Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News New Storm of Zehir trailer

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
Tags: Neverwinter Nights 2: Storm of Zehir; Obsidian Entertainment

There's a new trailer of the upcoming NWN 2 expansion available at <a href="http://www.atomicgamer.com/file.php?id=71679">AtomicGamer</a> and <a href="http://files.filefront.com/Neverwinter+Nights+2+Storm+of+Zehir+Trailer/;11624657;/fileinfo.html">Filefront</a>. It's good to see that the devs have apparently listened to complaints concerning the previous videos and decided to include some text this time. Let me just quote the abovementioned text in its entirety:<blockquote><font size="5">A DOOMED VOYAGE
<br>
<br>
SHIPWRECKED ON A HOSTILE SHORE
<br>
<br>
A NEW ADVENTURE BEGINS</font>
<br>
</blockquote>Of course a NWN 2 preview video wouldn't be complete without close-up shots of combat, now featuring an apparently new Huge Beast with Claws.
<br>
<br>
I'm of course already sold on Storm of Zehir, as is the rest of the Codex even if they pretend otherwise, but I'd really like to hear more e.g. about the "Teamwork Benefit System" instead of getting many chaotic, flashy shots of combat.
<br>
<br>
<br>
Spotted at: <A HREF="http://www.bluesnews.com">Blue's News</A>

Micmu

Magister
Yay!!! I've always been a big fan of exploring the unknown type of stories.

Moar please.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Shipwrecked on a hostile shore?

Wtf? Seriously, I thought they were capable of something that doesn't sound like one has already heard that like a billion times before. I hope they have a good excuse for that. Or a good game to make up for it ;)

Mojo

Scholar
D&D meets Lost? Seriously though, I'm looking forward to this.

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
Warden said:
That's an old clip Elwro. :(
Old? I'm sorry, I've been out of the loop for a few weeks and just believed Blue's News when they posted it today... thx for pointing it out.

Warden

Arbiter
thesheeep said:

Wtf? Seriously, I thought they were capable of something that doesn't sound like one has already heard that like a billion times before. I hope they have a good excuse for that. Or a good game to make up for it ;)

Baby jesus..
What do you want? Shipwrecked on an alien spaceship?

I like the start of SoZ, sounds very intriguing... I simply love the idea of being shipwrecked on a hostile shore. :)

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
Horriblee trailer. (i avoid them when i can) Probably good game.

Anthony Davis

Blizzard Entertainment
Developer
thesheeep said:

Ok, now I don't want to sound like I am attacking you or anything but...billions? Srsly?

If so, I want to know so I can play these games I have been missing!

Also, I am not exactly thrilled with the trailer either, especially when compared to the Witcher EE trailer, but I'll take what I can get for an expansion.

Skald

Novice
Mask of the Betrayer was the best form of advertisement for a new expansion anyway. But we're expecting simliar quality, Anthony ;)

Starwars

Arcane
I kinda like the mood of the start of the trailer, pretty nicely put together.

The rest is action video though which, as has been mentioned a million times now, isn't exactly the strength or focus of these games. :?

LCJr.

Erudite
Elwro said:
Warden said:
That's an old clip Elwro. :(
Old? I'm sorry, I've been out of the loop for a few weeks and just believed Blue's News when they posted it today... thx for pointing it out.

Been getting reaquainted with your Tantal(Beryl?) no doubt?

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
Wrong. The combat in NWN2 is aweosme. Go away, troll.

"Also, I am not exactly thrilled with the trailer either"

Oh noes, you didn't! I'm reporting you to your Obsidian bosses!

Anthony Davis

Blizzard Entertainment
Developer
Volourn said:
Wrong. The combat in NWN2 is aweosme. Go away, troll.

"Also, I am not exactly thrilled with the trailer either"

Oh noes, you didn't! I'm reporting you to your Obsidian bosses!

Oh Volly, you rascally rapscallion!

You left out the part where I said "especially when compared to the Witcher EE trailer" and also where I mentioned that I'll take what I can get for an expansion.

Besides, the day my bosses don't want me to be honest, they just have to tell me.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Anthony Davis said:
Ok, now I don't want to sound like I am attacking you or anything but...billions? Srsly?

If so, I want to know so I can play these games I have been missing!

I was exaggerating a bit, sry for that. But that is not a new beginning. The Gothic II addon (afaik), Gothic 3... and the new game from the devs, Risen, all start that way or similar.
Now that I think of it, it really is Piranha Bytes fault that I have this impression. Blame them! ;)

But I'm quite sure I played other games with a very similar beginning, too. I just can't remember them o.O
Well, maybe that impression is wrong. :wink:

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
Trailer doesn't look that great. Being stranded at an unknown shore does sound awesome though. I'm a big fan of these kind of stories. Really looking forward to this, though I do hope we'll see the same quality as the MOTB provided.

Oh, and I do look forward to see what modders will do with that overland map. Looks like one kick ass feature.

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
Nah, fallout would suck ass with this engine and combat model. I'm thinking about the real cool classic stuff like exploring snowy mountains and dark forests. Though real ambitious modders could really knock us out with whatever they come up with. Blazing dessers with floating city's or a depiction of Dante's hell springs to my mind.

Claw

Erudite
Patron
Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
thesheeep said:
I was exaggerating a bit, sry for that.
What's wrong with you? The correct reply is "That was hyperbole, moron! :roll:"
We've got a reputation to lose!

The Gothic II addon (afaik) (...) all start that way or similar.
Wait, what? Clearly, you don't. The addon "starts" with the discovery of a new area that you then explore, but then that's typical of any RPG. You can return to the main area of Gothic 2 at any time.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Claw said:
thesheeep said:
I was exaggerating a bit, sry for that.
What's wrong with you? The correct reply is "That was hyperbole, moron! :roll:"
We've got a reputation to lose!

Wrong with ME?!
YOU failed to get the irony in that!
GARRRRRR!!!!

Claw said:
Wait, what? Clearly, you don't. The addon "starts" with the discovery of a new area that you then explore, but then that's typical of any RPG. You can return to the main area of Gothic 2 at any time.

Looks like I confused it for something else, then ;)

Fat Dragon

Arbiter
Definitely shaping up to be another good expansion pack, looking forward to this.

When I buy this game I will play it.

If that addon is so boring and uninspired as the trailer then good night!

I don`t even think this is worth a news post. And why do i think that i have seen that "new Huge Beast with Claws" before? I think it is from the NWN2 OC.
When i don`t buy this game i won`t play it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom