Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Community Vampire: Bloodlines True VTMB Patch hits 4.04AT

Diogo Ribeiro

Erudite
Tags: Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines

<b>Tessera</b> has pointed out <a href=http://rpgcodex.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?p=380638#380638>in our forums</a> the release of <b>Acrimonius</b>' patch for <a href=http://www.vampirebloodlines.com/entrance.html>Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines</a>, bringing it up to version 4.04AT. Here are some of the general fixes:<blockquote>GENERAL:
<br>
<br>
* Cleared the theatre after the player's opening movie trial.
<br>
* Restored some missing sounds.
<br>
* Made VV's e-mails appear at the correct times.
<br>
* Made LaCroix's payment for Tommy Flayton's review appear in mailbox when it should.
<br>
* Added zoom sway effect to SWAT sniper rifle, and increased based damage.
<br>
* Restored Cabbie's alternative greetings.
<br>
* Changed conditions and text for Mercurio's "Repaid Favors" email.
<br>
* Fixed some subtitles in Heather's dialogue.
<br>
* Fixed the huntersDead[] array in all main city hubs - hunters should now spawn correctly when a player violates the Masquerade too many times.
<br>
* Removed duplicate $ignorez lines from money envelope inventory images.
<br>
* Moved Beckett's downtown spawn point to (hopefully) fix the infamous Beckett wait bug.
<br>
* Fixed some subtitles in Jack's tutorial dialogue.</blockquote>
<br>
<br>
You can read the full release notes (which also include some exposition regarding past controversies) in <a href=http://www.tessmage.com/forum/index.php/topic,566.0.html>this thread</a> at the official forums and download the patch <a href=http://www.tessmage.com/downloads/true_vtmb_%20patch_%20v404AT.zip>here</a>.
<br>

Wesp5

Arcane
thesheeep said:
I hope I'll live long enough to see the day when the last fanmade patch for that game comes out....

Me too ;)! But Bloodlines is so complex that some observant fan always brings new problems to my attention. As for the "true" patch, this time it's indeed not based on my patches. But as I already mentioned in the other thread, what's so "true" about the following changes:

* Restored [] Malkavian lines where appropriate (invented by Tessera himself AFAIK)
* Gave roof guards sniper and assault rifles instead of shotguns and uzis (but if I swap weapons it's "false")
* Made flamethrower a tad easier to find (yeah, it's floating right besides the Ra blade)
* Added zoom sway effect to SWAT sniper rifle, and increased based damage (changing weapon stats already, now that's "true")

One Wolf

Scholar
Hey, that's a good point. Those are more or less exactly the kinds of things you were criticized for, Wesp. Ironic!

Fez

Erudite
I guess someone took some "inspiration" from looking at other patches. :lol:

Wesp5

Arcane
One Wolf said:
Hey, that's a good point. Those are more or less exactly the kinds of things you were criticized for, Wesp. Ironic!

Yeah, that's what is bothering me, especially as they still call their patch "true" instead of something like "basic" as I do with my almost-bug-fixes-only-version. In the end there just is no "true", either the broken state it was released in or personal opinion on what to fix and how to fix it. Anyway, I'm glad their readme is at least moderately towards my patches now ;)...

mister lamat

Scholar
plane_tickets.jpg

mathboy

Liturgist
I'm sorry if I came across as crazy when I criticised your patch, Wesp5, you're the intelligent one in this problem.

But I'm glad Tessera made its patch and brought you and the battle here, so your basic patch got made.

Amasius

Augur
Wesp5 said:
... Anyway, I'm glad their readme is at least moderately towards my patches now ;)...
Heh, thats only the readme:

[url=http://www.rpgcodex.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=19120&start=25:2iqwuqyj]Tessera[/url] said:
We have succeeded in our task, and have produced the finest patch available for VTMB that currently exists anywhere. It is a patch designed for people who wish to actually play VTM: Bloodlines... not some dumbed-down, bastardized and ez-mode hatchet job, filled with numerous inconsistencies and inappropriate content modifications. We have created an actual patch -- not a mod. If you prefer mods, then by all means -- use them, but do so with the knowledge that you do not know how to properly play Bloodlines at all, thus your opinions about the game are invalid.

Why..? Because you have not been playing Bloodlines, that's why. For over two years, you've been playing a destroyed version of Troika's masterpiece, which has been thoroughly infested with arbitrary and frivolous gameplay and content modifications. I hope you enjoy it. I personally do not... and neither do thousands and thousands of other players. That's why we worked our butts off to produce version 4.04AT. It's really a great piece of work, and one which remains faithful to Troika's intentions. In fact, it is currently the only patch of its type in the world, in that regard.
Tessera - still the old dyed-in-the-wool dramaqueen. :wink:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom