Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mod News ToEE Modifications

Sol Invictus

Erudite
Tags: Temple of Elemental Evil

That's right. We've got a whole bunch of people who figured out how to hack into Temple of Elemental Evil's .dat files and change the data. Apparently, it's relatively easy to edit the files containing item descriptions, dialogue, quests, sounds, portraits and the like. If you're interested in modding ToEE and would like to participate, check out the following <a href="http://www.ataricommunity.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=318754&perpage=30&pagenumber=1" target="blank">official forum thread</a>.
<br>
<br>
Because I sure as hell am.
<br>
<br>
The following modifications are currently out for ToEE:
<br>
Fogless Town Areas in Temple of Elemental Evil v1.0 - <a href="http://greyhawk.lexx.eu.org/mods/ToEE_Fogless.zip">Download</a>
<br>
Importing Custom Player Portraits into Temple of Elemental Evil v1.0 - <a href="http://greyhawk.lexx.eu.org/mods/ToEE_CustomPortraits.zip">Download</a>

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
I wanna see at least one nasty sheep comment! :)

Yeah! Well, I just hope that some of the ripped "nasty" stuff wil now make it's way back in. On the atari boards there is being mentioned that plenty of dialogue and even a brothel map are still in the game, just being locked away.
Eat that Hasbro and Atari, fuck that T rating!

Trash

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
Hoepfuly someone will take the time to actually REAL item identification.

Megatron

Liturgist
YES! Finally! We can have our byzaknight mod! Can't weight for me and dolo to start the baldurs gate mod, with a patch from volourn this game has opened up an avenue! YES!

Severian Silk

So... if the monsters are rendered underneath the fog of war, wouldn't making them invisible when they're out of sight speed up the framerate even more?

-Mikail

Severian Silk

I wonder how moddable ToEE is? RPG modding isn't exactly a craze, so it seems kind of odd. I wonder if the code is moddable. Then, maybe the item slots could be changed, maybe some base-management could be inserted, and maybe the rules could be changed to make them less D&D-like (not that I have anything against D&D).

-Mikail

Sol Invictus

Erudite
Mikail said:
So... if the monsters are rendered underneath the fog of war, wouldn't making them invisible when they're out of sight speed up the framerate even more?

-Mikail

We're still trying to figure out if it's possible to make them invisible when they are out of sight because at the moment, they aren't invisible. They just don't move. Yes, the framerate is much higher even so.

Ares Draxis

Novice
Exitium, keep up the work on ToEE. Sounds like you got a good start on something here. Atari can eat shit and die as far I am concerned.

Spazmo

Erudite
Indeed, I think with the ToEE release fiasco, Atari has made the Official RPGCodex Hate List.

Come to think of it, an Official RPGCodex Hate List would be pretty damn cool.

Severian Silk

Exitium said:
We're still trying to figure out if it's possible to make them invisible when they are out of sight because at the moment, they aren't invisible. They just don't move. Yes, the framerate is much higher even so.

To correct myself, having the monsters be invisble when they're not in the line of sight might be excessive. It would suffice if they were invisible outside of a certain range.

-Mikail

Seven

Erudite
axel said:
add more gay pirates please.

Stuff like this is what I don't understand. BG had brothels and hookers and vampires in underware. IWD had the same. Both of these game lacked juctification and yet they were allowed to keep their content why did TOEE get screwed?

Major_Blackhart

Codexia Lord Sodom
Patron
Can't remember which, but I think it's atari that has a bug up it's ass about shit like that. Also, I think they wanted to make it a teen rating cause of higher sales, or make it more accessible to people of younger ages.

chrisbeddoes

Erudite
Spazmo said:
Indeed, I think with the ToEE release fiasco, Atari has made the Official RPGCodex Hate List.

They have ?

Well there is a small chance that this game will sell very good and that Atari will fund Troika for a new patch and that Atari will get out of the RPGCODEX hate list and back to the rpgcodex LUV list.

And I also wonder.

What if it the end there is no publisher for Troika games that is NOT in the rpgcodex hate list then what we will do next ?

Ibbz

Augur
Stuff like this is what I don't understand. BG had brothels and hookers and vampires in underware. IWD had the same. Both of these game lacked juctification and yet they were allowed to keep their content why did TOEE get screwed?
BG2 was released before Hasbro bought WOTC I believe. {I think BG2 got a teen rating anyway, not sure} Hasbro has been trying to remove the "offensive" elements from D&D to attract larger sales.

Deathy

Liturgist
I wonder if they know that it's impossible to appease those anti-D&D fanatics. Bloody Christian Fundamentalists.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
One should know that all the companies working or who have worked on D&D games recently have all had their problems. BIO, Troika, BIS, you name it. BIo has even gone so far as to write a warning under any description about HOTU that it's BIo's work and has not been approved by the D&D gods yet so everything is subject to change..

Briosafreak

Augur
Actually i even heard that Bio won`t do any D&D game , except for NWN expansions in the future. Probably just a rumour though, anyone knows something about that?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom