Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Preview Dragon Age Creature Update: The High Dragon

Tags: BioWare; Dragon Age

No, it's not Puff the Magic Dragon, it's <a href="http://dragonage.bioware.com/creature_high_dragon.html">this thing</a>. Though I wouldn't click on that link, seeing as Bioware has one-upped their previous Dragon Age website in terms of clunkiness.<blockquote>They say that dragons once ruled the skies of Thedas. The greatest of these were the Old Gods, beings thought to have tricked mankind into turning away from the Maker, and who were imprisoned beneath the earth for their deceit. Their children were the winged beasts worshipped by the magisters of the Tevinter Imperium; images of dragons adorned every statue across the land. In more recent ages, Nevarran dragon hunters supposedly brought the species to extinction, harvesting them for their bones, which absorb enchantment like no known metal. But at the end of the Blessed Age, a high dragon emerged in the Frostbacks and began a rampage through the highlands. The next Age was named in her honor. Because a high dragon only begins a rampage when she is ready to lay a new clutch of eggs, that sighting will certainly not be the last.</blockquote>How incredibly generic sounding. At least we now why it's called Dragon Age now...
<br>
Spotted at: <A HREF="http://rpgwatch.com/">RPGWatch</A>

Turok

Erudite
Uhnn what if we change the "dragon" for lets say the "Cat":

They say that cats once ruled the floors of Thedas. The greatest of these were the Old Gods, beings thought to have tricked mankind into turning away from the Maker, and who were imprisoned beneath the earth for their deceit. Their children were the mini cats worshipped by the magisters of the Tevinter Imperium; images of cats adorned every statue across the land. In more recent ages, Nevarran cats hunters supposedly brought the species to extinction, harvesting them for their bones, which absorb enchantment like no known metal. But at the end of the Blessed Age, a high cat emerged in the Frostbacks and began a rampage through the highlands. The next Age was named in her honor. Because a high cat only begins a rampage when she is ready to lay a new clutch of eggs, that sighting will certainly not be the last.

Then we can get:

CAT AGE ®

(sex and violence included).

Yep i agree, kinda generic.

I fucking hate flash sites. Why can't it be just pictures and text? No, we need annoying sounds, loading times and jittery animated shit because kids like that. (Well, actually, I'm pretty sure kids don't like that, but there has to be some reasoning for this stuff.)

That Morrigan character looks weird, just look at her legs and arms. A stick figure.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Turok said:
Uhnn what if we change the "dragon" for lets say the "Cat":

They say that cats once ruled the floors of Thedas. The greatest of these were the Old Gods, beings thought to have tricked mankind into turning away from the Maker, and who were imprisoned beneath the earth for their deceit. Their children were the mini cats worshipped by the magisters of the Tevinter Imperium; images of cats adorned every statue across the land. In more recent ages, Nevarran cats hunters supposedly brought the species to extinction, harvesting them for their bones, which absorb enchantment like no known metal. But at the end of the Blessed Age, a high cat emerged in the Frostbacks and began a rampage through the highlands. The next Age was named in her honor. Because a high cat only begins a rampage when she is ready to lay a new clutch of eggs, that sighting will certainly not be the last.

:lol: Well done good sir! :monocle:

circ

Arcane
It looked like BioWare raided a mannequin factory and threw them in a room and told some guy to draw and animate 'that shit'. If you're just going to do one cutscene preview after another, atleast make it look good and not like every figure has latency issues and looks fake as hell.

but there has to be some reasoning for this stuff.

45155_logo.jpg

Saxon1974

Prophet
So apparently they believe that Lots of Blood = Gritty Mature

I don't think I have ever seen more over-use of blood before.

Sorry but this game looks more terrible the more I see of it.

Turok

Erudite
There is a posibility that the dragons smoke something illegal, thats why they are "high" dragons :D

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
Those dragons are fags. And, not the good kind. The boring, bland, and unoriginal kinda.

Jaime Lannister

Arbiter
Volourn said:
Those dragons are fags. And, not the good kind. The boring, bland, and unoriginal kinda.

i'm waiting for you to troll the dark sun thread and get ripped apart

Lesifoere

Liturgist
Looks like Bioware copy-pasted a bunch of stuff from the closest Dragonlance sourcebook.

Ahzaruuk

Arbiter
Lesifoere said:
Looks like Bioware copy-pasted a bunch of stuff from the closest Dragonlance sourcebook.
Fuck no.Weis and Hickman make even dragons of the treasure-hoarding damsel-distressing sort more interesting than that...blurb did.

All I got out of that is that Moody Dragon Bitches lay waste to kingdoms.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Volourn said:

Yeah, and the Dragon Age dragons are a lot better or what?
Stop being an incredibly retarded fanboy, Volly.

Anti-fanboys are more annoying than fan boys. Especially the kind that rage over hype campaigns.

inb4 its too early to judge!!!1

Wyrmlord

Arcane
M_I_C_K_E_Y_M_O_U_S_E said:
Anti-fanboys are more annoying than fan boys. Especially the kind that rage over hype campaigns.

Fanboys and anti-fanboys aside, you really are the most banal and vapid person on this forum.

entertainer

Arbiter
Wyrmlord said:
M_I_C_K_E_Y_M_O_U_S_E said:

Fanboys and anti-fanboys aside, you really are the most banal and vapid person on this forum.

Said Wyrmlord :lol:

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
We can do better than cats!:

They say that multi-headed dicks once ruled the floors of Thedas. The greatest of these were the Old Golds, beings thought to have tricked mankind into turning away from the Maker, and who were imprisoned beneath the earth for their deceit. Their children were the winged dicks worshipped by the magisters of the Tevinter Imperium; images of multi-headed dicks adorned every statue across the land. In more recent ages, Nevarran multi-headed dick hunters supposedly brought the species to extinction, harvesting them for their bones, which absorb enchantment like no known metal. But at the end of the Blessed Age, a high multi-headed dick emerged in the Frostbacks and began a rampage through the highlands. The next Age was named in its honor. Because a high multi-headed dick only begins a rampage when it is ready to lay a new clutch of eggs, that sighting will certainly not be the last.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom