Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Development Info ToEE patch in QA

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: Atari; Temple of Elemental Evil

For those looking forward to the patch for <A href="http://www.greyhawkgame.com">Temple of Elemental Evil</a>, it's currently spending time in <a href="http://www.atari.com">Atari</a> QA. It not only addresses some bugs, but also some feature complaints by players.

Psilon

Erudite
By "feature complaints" I wouldn't be surprised if they mean one of the following:
  • The perennial identification complaint.
  • The inability to flee from combat or end a stalemate.

Eldar

Novice
Great news. I've been running the Co8 patch and it's worked quite well. Still, I'm looking forward to the official patch also. *tips his hat at Exitium* Great job on that Co8 patch, though.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Must. Buy. ToEE.

Must. Also. Learn. Saint's. Secrets. To. Getting. Good. News. First.

Must. Also. Stop. Using. Full. Stop. After. Every. Word.

Otaku_Hanzo

Erudite
Eldar said:
Great news. I've been running the Co8 patch and it's worked quite well. Still, I'm looking forward to the official patch also. *tips his hat at Exitium* Great job on that Co8 patch, though.

That goes ditto for me. The Co8 patch has definitely enhanced the game alot. I'll look forward to the new one after the official patch, because I seriously doubt the official one will cover some of the things the Co8 patch did. Be nice if it did though. I would love to see the brothel in all it's true glory brought back into the game. ;)

Jinxed

Liturgist
I can't believe you guys actually made this a news item. I found out about it yesterday. But since I lub Troika and wouldn't do anything to cause trouble for them, I pushed the matter further and asked if I could use that info as a news item. But Troika told me it was off the record. And asked NOT to make it public. Of course, you may have gotten this info from Atari, but I doubt that. In any way, professional journalism way to go. :thumbup:

Sol Invictus

Erudite
Jinxed would make an excellent cow.

Way to contradict yourself, Jinxed. You basically just said "Troika is leaking me secrets like the patch status, but I'm not saying anything about the patch status because I don't want to get any of them in trouble!"

Professional indeed.

*kudos to Saint

Jinxed

Liturgist
Apart from the discussion we had on IRC saint, I will point out again - THEY SAID NOT TO USE IT. I don't think anyone asked if they could use it on irc. They have been regulars there on many occasions, sometimes they pointed out what was official sometimes not. They forgot this time, oh well. But if you would use common sense, you would figure out that they CANNOT officially comment on what Atari's been doing. It's how it's always been. SP, you acted without too much reason, acting on too much euphoria or adrenaline. That doesn't make you an idiot, but very close to an animal.

Exitium, I'm not even gonna start any discussions with you, you are far beyond, out there, somewhere, picking up flowers in the sunshine.

EEVIAC

Erudite
Exitium has a point. You do realize, Jinxed, that you've basically implicated Troika in a way that Saint's original post didn't. Its on this site as news but can be treated as conjecture, rumour, mad ravings from Mister Kicky gone awry, whatever. I just went over to the Atari forum and its been there's a post linking this as "confirmed."

If this post needs to be deleted, be my guest.

Jinxed

Liturgist
Actually there are but two places were such news could come from. Either Atari or Troika. There is no underworld. And hell, anyone who's part of a fansite that has to do with Troika could get this news, including Exitium.

Atari doesn't even reply to emails from fan sites. While I'm kinda mad that I didn't post news when I had the chance, if I would go back in time, I would have done the same thing. But I guess my evil "how to run a fan site" code book is quite different from the people around here.
Troika has always been outstanding in contacts with fans. I wouldn't want to do anything to change that.

Eldar

Novice
Anyhow, all the other crap aside, I found out here first and it was definitely news to me. Again, thanks for the heads up.

Sol Invictus

Erudite
Jinxed said:
Apart from the discussion we had on IRC saint, I will point out again - THEY SAID NOT TO USE IT. I don't think anyone asked if they could use it on irc. They have been regulars there on many occasions, sometimes they pointed out what was official sometimes not. They forgot this time, oh well. But if you would use common sense, you would figure out that they CANNOT officially comment on what Atari's been doing.

While they may not be able to release any press statements detailing the status of the QA process petaining to the patch, this does not prohibit us or anybody else from making a similar report, especially if it is verifiably accurate should one merely refer to the source. You, on the other hand, are quite unprofessional, not to mention foolish, for disclosing the source. If he is indeed your source and if he gets into trouble, we'll know whose fault it is for any predicament.

If anything, this will make him more tight lipped than ever. Thank you very fucking much.

It's how it's always been. SP, you acted without too much reason, acting on too much euphoria or adrenaline. That doesn't make you an idiot, but very close to an animal.

You seem to be perfectly oblivious to adrenaline's affect on the body which would explain your poor use of the word. I'll enlighten you to what adrenaline does:
noun [mass noun] a hormone secreted by the adrenal glands, especially in conditions of stress, increasing rates of blood circulation, breathing, and carbohydrate metabolism and preparing muscles for exertion: performing live really gets your adrenalin going. Also called epinephrine.

Exitium, I'm not even gonna start any discussions with you, you are far beyond, out there, somewhere, picking up flowers in the sunshine.

At least I go out every once in awhile. You sound like you could use a little sunshine.

Jinxed

Liturgist
You seem to forget the fact that not everyone except you is stupid. If anyone from Atari or Troika has seen this news post, they wouldn't have the slightest trouble in determining where it came from. And I wasn't the first one to let out the news, the trouble has started WITH THIS PAGE. If I would be from Atari, or Troika, opened up the codex and to see this, I would go: Uh-oh. People weren't supposed to know this yet...

But I see you have made up your mind. I suggest you use your bag of tricks Exit and actually make someone like you for a change.

At least I go out every once in awhile. You sound like you could use a little sunshine.

Never get tired of cheap shots do you? Well, I've spent the entire summer holidays on the beach, thank you very much.

Ultron

Liturgist
Congratulations! This may be the gayest thread of the week...

While you two bicker, I shall bask in the upcoming goodness of the MOST ANTICIPATED PATCH OF THE YEAR TM

Sol Invictus

Erudite
Jinxed said:
You seem to forget the fact that not everyone except you is stupid. If anyone from Atari or Troika has seen this news post, they wouldn't have the slightest trouble in determining where it came from. And I wasn't the first one to let out the news, the trouble has started WITH THIS PAGE. If I would be from Atari, or Troika, opened up the codex and to see this, I would go: Uh-oh. People weren't supposed to know this yet...
Are you sure? I know quite a few people in QA for various companies, and needless to say, some of them aren't as professional as the developers themselves. How do you think beta leaks get out into the newsgroups?

But I see you have made up your mind. I suggest you use your bag of tricks Exit and actually make someone like you for a change.

And the egotist of the day award goes to....

chrisbeddoes

Erudite
This is just my opinion.

If rpgcodex has done anything wrong this is between rpgcodex and troika.

It is sad seeing the community divided over such issues.

the only person that could be happy about this community fighting would be chuck cuevas.

My 2 cents.

Jinxed

Liturgist
LOL, exitium deleted my post. HAHA. Exit, you should add "Good Fun!" at the end of your posts!

And as I said on the post you deleted, end of story.

Oh, and one last thing, exit... It's not like what I wrote is a secret... But I should know better than to post at the codex. K THX BYE.

chrisbeddoes

Erudite
Just my opinion.

Exitium said:
The community's not divided over anything. Jinxed is the only one getting riled about it.

Jinxed is terra arcanum administator.

Exitium is rpgcodex administrator

Saint is administrator in Duck and Cover and Rpgcodex.

Please do me a favor and stop arguing over such things.

Troika is not anybody girlfriend.

It is a games company.

So is Atari.

They do not need 2 of the top websites that support the good games fighting each other.

Finally i believe that Jinxed acted with genuine interest for the situation.

I do not believe that he started this in order to gain anything.

My 2 cents.

Dan

Liturgist
You know, this thing might have been throwen at the fans because Troika thought that this will intrest them, knowing it was sure to pass around the internet.

If a said fan, who runs a fansite, actually takes it one step further and inquire Troika about it, it is possible they will deny wanting it to go off, so it wouldn't turn into an offical word, but rather just a shadow of a rumor.

Further more, note that in the original news item here, the source is not mentioned, maybe for the exact same reason.

Using pm's would have been a much smarter choice here.

A troika dev who comes to IRC KNOWS that every word he says might get mentioned afterwards. It's a fact of life. Therefore they do not make mistakes and accidently release info they don't want released. Even if they claim different afterwards.

And, above all, you should consider the fact they do not care too much about it. Certinly not to the levels this was brought up here. Said Troika dev might come and drop off a little info about something. Then some people know it. Some people might keep it to themself or do the probable, expected thing, and publish it around. Then someone asks him about it, he says no, yet does not care other sites are talking about that. That kind of shows they do not really care if it goes out or not, but rather just do what they feel like doing at the moment.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Purely out of curiosity, wouldn't it be easier and smarter to delete the controversial post and then PM each other to explain the concerns and settle that pointless argument? That applies to both parties as everyone involved had that option.

Edit: I just noticed that Dan posted a split second earlier and arrived at the same conclusion:

Dan said:
Using pm's would have been a much smarter choice here.
Great minds think alike :lol:

Sol Invictus

Erudite
Why should Jinxed be allowed to censor Saint Proverbius? What he posted -is- true, there's no denying that. There's no taking it back, either. Besides, Jinxed is completely wrong in this.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom