Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Development Info Silverfall expands

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: Silverfall: Earth Awakening

It looks like <a href="http://www.silverfall-game.com/">Silverfall</a> is getting an <a href="http://www.n3vrf41l.com/silverfall_earth_awakening.php?PID=0">expansion</a>! Hooray for all those who enjoyed it. I tried the demo and considered picking it up to kill time after it came out, but never quite found enough time to kill to actually buy it. Anyway, the story:
<br>
<blockquote>From time immemorial there has existed a guardian who maintained the equilibrium between the different elements. Centuries ago, when attempts were made to steal his power from him, the elemental sorcerers unleashed his anger, which resulted in a catastrophic imbalance between the elements, turning everything into rock and the earth became predominant. However, by turning his own spells against him, they managed to confine him in a block of stone, thus preventing the elemental imbalance from rendering Nelwë uninhabitable. None of the sorcerers dabbled in the earth element thereafter, for fear of waking the guardian. Centuries have now passed, and the rock has gradually eroded and changed back into the water it was originally, long ago. The guardian’s magic is making its presence felt again; rocks rain down on the cities; the water is becoming full of mud. The earth, the element forbidden to the elemental sorcerers, is awakening.</blockquote>
<br>
So they trapped the super powerful essence of Earth in rock? That makes sense.
<br>
<br>
Spotted at: <A HREF="http://www.bluesnews.com">Blue's News</A>

Suicidal

Arcane
I played the demo. Seemed like a fairly mediocre, nothing special Diablo clone.

Binary

Liturgist
Silverfall was indeed a buggy and strange Diablo 2 clone with a weird interface. I tried to like it but I failed miserably.

Oarfish

Prophet
Over the shoulder view is terrible for a click to go action RPG. Turns what should be simple actions into a wresling match with the camera. It's not like the viewdistance justified the 1st person anyway.

afewhours

Scholar
I got on well enough with the controls. It's an inoffensive enough time-killer, and it has a certain charm to it. I felt the sprites were kinda pretty as well.

It's nothing massively special, but as a clickfestian pinata simulator, I liked it more than HG:L. There were enough little touches to make it more than a soulless clone.

afewhours

Scholar
Slenkar said:
there are also the typical elven boobs on the index page

Yes, that is why I bought the game. I hadn't read any reviews or anything; I just spotted the large breasted elven lady and that was good enough for me.

cardtrick

Arbiter
Too bad it sounds like the game sucks . . . the screenshots at the link in the newspots are ridiculously awesome. If I see this cheap somewhere, I might buy it for the graphics/art alone.

Hazelnut

Erudite
cardtrick said:
Too bad it sounds like the game sucks . . . the screenshots at the link in the newspots are ridiculously awesome. If I see this cheap somewhere, I might buy it for the boobs alone.

Fixed?

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Nah, don't think so, if he wanted that he would have bought Sexy Beach 3, I guess...
On the other hand, you can't have enough boobs on your hard drive.

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
I tried the demo and didn't think it was that bad in terms of general action CRPGiness. My main annoyance with the game was the camera controls(it's not over the shoulder) in conjunction with the minimap. The camera just didn't feel right. I typically had to align the camera with the direction I wanted to go and then just move in a straight line to get anywhere. Otherwise I'd get disoriented in the world.

cardtrick

Arbiter
Hazelnut said:
cardtrick said:
Too bad it sounds like the game sucks . . . the screenshots at the link in the newspots are ridiculously awesome. If I see this cheap somewhere, I might buy it for the boobs alone.

Fixed?

Nah. Did you look at the screenshots, not the concept art? Very little in the way of boobs, very much in the way of graphic novel-esque steam punk goodness.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom