Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Dragon Age Given A Date

Tags: BioWare; Dragon Age

October 20th has been <a href="http://www.gamespot.com/news/6210513.html">announced</a> as the date that Bioware's Dragon Age is set to be released for the PC, PS3, and Xbox 360.<blockquote>Under different circumstances, PC gamers could at this very moment be playing BioWare's latest epic fantasy role-playing game Dragon Age: Origins. However, as told by EA CEO John Riccitiello, the game was shaping up to be so epic in scale, quality, and innovation that Dragon Age would be better served if the PC launch coincided with the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 debuts later in the year.
<br>
<br>
At the time, Riccitiello noted, "Too much quality can make you reassess your options." Options thus reassessed, BioWare confirmed for GameSpot today that the Xbox 360, PS3, and PC editions of Dragon Age: Origins will release on October 20.</blockquote>A big, blockbuster game released in the Fall season? How shocking...
<br>
Spotted at: <A HREF="http://www.gamefaqs.com/">GameFAQs/GameSpot</A>

denizsi

Arcane
Bets are on! $5 on 2 weeks ±2 days of postponement. Come on everyone. Winners only get double the amount they invested (if I win, I get $10). Rest of the money goes to Iron Tower to aid their upcoming marketing campaign.

You can bet on additional details, as long as there will be contenders on the same subject(s).

Here's an additional $2 on failed simultaneous release!

edit: If, after the AoD combat demo is released, the general consensus turns out to be that it sucks, rest of the money will be shared among winners.

the game was shaping up to be so epic in scale, quality, and innovation
That's just priceless. :lol:

I'm not sure what to think, nowadays. Do the spokespeople think everyone buys such horrible, blatant lies? Is their audience really so stupid to believe them?
On one hand, there are the sales. On the other, those hamsters might not give a hemorrhoidal rat's anus to read press releases. In that case, who are they trolling with this?
It's positively mind-boggling...

Rhalle

Magister
Edward_R_Murrow said:
At the time, Riccitiello noted, "A global financial crisis can make you reassess your options, especially when it comes to expenditures for a pet project already too long in development, and one, moreover, that's directed at a very small market share."

Options thus reassessed, BioWare confirmed for GameSpot...

FTFH

Kron

Arcane
if AoD sucks I will personally obliterate all of ITS staff, turn their bones into fiery hot charcoal, and toss them forever into the deepest depths of hell's circles.

Seriously about Dragon Rage, these guys are way over their heads.

denizsi

Arcane
Is their audience really so stupid to believe them?

I just had a brief discussion with some people on GameSpy forums. A few of them described how Oblivion fulfilled all of their expectations and lived up to the hype. So I'd say yes, they really are stupid. I don't know why I do it but sometimes, I convince myself that the perceived stupidity of such people is just a misperception, that it's their internet persona or whatever, but boy, they really are stupid. Not meant in a humiliating, demeaning, derogatory, self-pleasing way, but in a straight literal way. People are literally fucking morons who straight out fall for idiotic marketing speech, and be happy with the end product regardless of its quality.

As long as it's not really high quality.

Korgan

Arbiter
However, as told by EA CEO John Riccitiello, the game was shaping up to be so epic in scale, quality, and innovation that Dragon Age would be better served if the PC launch coincided with the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 debuts later in the year.
DJ_Logic-Zen_Of_Logic_b.jpg

CAN YOU FUCKING BELIEVE IT?

Secretninja

Cipher
Wouldn't it serve the game better for the PC users to all tell their lame friends lacking in computer have-ability how awesomely epic the game is? That way, I mean they would all HAVE to buy it the day it came out for consoles, since everyone loves easily farmable epics.

MetalCraze

Arcane
That's what you get when you are a former Pepsi manager and try to hype a game.
He most probably asked Bioware about "what should I say".

Hümmelgümpf

Arbiter
If it was released around now-ish, I might have got it. October? No fucking way. Alpha Protocol, Bayonetta, NG Sigma 2 and Brutal Legend are released this October. I'll have too many good games on my hands to bother with another mediocre BioWare epic.

Krash

Arcane
If the game is so god damn good, why do they have to remind us constantly that it is? Shouldn't the end product speak for itself? :?

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
Whether good or bad, games sell entirely on hype. The end product doesn't speak for itself in either case, only the hype matters.

By repeating over and over that Dragon Age is an epic blockbuster, EA ensures that it will be.

Krash

Arcane
Spectacle said:
Whether good or bad, games sell entirely on hype. The end product doesn't speak for itself in either case, only the hype matters.

By repeating over and over that Dragon Age is an epic blockbuster, EA ensures that it will be.

The funny thing is that I can't really blame them for hyping, it's the customers who should be lynched for falling for it.

X40c

Novice
Krash said:
Spectacle said:

The funny thing is that I can't really blame them for hyping, it's the customers who should be lynched for falling for it.

Do you want to go first or should I?

Seriously now, fuck marketing. I'm sick and tired of this gaming bs. They should advertise their games with actual samples of content, not with hype words. Too much hype, won't buy.

Anyways, most Japanese hentai games are probably better story-wise than whatever shit the mainstream releases.

The Feral Kid

Prophet
At the time, Riccitiello noted, "Too much quality can make you reassess your options."

Great job Mr. Riccitiello. Not at hyping the game, but at convincing everyone you're just a loudmouthed moron who doesn't know what he's talking about but keeps talking anyway.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom