Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Development Info Bloodlines: Retarded questions of the week

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Tags: Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines

It's time for another <a href=http://www.vampirebloodlines.com>Bloodlines</a> <a href=http://vnboards.ign.com/Bloodlines_Inn/b22439/67247163/?0>update</a>. It's like a contest: Who can ask the most stupid and pointless question? Obviously, there is no shortage of participants.
<br>
<br>
<blockquote>Inquiring minds have asked so here is what Leon had to say...
<br>
<br>
<i>1) Is using weapons in public considering a breach or the masquerade or is it just when you feed or use disciplines? </i>
<br>
<br>
Using weapons in public (in a safe area) is a criminal act and will bring the police down on the player, but it's not a masquerade violation. Masquerade violations only occur when players display vampiric powers or feed in view of normal humans.
<br>
<br>
<i>2) What type of weather effects can we expect to see in this game? </i>
<br>
<br>
Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines has some really cool looking weather effects like wind and rain </blockquote> ...
<br>
<br>
<br>
Spotted at: <A HREF="http://www.rpgdot.com">RPG Dot</A>

Malak

Liturgist
[sarcastic]Wow wind and rain, that's "really cool".[/sarcastic]

Dark Elf

Erudite
You know, I fail to see whereas those question are especially retarded or silly. Possibly because I, myself, am retarded.

Bet that's the sign I've been waiting for. I think I've always known that I, deep inside, am a full-fledged moron, even though my appearance would suggest something else.

Nightjed

Liturgist
Dark Elf said:
You know, I fail to see whereas those question are especially retarded or silly. Possibly because I, myself, am retarded.

they probably just wanted to hype those features and formated it QA style (it would explain the idiotic yet specific questions)

Diogo Ribeiro

Erudite
I have a question. Can we get married, or charm women and pimp them around? I want to see the secondary engine - the Jiggly (tm) Engine - put to good use.

plin

Liturgist
You guys should write some good or acceptable questions to the developers instead of just bitching about the dumb Q&A.

Malak

Liturgist
plin said:
You guys should write some good or acceptable questions to the developers instead of just bitching about the dumb Q&A.

But I thought that was the point to this place? To bitch about everyone else being stupid no matter how ironic.

Dark Elf

Erudite
Really? What a coincidence... you know, it made me laugh heartily the way Bubba does when he hears the sound of a soap landing on the prison shower floor.

Sweet Bubba.

Amerestatistic

Liturgist
It's a simple thing, but I'm curious to know if there will be mantling. After Thief, the lack of mantling in other FP games like DX feels silly. Anyone care to pass that along to wherever it is questions get answered?

Anonymous

Sun feels let out in this. I will be filing a lawsuit to vampires and all related material for purposely descriminating against the sun, clearly because it's larger than other 'normal' stars. This kind of fatty segregation WILL NOT GO UNPUNISHED.

Rosh

Erudite
Nightjed said:
are you really going to pay up 50 bucks for some near-necrophilia fanservice ? :P

That's what it's all about! :lol:

Diogo Ribeiro

Erudite
Amerestatistic said:
It's a simple thing, but I'm curious to know if there will be mantling. After Thief, the lack of mantling in other FP games like DX feels silly. Anyone care to pass that along to wherever it is questions get answered?

You can go to Troika Chronicles and post the question there, it'll reach Shane :)

DemonKing

Arcane
Whipporowill said:
Or post it here and I'll simply e-mail it to him if you´re too lazy. FUCKERS

Ok - I'm game.

Q:
Dear Leon & Tim,

If you fail to meet deadlines and the game gets pushed out without sufficient QA and is a bug ridden mess that alienates everyone except the few who worship everything you do, simply because they really enjoyed the original Fallout, who have you got lined up as Fall Guy for the failings of the finished product?

(A) The evil publisher (Activision)
(B) The holder of the Masquarades licence (White Wolf)
(C) The supplier of the engine used in the game (Valve)
(D) All of the above.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Well, the question is sufficiently retarded, so I'm sure it will be answered.

POOPERSCOOPER

Prophet
I thought the weather question was very intellegenta becuase it says stuff in the game and it make game look prettyt. YOu guys poopoo head if dont underystand.

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
DemonKing said:
(A) The evil publisher (Activision)
(B) The holder of the Masquarades licence (White Wolf)
(C) The supplier of the engine used in the game (Valve)
(D) All of the above.

Actually, Tim said several times the bugs in ToEE were done by them, which is obvious, but then again the QA and the date of the release are up to the publisher. Tim's answer is a political one, really. It's the We'll take the blame, just give us more money in the future answer to who's to blame.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom