jobs.aspx?CompanyID=7132>several job ads</a> for a popular Fallout XBOX/PC game.
<br>
<br>
<blockquote><b>Game Programmer</b>
<br>
Bethesda Game Studios
<br>
Rockville, Maryland - United States
<br>
<br>
Platforms: XBOX 360, PC
<br>
Project: The Elder Scrolls or Fallout - RPG
<br>

<br>
Bethesda Softworks is looking for talented programmers to join our team that is pushing the bleeding-edge of RPG development for the PC and future-generation consoles.
<br>
<br>
In this role the Game Programmer will write and develop application specific code based on design requirements. The Game Programmer will work closely with artists, lead engine programmers, designer and producer to implement game features.
<br>
<br>
Requirements:
<br>
1. B.Sc. in Computer Science and/or Mathematics.
<br>
2. Proficient with c++ and object-oriented programming.
<br>
3. Development experience in the games industry a plus.
<br>
4. Development experience on game consoles (Xbox/PS2/Gamecube) a plus.
<br>
5. Experience with DX9 2.0 or above level Shaders and HLSL a plus.
<br>
6. Ability to contribute innovative and original ideas.
<br>
7. Strong communication and organizational skills.
<br>
8. Must work well under pressure and handle multiple tasks.
<br>
9. Passion for making GREAT games.
<br>
10. Knowledge of Role Playing games and The Elder Scrolls or Fallout a plus.</blockquote>Mention that you saw this ad at the Codex when you apply and you will be given a preferential treatment.
<br>
<br>

Walkin' Dude

Liturgist
Want ad said:

I guess they decided to look for something different, since it is obvious their exisiting team knows nothing about great games. That, or they just enjoy killing that passion.

Lonely Vazdru

Pimp my Title
Vault Dweller said:
6. Ability to contribute innovative and original ideas.
7. Strong communication and organizational skills.
8. Must work well under pressure and handle multiple tasks.

Looking for a new James Bond ? :shock:

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Walkin' Dude said:
Want ad said:

I guess they decided to look for something different, since it is obvious their exisiting team knows nothing about great games. That, or they just enjoy killing that passion.

"I haf plaid Oblivian. Is taht a kwalification?"

hicksman

Liturgist
I applied; i live in the area, but i realized too late that i mentioned rpgcodex in the cover letter. Never heard back :oops:

Section8

Cipher
Role-Player said:
Vault Dweller said:
Project: The Elder Scrolls or Fallout - RPG>

Is this a subtle hint that either series won't become very different in the future? :)

No, that's the official name for Fallout 3 - Project: The Elder Scrolls or Fallout - RPG: A Post-Nuclear/Fantasy Role Playing Game.

GhanBuriGhan

Erudite
Don't you guys get bored of all the cheap and very predictable little stabs in every Bethesda thread? They make games you don't like and that are successful. Get over it already.

psycojester

Arbiter
And what would you suggest we do instead? Go out and become well adjusted productive members of society! Absurd!

GhanBuriGhan

Erudite
psycojester said:
And what would you suggest we do instead? Go out and become well adjusted productive members of society! Absurd!

I am always happy to join the bitching about content, PR, or strategies. But job ads? That IS absurd...

Micmu

Magister
Several programmers for a project that is supposedly full in development?
Bethesda sure needs a lot of new "talent" recently.
Their senior developers dropped like flies so bring on more industry newbs, please.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom