Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Preview Blade and Sword previewed at GameSpot

Spazmo

Erudite
Tags: Blade and Sword; Whiptail Interactive

<a href="http://www.gamespot.com/pc">Gamespot PC</a> have <a href=http://www.gamespot.com/pc/rpg/bladeandsword/preview_6076981.html>previewed</a> the ancient China-themed action RPG <b>Blade and Sword</b>.
<br>
<br>
<blockquote>At its core, the gameplay seems similar to most action RPGs. You click the left mouse button to attack, and you'll need to manage potions that replenish your health and your chi, which is used to power your special attacks and abilities. The right mouse button can be used to toss special throwing weapons such as knives or rocks, and it can also be mapped to your special abilities. Since the focus of Blade and Sword is meant to be kung fu, the attacks you do will naturally string together into combos. Mix in some kicks with your regular attacks, and you can lengthen your combos and get in more hits before your enemies are knocked to the ground. As you attack into crowds, each attack will automatically strike every enemy in an arc in front of you, allowing you to take on crowds with ease.</blockquote>
<br>
<br>
Well, heck, if the Chinese can get into space, maybe they can make a decent action RPG.

Sol Invictus

Erudite
Oh you have no idea, Spazmo.

Chinese make action rpgs as good as Diablo II but none of them have been translated into English. They've even got a really kickass mass multiplayer co-op one that looks sort of like Dungeon Siege's engine, except it's got Diablo II's combat and skill system. I can't really play it though, as it's all in Mandarin.

Someone should seriously translate those games.

Barghest

Augur
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
I've noticed that more, and more, overseas developers are making REALLY good games. I'm pleased that we have such diversity in game development. We have cutting edge games such as Silent Storm, and Stalker coming to the west soon...!

BTW: PooperScooper wash your mouth out with soap...

Sol Invictus

Erudite
GameSpot fucked up the information on Pixel Multimedia. They have it confused with the guys who make the Janes games.

Sol Invictus

Erudite
It was, however, a much better RPG than it was an action RPG. The combat was decent but nothing special. The story, character development and the choices however were. Damn fine RPG, I might add. Certainly made my list of 'damn good games'.

Jed

Cipher
Seven9 said:
Gentlemen lets not do this, otherwise it might turn into another tubgirl/goatse thread, and nobody wants that right? :wink:
What are these "gentlemen" you speak of?

Seven

Erudite
XJEDX said:
Seven9 said:
Gentlemen lets not do this, otherwise it might turn into another tubgirl/goatse thread, and nobody wants that right? :wink:
What are these "gentlemen" you speak of?

Children please. don't make me have to spank you! :P

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom