Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Company News We're in for a surprise

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: BioWare

A mysterious countdown began on the <a href="http://www.bioware.com/">Bio-sites.</a>
<br>
<br>
What will happen on March 29th?
<br>
<br>
- Baldurs Gate 3 announced
<br>
- a Cure for Thane discovered
<br>
- another alternate appearance pack that lets you alternate the appearance of the rest of your squad
<br>
- Tali will take off her helmet and thus the fact that she's a <a href="http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/4060/taliconcept2.jpg">purple space elf</a> will be revealed
<br>
- BioWare will merge with Obsidian & Bethesda
<br>
<br>
These are only a few of the possibilities. Place your bets now.
<br>
<br>
Spotted at: <A HREF="http://www.gamebanshee.com/news/97288-mysterious-bioware-countdown-begins.html">GB</A>

Frau Bishop

Erudite
gerbilh.jpg

Texas Red

Whiner
A single picture with a title on it and a promise that more information will become available soon.

If they give a release date, it will be this year or maximum the beginning of the next years. This in turn will be a lie so the gamers will feel more comfortable discussing it on the forums and will be more eager to receive new info. As the release date closes in, they will announce that the game is so huge that it just needs more work and love, as if though they couldn't estimate whether they would need 1 or 2 years to finish the work and weren't aware that the game won't be released in 3 months.

There will also of course soon be an interview where the interviewer commenting on the past success of Biowhore and inquires if anything can possible become more awesome. The interview will reveal absolutely nothing since, apparently, commenting anything on your game requires permission. Supposedly the god Marketing Research has showed that giving away any information in such a early stage(even though they have been developing it for 2 or 3 years) is against His Will.

The game in question will probably be a sequel, prequel or a spin off because Bioware already has DA and ME, possibly the most generic examples of both genres, and they won't be able to offer anything new.

There will probably be a single new gimmick.

Cenobyte

Prophet
Bioware will finally be renamed "EA Edmonton".

As a bonus, we will witness the ascension of the Biodocs as CEOs of EA and the combination of their two IPs into one epic videogame.
Instead of making Dragon Age 2 and Mass Effect 3, we will get the uber-awesome Dragon Effect. Featuring purple space elves, sex in underwear and qunari space pirates. Writing and design will be made by Drew Gaider.

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
Cenobyte said:
Bioware will finally be renamed "EA Edmonton".

As a bonus, we will witness the ascension of the Biodocs as CEOs of EA and the combination of their two IPs into one epic videogame.
Instead of making Dragon Age 2 and Mass Effect 3, we will get the uber-awesome Dragon Effect. Featuring purple space elves, sex in underwear and qunari space pirates. Writing and design will be made by Drew Gaider.

:lol:

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Dragon Effect/Mass Age (Age Effect?) would actually be awesome. It could be so over-the-top dark and gritty (DA) and EXTREEEME collargrabby (ME) that you'd never stop laughing.

Also, I love space + traditional fantasy. It's a fetish of mine. (Wizardry 8 fuck yes)

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Multi-headed ones preferably.

One of three things:
1) The Old Republic announcement
2) Dragon Age 2 announcement
3) Mass Effect 3 announcement

from most to least likely.

Ninja edit: vehicle DLC for ME2 is already out.

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
My money's on some The Old Republic info. ME2 and Awakening came out too recently for it to be anything involving them.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"ME2 and Awakening came out too recently for it to be anything involving them."

Eh. That doesn't prove anything. Awakening was annoucned I believe a mere 2 months after DA was released, and then released 3 months later. 8shrug*

That said, if that supposed date for early next year is to be believed, it could be an announcement for DA2 since that would give them a year to pimp DA2.

Chances are it's something I don't care about like OTR.

TheCowburner

Educated
Hopefully the surprise will be dark, gritty and mature

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom