Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Interview BioWare are definitely making a game that the fans want

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Tags: BioWare; Dragon Age

This time, <a href="http://polygamia.pl/Polygamia/1,101109,7214741,David_Silverman__Dragon_Age_to_MSORPG.html">Polygamia + Ausir + David Silverman</a> about Dragon Age:
<br>
<blockquote><b>As BioWare, do you plan to go more towards action gaming, or do you plan to keep developing more traditional RPGs as well?</b>
<br>
<br>
We're definitely making a game that the fans want. And I think that's why BioWare has a loyal and awesome community, it's really up to them. If the fans want to see more action-RPGs, we'll find a way to make that work. If they want to see more traditional, in-depth RPGs, we'll deliver that as well.</blockquote>
<br>
Deliver plz?
<br>
<br>
There's also an <a href="http://multiplayerblog.mtv.com/2009/11/02/dragon-age-voice-actor-kate-mulgrew-is-intense-and-kinda-awesome/">interview with Voice Over girl Kate Mulgrew @ MTV</a>:
<br>
<blockquote>"I'm not a gamer at all, and I think that's why I'm a good voice for these games. You don't want to have that cross-over, I don't think. In order to become Flemeth I can't really have any kind of stake in this game at all, except the stake of her reality."
<br>
[...]
<br>
BioWare's standards for storytelling have always been high, and it looks like they've tapped the perfect actress to handle such a compelling character. It doesn't hurt that, even in a casual conversation, I felt like I was talking to one of the professors at Hogwarts.</blockquote>
<br>
Hogwarts is a fictional magic school?
<br>
<br>
Thanks <b>Ausir</b>!

Black

Arcane
Well, I have to agree. They're making games their fans want.
And their fans are braindead.

Weresloth

Novice
Black said:

And today in sports the BioWare Moneybags routed the happless Codex pretty princesses by a score of

BioWare fans 1,000,000 to Codex 66

The Codex players beamoaned the loss to such a poor team that played very conservative and had no real creativity. Though winless in the last 5 or 6 matches vs BioWare the Codex team was undaunted and promised to try and do better next game hoping to break the 100 fan count and thus only lose by 999,900 next time.

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Re: We're definitely making a game that the fans want

DarkUnderlord said:
There's also an <a href="http://multiplayerblog.mtv.com/2009/11/02/dragon-age-voice-actor-kate-mulgrew-is-intense-and-kinda-awesome/">interview with Voice Over girl Kate Mulgrew @ MTV</a>

Kate Mulgrew is a bit old (54?) to be called a girl. From the trailers she's also the only one who gives a decent voice performance on Dragon Age, as opposed to the hysterically bad performances from the other girl roles.

Weresloth said:
Black said:

And today in sports the BioWare Moneybags routed the happless Codex pretty princesses by a score of

BioWare fans 1,000,000 to Codex 66

The Codex players beamoaned the loss to such a poor team that played very conservative and had no real creativity. Though winless in the last 5 or 6 matches vs BioWare the Codex team was undaunted and promised to try and do better next game hoping to break the 100 fan count and thus only lose by 999,900 next time.

*yawn* Codexers don't play sports. Try again.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"And their fans are braindead."

That's because BIO's fanbase includes the Codex espicially the supposedly most hateful ones. L0L

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
How to understand RPG Codex:

* DRAGON AGE IS SHIT
* waiting on my preorder / CAN ANYONE LINK A TORRENT PLZ
* DRAGON AGE IS SHIT, don't buy this or Bioware makes more games like this. :plays Dragon Age:

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"racist."

:?

"How to understand RPG Codex:

* DRAGON AGE IS SHIT
* waiting on my preorder / CAN ANYONE LINK A TORRENT PLZ
* DRAGON AGE IS SHIT, don't buy this or Bioware makes more games like this. :plays Dragon Age:"

And, this sums up perfectly why I have never taken the Codex seriously.

1eyedking

Erudite
Moar liek...:
1. Download Torrent;
2. Play for 2-3 hours;
3. Carefully think why those hours have been forever wasted;
4. Log in;
5. RAGE.

MetalCraze

Arcane
In the next-gen Codex version it's much more complex:

1. Bitch about the game being shit for 10 months
2. One month before the release do a 180 degree flip-flop and call it promising
3. Buy/torrent the game
4. Play for 2-3 hours
5. Come to the Codex and drool about how this game is the best game to come out in years
6. In 1-2 months when the next crappy game will come out forget what you were saying, do a 180 flip flop again and start saying how this game was a retarded shit and the crap that just came out is the best game to come out in years.

Repeat.

Most notable examples: Fallout 3, Mass Effect, NWN2 SoZ and now DA.

It's like the golden age of gaming is happening right now - each mainstream-hyped game is the best game to come out in years.

Also remember: Gamespot, IGN and Eurogamer are credible sources now who know what they are talking about.

MetalCraze said:

3. Buy/torrent the game
4. Play for 2-3 hours
5. Come to the Codex and drool about how this game is the best game to come out in years
6. In 1-2 months when the next crappy game will come out forget what you were saying, do a 180 flip flop again and start saying how this game was a retarded shit and the crap that just came out is the best game to come out in years.

Repeat.

卐 THIS IS THE NEW SHIT 卐 codex style

Skyway talking about flip-flops? That's...amusing

metalcraze.png

roflcopterq.png

But hay, that was two years ago so it doesn't count, amirite

kris

Arcane
MetalCraze said:

3. Buy/torrent the game
4. Play for 2-3 hours

Repeat.

Those different points are different posters.

AlaCarcuss

Arbiter
MetalCraze said:

3. Buy/torrent the game
4. Play for 2-3 hours

Repeat.
Skyway says:

1. Game is shit
2. Game is shit
3. Game is shit
4. Game is shit
5. Game is shit
6. Game is shit
7. Game is shit
8. Game is shit
9. Game is shit
Infinito

Hey, at least we're having fun as long as it lasts.... you on the other hand need to take up a new hobby.

Edit: Oh, I forgot - you're hobby is not playing games, it's hanging around the codex 24/7 posting... guess what? "Game is shit"

Ch1ef

Scholar
Skyway bitchin' about games and AlaCarcuss(and some other faggets) bitchin' about Skyway.

:receive:

Black

Arcane
AlaCarcuss said:
Hey, at least we're having fun as long as it lasts.... you on the other hand need to take up a new hobby.
Yeah, you're having fun eating shit. Congratulations.

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
Hey guys let me tell you about my day!

First, I downloaded some spaghetti to my stomach. It wasn't very good, and I had to go take a shit immediately after. Then, I downloaded Dragon Age to my external hard drive. It wasn't very good either, and I had to delete it after suffering through the introductions.

Now think about this for a second: Spaghetti a'la Andy: not good, but kinda edible. RPG a'la BioWare: not good, but kinda playable.

Are you thinking about it? Good. Think some more. This is some deep shit.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom