Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Editorial 2004: The Year in Review

triCritical

Erudite
Volourn said:
By having his dick given blwo jobs by most saying he is 'heads and shoulders" above every other Game Writer. That is full of bullshit. And, his IWD2 writing was weak. OMG! Goblins attacked a town. That is such awesome writing! R00fles

That is because he is. Video game writers for the most part suck! And as for your example its analogous to saying, "look I'm aribeth and my boobs bounce." Both things happened in their respective games, but the context is bull. The funny thing is that I don't really think MCA is that great of a writer either, the industry is just typically that bad...

Just admit you do. Afterall, you'd be hard pressed to find any scenario where I argued the reverse of something I actually believed. I don't make points that in actuality I disagree with. In essencce, you are lying. I do like debate; but I don't argue for the sake of arguing by making thinsg up. Idiot.

You got have balls the size of jupiter! you participate in like 5 forums, and in all of them you are in the top ten posters. I have been here longer then you and have only a small fraction of your post. Not to mention most of your post are just small fragments of poorly written english to show dissent.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"They are, but apparently you've never made it past the tutorial map, idjit."

You'd be wrong as per uual, Dumo Deluxe. We all know the only real reason why SW games are so popualr is because theya re turn base and we all know tb combat = real role-playinga round here. Just ask Tri. LOL

"The facts, huh? Did something bite your stupid ass recently? That was probably the facts. Anyway, the correct answers to the credit card phobia: a) there are many "no annual fees" cards, every major bank has them. Some of them, like CIBC Divident Card even pays YOU a percentage of your spendings. b) if you can keep your shopping under control (I can see how that could be a problem if you are a girl :p) you don't have to pay any interests whatso-fucking-ever. and c) even if you are wrongfully charged for something, the credit card company will refund your money plus the interest charged if any."

Only fools praise credit cards.

"Even if it was, your 4,000+ R00fles!"

there is no need to lie. It's 2000 R00fles!

"Without US there would be no Fallout too."

Proof please.

"Can you distinguish between created, produced, and owned? If Bio hires a few more teams, would you care to see games that you like, whatever they are, made by those who created them, not by faceless Bio, but by actual people who have set the tone and the direction of the game? "

I have a funny feeling that BIO Company Policy has a LOT to do with what games ar emade and how theya re made. Same with Interplay. Just look at how quickly Interplay went downhill quality wise after Fargo left.

"If you feel that Brian Fargo deserves a credit just because he greenlighted the project,"

All i need to know Fargo's importance to FO is to load the game up. Afterall, it reads: "Brian Fargo Presents". Heck, i surely don't see "The Doctors of Gameatronics Presents" for BIO games. Brian Fargo is cool. Without him there is no Fallout. Period.

Bottom line is that Interplay created Fallout. Period. Cotninue whining about it all you want; it won't change the facts.

triCritical

Erudite
Volourn said:
"Thirdly, Volourn is a moron. If you reply to a post of his more than once a day in any thread on any forum, you're also a moron. A good rule of thumb is reply to him only once a week, and the word, "fag" should be used in that reply once per month."

Get get all mad at me and start crying just because Interplay created Fallout and you are acted like a jilted ex lover who got betrayed.

FAG! And now I am not going to reply to you for a month! LOL...

EDIT: I FAILED...

Astromarine

Erudite
Vollie, hypothetical situation: Tomorrow, all the BIO development team is fired. The day after, The Good Doctors hire the entire Bethesda team. Would you care to play any BIO game after that? After all, all new games and sequels will be created by Bio, just like all the games you played already and liked. Right?

triCritical

Erudite
Volourn said:
All i need to know Fargo's importance to FO is to load the game up. Afterall, it reads: "Brian Fargo Presents". Heck, i surely don't see "The Doctors of Gameatronics Presents" for BIO games. Brian Fargo is cool. Without him there is no Fallout. Period.

Thats because they do all their gravy training in all the web rags saying how k3wl their new games are going to be, since NWN will have all sorts of doors, and KotOR's really crappy dialogue will be sync'd with kung fu movie lip service. To bad they gravy train the combat, you know the thing you spend the most time doing in all their games, that just happens to suck!

Volourn

Pretty Princess
"That is because he is. Video game writers for the most part suck! And as for your example its analogous to saying, "look I'm aribeth and my boobs bounce." Both things happened in their respective games, but the context is bull. The funny thing is that I don't really think MCA is that great of a writer either, the industry is just typically that bad..."

Then again, I never said he sucked. He is one of the better game writers; but he is not on some pedestal for me like he is for others hence he is overrated. Sure, I loved his work for FO2; but I hated it for IWD2. I'm sure his work in KOTOR2 is good as well; however from the reviews; it's obvious it isn't perfect and nowher enear godhood. Heck, even my favorite writer isn't perfect. Keep spinning your hairballs though.

"you participate in like 5 forums, and in all of them you are in the top ten posters."

Name these 5 forums then where I'm "top 10". There's the 'Codex, and Obsidian. Maybe BIO; but I post there so rarely now I'm not even sure about that. Not Mistress Lair another place I post. Nope, not 5 forums. 2 for sure, maybe 3 with BIO.You lose as per usual. You really should stop spreaidng rumours, myths, and innuendo and espiically stop lying. You'd think you'd be emabrassed.

"And now I am not going to reply to you for a month!"

I'd survive.

"Vollie, hypothetical situation: Tomorrow, all the BIO development team is fired. The day after, The Good Doctors hire the entire Bethesda team. Would you care to play any BIO game after that? After all, all new games and sequels will be created by Bio, just like all the games you played already and liked. Right?"

A. BIO didn't get to where it is by being stupid. It's a very rare company indeed that do a mass firing than mass hiring and survive on such a grand scale.

B. If this were to happen; it would depend on how it's handled. Do the Doctors stick to their game devlopment philosophy or do they allow the Bethesda team to run rampant. For some reason, I think the Doctors would still have final say so I'd be willing to give at least one game a new shot as the BIO philosphy would probably be still there. I'd be more worried about BIo being bought out by another company and run in a totally different way since that would severely handciap BIO's employees.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Volourn said:
"They are, but apparently you've never made it past the tutorial map, idjit."

You'd be wrong as per uual, Dumo Deluxe. We all know the only real reason why SW games are so popualr is because theya re turn base and we all know tb combat = real role-playinga round here. Just ask Tri. LOL
While TB combat is highly appreciated here, it's not the reason (otherwise we'd be praising PoR2). Geneforge comes with rather interesting setting and gameplay mechanics, factions, choices, consequences, and all that stuff. Pity you didn't notice any of that, ignoramus.

Only fools praise credit cards.
Praise? They are merely everyday tools, just like cars, electricity, and internet. Seems kinda silly not to use one just 'cause you are afraid that a bogeyman will steal all your vast fortune or tell teh gavernmant about your shopping habits. R00fles!

"Without US there would be no Fallout too."

Proof please.
The Japanese don't make games that don't have some spiky-hair teenagers. Everyone knows that. lol

I have a funny feeling that BIO Company Policy has a LOT to do with what games ar emade and how theya re made.
You make it sound like it's some kind of totalitarian state that forces people to think alike. While I'm sure that they have guidelines ( RT, romances, annoying party chatter, linear, find 4 itamz, some school being attacked, etc), it's the people who actually shape generic games into something memorable and unique.

Same with Interplay. Just look at how quickly Interplay went downhill quality wise after Fargo left.
Ok, so you are stupid enough to prove yourself wrong without even noticing it. So, one person left and the entire company changed? How could that be?!!!!!!

"If you feel that Brian Fargo deserves a credit just because he greenlighted the project,"

All i need to know Fargo's importance to FO is to load the game up. Afterall, it reads: "Brian Fargo Presents". Heck, i surely don't see "The Doctors of Gameatronics Presents" for BIO games.
You have to squint to see that. It says "The spin doctors present..."

Volourn

Pretty Princess
"Geneforge comes with rather interesting setting and gameplay mechanics, factions, choices, consequences, and all that stuff."

Guess the demos forget to focus on those aspects, Peabrain.

"steal all your vast fortune"

I don't believe in bogymen; but it doens't take a conspiracy theorists to realzie that credit cards can be misused by various sources. However, you missed the point. Credit cards are simply not worth the hassle. Why waste time with them when cash should suffice or worse comes to worse a cheque. Cold ahrd cash is what i deal in. Period.

"Ok, so you are stupid enough to prove yourself wrong without even noticing it. So, one person left and the entire company changed? How could that be?!!!!!!"

He was the boss. His wants, desires, and needs for games came first. When the fooll who replaced him came in; the same is true. And,w e all see where that led Interplay to. R00fles!

"You have to squint to see that. It says "The spin doctors present..."

:lol:

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Volourn said:
"Geneforge comes with rather interesting setting and gameplay mechanics, factions, choices, consequences, and all that stuff."

Guess the demos forget to focus on those aspects, Peabrain.
Afraid not. It's all there, Doofie. Pay attention next time, will ya?

but it doens't take a conspiracy theorists to realzie that credit cards can be misused by various sources.
Just like cheques can. Anyway, all you have to do is to call the bank to have a wrong transaction reversed.

However, you missed the point. Credit cards are simply not worth the hassle. Why waste time with them when cash should suffice or worse comes to worse a cheque. Cold ahrd cash is what i deal in. Period.
What a load of crap! Cash is a pain in the ass, you have to worry about having enough, about all that stupid change and truckloads of dimes, etc. Cheques are not accepted everywhere, and are not nearly as easy to use as credit cards. So, unless your primary vendors are drug dealers and hookers, using cards is much more convinient.

"Ok, so you are stupid enough to prove yourself wrong without even noticing it. So, one person left and the entire company changed? How could that be?!!!!!!"

He was the boss. His wants, desires, and needs for games came first. When the fooll who replaced him came in; the same is true. And,w e all see where that led Interplay to. R00fles!
Ok, we are finally getting somewhere. You are slow but at least you are moving. So, the boss is important and he affects everything directly. Well, Tim Cain was the producer, the boss. What was that you said? " His wants, desires, and needs came first" So, while Brian was responsible for the company overall, Tim was responsible for Fallout only at that time. Thus he's the creator. Case closed. You are proven stupid once again, the masses rejoice, some people weep as this culmination of the 5-page thread is as unexpected and emotional as the infamous KOTOR plot twist. :lol:

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Tim Cain wasn't the boss. Brian Fargo was. Why are you lying?

If you are gonna insist on flat out lying the disucssion is worthless. Repent from such a fragant or the discussion with me is over (and they all rejoice :D ).

Avé

Liturgist
No mention of JA3 falling into a similar situation as FO3(being developed alongside another game, using that games engine), and even worse - by a no-name russian developer?

DemonKing

Arcane
Hey I just released that Bio "The Developer of the Year" did release 2 products (albeit only available via DD) in 2004 (3 if you count Witches' Wake redux).

No wonder they are the "Developer of the Year" seeing as they're pioneering DD! Even other major names like Valve are following their lead now... :lol:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom