Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Preview Sprechen Sie Deutsch?

Tags: Piranha Bytes; Risen

If so, you may find <a href="http://forum.deepsilver.com/forum/showthread.php?p=374109">this Risen Dialogue Video</a> informative. It showcases the player character in a pretty lengthy dialogue with some sort of guard. I'm not really qualified to comment much on it, seeing as my understanding of the language is limited at best, but I'm sure some of our resident Germans will have commentary.
<br>
Spotted at: <A HREF="http://rpgwatch.com/">RPGWatch</A>

CrusaderTemplar

Liturgist
They're probably planning a European release which includes the UK probably. Maybe a NA Release like 6 months from that release. Speculating.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
SUPER CODEX EXCLUSIVE TRANSLATION
by yours truly

Rogue Guard: Where is that bastard?
Hero: Uh, what?
Rogue Guard: That stupid cunt Clay has left me waiting here for hours now! It's that dick's turn to stand watch already!
Hero: So, uh, you are like a guard here?
Rogue Guard: Yeah, and I have been guarding way too long already! This moldy swamp earth is getting to my feet...
Hero: Well, where is this Clay-dude?
Rogue Guard: Beats me. Somewhere in the camp, staring into nothing lazily I bet. If he doesn't show up soon I'll bail.
Hero: What's there to guard here?
Rogue Guard: The Swamp Peasant, man. Without him things would be pretty grim here.
Hero: Well, but who'd want to steal something here?
Rogue Guard: I ain't worried about the people in the city; they stay away from here. But those damn beasties everywhere! If we weren't careful we'd get swarmed by boars and worse things.
Hero: So what do you mean by "things would be grim here?"
Rogue Guard: Dude, just look around you! Does this look like the paradise to you? No bar, no bitches, nothing - just stinking swamp. All we really have left here is boozing. Without the Swamp Peasant's beer there'd be nothing at all, got it?
Hero: Uh... can I learn something from you?
Rogue Guard: Pfff ambitious, huh? Used to be like that too. Well, apart from fighting there's a few nifty skills you should possess: sneaking, lockpicking and pick pocketing. I can teach you all those handy things.
Hero: Great! I'll go see about Clay.
Rogue Guard: Drag that guy here! I've had it with him, you know!

Chefe

Erudite
That's the worst translation I've ever seen in my life. Thanks for nothing.

Nedrah

Erudite
That translation is basically ok, the dialogue obviously "clicks" better in German.

catfood

AGAIN
Jasede said:
SUPER CODEX EXCLUSIVE TRANSLATION
by yours truly

Rogue Guard: Where is that bastard?
Hero: Uh, what?
Rogue Guard: That stupid cunt Clay has left me waiting here for hours now! It's that dick's turn to stand watch already!
Hero: So, uh, you are like a guard here?
Rogue Guard: Yeah, and I have been guarding way too long already! This moldy swamp earth is getting to my feet...
Hero: Well, where is this Clay-dude?
Rogue Guard: Beats me. Somewhere in the camp, staring into nothing lazily I bet. If he doesn't show up soon I'll bail.
Hero: What's there to guard here?
Rogue Guard: The Swamp Peasant, man. Without him things would be pretty grim here.
Hero: Well, but who'd want to steal something here?
Rogue Guard: I ain't worried about the people in the city; they stay away from here. But those damn beasties everywhere! If we weren't careful we'd get swarmed by boars and worse things.
Hero: So what do you mean by "things would be grim here?"
Rogue Guard: Dude, just look around you! Does this look like the paradise to you? No bar, no bitches, nothing - just stinking swamp. All we really have left here is boozing. Without the Swamp Peasant's beer there'd be nothing at all, got it?
Hero: Uh... can I learn something from you?
Rogue Guard: Pfff ambitious, huh? Used to be like that too. Well, apart from fighting there's a few nifty skills you should possess: sneaking, lockpicking and pick pocketing. I can teach you all those handy things.
Hero: Great! I'll go see about Clay.
Rogue Guard: Drag that guy here! I've had it with him, you know!

Sounds 100% Gothic-like to me. Which is good.

PrzeSzkoda

Augur
Project: Eternity
Chefe said:
That's the worst translation I've ever seen in my life. Thanks for nothing.

It's better than The Witcher.

EDIT

OH FOR FUCK'S SAKE get the voice-actor who did the Hero in Gothics back! Motherfucker, the protagonist sounds like an utter pussy, and is voiced by the guy who used to do the more cowardly characters in previous Gothics. For fuck's sake! Pay the guy a zillion dollars, threaten to kill his familiy, just get him back! Fuck fuck fuck.

Shannow

Waster of Time
PrzeSzkoda said:
OH FOR FUCK'S SAKE get the voice-actor who did the Hero in Gothics back! Motherfucker, the protagonist sounds like an utter pussy, and is voiced by the guy who used to do the more cowardly characters in previous Gothics. For fuck's sake! Pay the guy a zillion dollars, threaten to kill his familiy, just get him back! Fuck fuck fuck.
Yep. My first thought in the first video. Only not quite so...forceful.

dragonfk

Erudite
PrzeSzkoda why are you raging? For sure we'll have a localised version here in Poland and I bet the guy from previous G will voice the main protagonist.

PrzeSzkoda

Augur
Shannow said:
PrzeSzkoda said:
Yep. My first thought in the first video. Only not quite so...forceful.

fuuuuuuuu.jpg

PrzeSzkoda

Augur
dragonfk said:
PrzeSzkoda why are you raging? For sure we'll have a localised version here in Poland and I bet the guy from previous G will voice the main protagonist.

I only played the German versions of Gothics, and that's what I'm planning to do with this one. Used it as a way of learning German. Thanks to these games, I now know how to be offensive in Deutsch!

dragonfk

Erudite
PrzeSzkoda said:
dragonfk said:

I only played the German versions of Gothics, and that's what I'm planning to do with this one. Used it as a way of learning German. Thanks to these games, I now know how to be offensive in Deutsch!

Heheh then you're shit out of luck.

PrzeSzkoda

Augur
dragonfk said:
PrzeSzkoda said:
dragonfk said:

Heheh then you're shit out of luck.

Ich sollte die Mistkerle aufs Maul geben.

Yay for borken Deutsch.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Improved Translation

Guard: Where stays this dirt-guy?
Hero: How please?
Guard: Clay the old dirt-pig lets me wait here since hours. That big should me finally relieve.
Hero: You push here watch?
Guard: Yes damn and that already way too long. I am getting slowly already softened up feet from the moldy ground here.
Hero: Where exactly is this Clay?
Guard: What know I? Somewhere in the camp and laying lazily around in the place. When he not soon here on-crosses then I punch simply off.
Hero: What gives here so important to guard?
Guard: The swamp builder man. Without him it sees darkly here.
Hero: Who should here what steal want?
Guard: When you the people of the city mean, there I make me no worries. They come not here here. But the darn pests everywhere! When we not up-pass we will overrun by boars or worse.
Hero: What mean you with "darkly"?
Guard: Older now look you now around here. Sees this maybe like the paradise or what? No bar, no women, nothing. Only stinking swamp. All that us here stays is the boozing. Without the beer from the swamp builder would be here nothing anymore, understand you?
Hero: Can I what from you learn?
Guard: Ambitious, what? Was I too once. Away-seen from fight give it a pair nice talents that you on-have should. Sneaking, locks opening, pocket thievery. All these handy things can I you to-bring.
Hero: Good. I see what Clay right now makes.
Guard: Take him here here. I have the snout strikethrough full, understand you?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom