Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Company News JE Sawyer bails

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: Fallout 3 (Van Buren); Interplay; J.E. Sawyer

<b>JE Sawyer</b> has tendered up his resignation from <A href="http://www.interplay.com">Interplay</a>, and his last day is expected to be <b>November 21th</b>.
<br>
<br>
<i>Born free.. As free as the wind blows..</i>
<br>

EEVIAC

Erudite
Good for you, Josh. I honestly don't know what else to say. Maybe if I cared more about FO3 I'd be upset.

Quigs

Magister
I know im a bonehead, but it seems like he isnt leaving bis, just resigning from his current position, no?

like me resigning from being in charge of operations of installations, and becoming a regular installer again.

Balthamael

Liturgist
Krazikatt confirmed that he is leaving BIS. This is strange considering JE's prior enthusiasm about making FO3. I am guessing that he either sees no hope for Interplay to survive until the game is ready, or feels that he has nothing more to give and needs time out of the industry.

Sol Invictus

Erudite
Or he got in an argument with the suits (some crazy demands of the game, perhaps) or was fired because of it.

Voss

Erudite
Or got a better offer...

Or is completely insane...

Or he found out about the mob hit...

The speculation is endless!

Balthamael

Liturgist
I don't think he was fired. Everybody, himself included, denies that, and what Briareus and Puuk said about his future plans (he is not going to Obsidian or Troika, or Blizzard) seems to imply that he has some plans regarding what he is going to do next, which in turn implies that his decision to resign, if it was his decision, was not made in rush. This also seems to speak against the theory that he walked away as a protest, though doesn't entirely exclude it.

foostav

Novice
My inside source claims that Sawyer has quit to fulfill his longtime dream of becoming a ninja.

J.E SAWYER: A BAD ENOUGH DUDE TO SAVE THE PRESIDENT?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom