Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Company News Interplay is still alive

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: Interplay; Project V13

Not so long ago we witnessed how Herve Caen's Interplay seemingly <a href="http://www.rpgcodex.net/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=40059">managed to dodge</a> Bethesda's impressive lawyer assault. We merely took that as an IRL example not to treat INT as a dump stat.
<br>
Who would have thought that Interplay <a href="http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/User_blog:Ausir/Mark_O%27Green_back_at_Interplay">gathers reinforcements</a> for developing their Fallout MMO with such an uncanny speed.
<br>

<br>
<p style="margin-left:50px;border-style:solid;border-width:1px;border-color:#ffffff;padding-left:5px;">Despite the legal troubles, another developer of the original Fallout has joined Chris Taylor at Interplay on the Project V13 (Fallout MMO) team (Jason Anderson, who originally headed the project, left for InXile in 2009).
<br>

<br>
Mark O'Green is a designer that wrote most talking head dialogues in Fallout and Fallout 2.</p>
<br>

<br>
How will Bethesda react? Will applying admire, boast, joke, coerce be enough to turn the tides in their favor?
<br>

<br>
Spotted at: <A HREF="http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/User_blog:Ausir/Mark_O%27Green_back_at_Interplay">The Vault Overseer</A>

Interesting to see they're still alive. I've always figured they had lots of financial difficulties on top of their legal troubles, seeing as they don't really make any games (though I'm open to correction).

VentilatorOfDoom said:
How will Bethesda react? Will applying admire, boast, joke, coerce be enough to turn the tides in their favor?

SWING! SWING! BLOCK! SWING! Your money (or intellectual property) for your life!

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas
So is Ventilator trying to set some sort of news posting record? I like my front page updated twice a week with only 1-2 items posted each day.

This is madness I say, madness!

Luzur

Good Sir
VentilatorOfDoom said:

i had an old TES comic made by some dude before Oblivion was released with chars taken from Final Fantasy played persuasion Tetris that would have fitted nicely here, but i cant find anymore.

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Chinese Jetpilot said:
Interesting to see they're still alive. I've always figured they had lots of financial difficulties on top of their legal troubles, seeing as they don't really make any games (though I'm open to correction).

They make quite a bit of money from their back catalogue, including games ported to Wii and Xbox Live, as well as new titles for handhelds. They haven't released a big new title in ages, tho', so their financial situation probably isn't too rosy.

Brother None said:
Chinese Jetpilot said:

They make quite a bit of money from their back catalogue, including games ported to Wii and Xbox Live, as well as new titles for handhelds. They haven't released a big new title in ages, tho', so their financial situation probably isn't too rosy.

Thanks for the clarification. While your explanation tells me how they survived, I was under the impression that MMO's were expensive to develop; taking that into account, how can Interplay also (afford to) play the role of producer and publisher on top of those development costs? While I have no idea how the game industry is affected by the credit markets, but seeing how things are now, where are they going to get the capital for this kind of (risky) investment?

Please note I'm not putting this forward as a rebuttal to you, just curious to see how this game is actually going to come to fruition, or if its another one of Caen's little schemes (selling off the partially completed project to fund his french whoremongering).

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Chinese Jetpilot said:
Brother None said:
Chinese Jetpilot said:

Thanks for the clarification. While your explanation tells me how they survived, I was under the impression that MMO's were expensive to develop; taking that into account, how can Interplay also (afford to) play the role of producer and publisher on top of those development costs? While I have no idea how the game industry is affected by the credit markets, but seeing how things are now, where are they going to get the capital for this kind of (risky) investment?

Please note I'm not putting this forward as a rebuttal to you, just curious to see how this game is actually going to come to fruition, or if its another one of Caen's little schemes (selling off the partially completed project to fund his french whoremongering).
You underestimate Herve's insane saving throws and Luck stat.

LusciousPear

Savant
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Read the Transcript. That's pretty awesome. Lulz @ Beth lawyer.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom