Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Interview Radios make a richer experience in Space Siege

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Tags: Space Siege

<a href="http://play.tm/story/20459">Play.tm have wasted their time by speaking to Chris Taylor about Space Siege</a>. Here's a choice slice:
<br>
<blockquote>My thoughts? My thoughts are that the game is already out here in the United States, and I feel like an idiot for blowing $50 on it. It's worth, at most, $15. The best thing about the game is the modeling and animation assets. Everything else, gameplay, story, voice acting, are all just bad. The "horrific choice" isn't horrific at all.
<br>
<br>
See, this is the problem with email interviews: all the responses you get back are designed to be as positive as possible. "HR-V is a robot that specializes in combat. It shoots first and asks questions later."
<br>
<br>
Right....HR-V is a robot that you just come across in one of the earlier stages. He can use 3 different weapons and dies so quickly the game can actually be less of a pain in the ass if you just let him stay dead. And once he does die, you can just build a new one!
<br>
<br>
*sigh*</blockquote>
<br>
Oops, I appear to have accidentally copy-pasted the comment rather than the actual interview. Oh well. <a href="http://play.tm/story/20459">Click here</a> to find out about the "horific choice" (u canz b cyborg LULZ) and what they learned from their past RPGs (the aforementioned radios).
<br>
<br>
Spotted @ <a href="http://www.gamebanshee.com">GameBanshee</a>, so Brother None doesn't have to spam the "contact us" form today.

I'm sure the bandwidth on this forum could be put to much better use than more newspostings from RPGs by Chris Taylor.

FrancoTAU

Cipher
It's beating a dead horse, but it could lead to some truly epic lulz if anyone here actually played the damned thing. Seems like people aren't even pirating it.

Mantiis

Cipher
Im playing it at the moment - it's kinda fun but I would suggest playing System Shock 2 as it is EXACTLY the same story with better gameplay.

How they can justify $US50 however is beyond me.

Korgan

Arbiter
I played it for several hours, uninstalling now. It has about as much RPG elements as Shadowgrounds, not much action gameplay, some retarded design and balance decisions (you only regenerate MANA by shooting stuff, while health is only replenished by medpacks and at aid stations, but HR-V is instantly restored for free at manufactories, so you can just keep rebuilding him and let him tank it out)... The story is boring and generic as fuck, so are the enemies (the evil alien warrior race looks and acts EXACTLY as you just imagined, complete with double-bladed energy weapons). The action takes part in moderately lit corridors and moderately lit hallways, though there are also some moderately lit passages. You only gain skill points and new weapons when you get to a certain point - once, I did a "side quest" by going round a corner and getting a sonic blaster, and it was WORSE then the standart weapon. The "upgrades" are uninspiring to say the least - a 2% damage increase? Etc, etc.
Tl;dr: don't fucking bother.

WholesaleGenocide

Liturgist
I don't know what's up with games thinking it's nice to give you pathetically small incremental enhancements (IE: 2%) to stats and/or damage because it's not remotely interesting or fun in the slightest!. I like to think of this as the mmorpg effect, where lame balance decisions trump actual fun in the game, and they (you know, THEY) try to make the game as methodical and streamlined as possible. This ends up removing all fun from the game, because by smoothing everything out completely, nothing is really different or unique. Try to think of an interesting weapon in WoW. You have failed. That's because that's what many developers do to their games now.

Mantiis

Cipher
Korgan said:
...but HR-V is instantly restored for free at manufactories, so you can just keep rebuilding him and let him tank it out)...

It costs metal (the same stuff that you use to upgrafe stuff) to respawn HR-V, about 25 i think

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Krawall.de has just rated it 67%.

Seriously... the game doesn' offer anything more than the demo does. The game is so boring that I really wonder how the same guy that did the (superior!) Dungeon Siege and Supreme Commander came up with this boring stuff... and why any publisher gave money for it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom