Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News First KOTOR 2 movies at GameSpot

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Tags: Obsidian Entertainment; Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic 2: The Sith Lords

<a href=http://www.gamespot.com>GameSpot</a> has just posted <b>KotOR II</b>'s <a href=http://www.gamespot.com/news/2004/05/12/news_6097744.html>exclusive gameplay clips</a>. Here is what's on the menu tonight:
<br>
<br>
<blockquote>A Jedi holds his ground against overwhelming odds.
<br>
<br>
A party fights a combined group of Sith and animals
<br>
<br>
A dual wielding character defeats three dark Jedi.
<br>
<br>
These savage animals are not afraid of a little lightning storm.
<br>
<br>
And last, but not the least, the official KotOR II trailer combining three clips from LucasArts and Obsidian's upcoming RPG. The first shows three Jedi and their pistol-packing companion doing battle with a group of destroyer droids. The second sees the same group dueling a passel of hooded Sith apprentices, with a dragon-like creature in the background. Clip number three shows the four companions more up close and personal in a tranquil setting.</blockquote>So, go check them out, and post your impressions here.
<br>

Vault Dweller

Developer
Meh as in what? You don't like KOTOR II anymore? You are too lazy to download the clips? You are outraged at the idea of a Jedi slaugthering 3 innocent Dark Jedi? What?

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
VD wrote: So, go check them out, and post your impressions here.

i obliged VD and wrote the following: Meh.

If you wanted a 20 paragraph essay on my deepest truest feelings on the KOTOR2 videos when one word suffices and iw as told during the brief time in College (& HS & gs) that you shouldn't waste words when less will do.

In conclsuon, I saw the movies, nothing real interetsing or new is shown so my reaction is meh.

Will I probably like KOTOR2? Sure, because I know what to expect both good and bad but nothing truly new is baeing added so meh.

That is all. :twisted:

Flink

Liturgist
I don't even know. I think it was the first one. Didn't bother with the rest.

Transcendent One

Liturgist
I didn't bother watching any but that one that playes automatically on the page. And my God, I thought my brain would leak out my ear.

It honestly does seem like KotOR all over, but even worse, cause in KotOR I remember at least most enemies went down quickly.

Vault Dweller

Developer
Volourn said:
If you wanted a 20 paragraph essay on my deepest truest feelings on the KOTOR2 videos when one word suffices and iw as told during the brief time in College (& HS & gs) that you shouldn't waste words when less will do.
Less is more that's for sure. Have you seen that "less is more" beer commercial with two chicks kissing? That was hot. Anyway, I shall accept "meh" for now, but in future I'd expect a thorough analysis of the clips, including but not limited to plot reconstruction, gameplay evaluation, and characters' motivation. Dismissed! :)

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Carth is only to make a cameo at best. Only one KOTOR npc will join your party and of course Obsdian chooses the most boring of them all. Argh. :x

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Vault Dweller said:
A party fights a combined group of Sith and animals

A dual wielding character defeats three dark Jedi.

You know, one thing I'd hoped KotOR2 would move away from is the idea that people with force powers were so plentiful that you could just slaughter hordes of them like you would any other creature. You're slaughtering Dark Jedi all through KotOR, after all. You wipe out a ship full of them at one point, and then you wipe out dozens and dozens of them on a space station.

Anonymous

I always found it odd how full Jedi enemies never really seem to have any clarvoiance to you.. I.E. 'Hmm, a ship full of us just exploded, I feel it in the force. We should prepare ahead of time.'

In another note, in Jedi Outcast, even the Half-Jedi 'Reborns' could tell where from where you were coming ahead of time.

Flink

Liturgist
Jedi are a bit like Drow really. They where cool in the old movies cause there, they where few and mysterious.

The new movies/games have WAY too many Jedi in them. Now they've been, like Saint pointed out, reduced to general cannon fodder in one hand, and also beefed up to an army of force demigods in the other.

There's way too much force jumping, gripping, lighting etc. going on nowadays...

Volourn

Pretty Princess
I told you which one. the most boring one of them all.

Jed

Cipher
My prediction: the droid from the first game shows you holo-movies (ala "Obi Wan, you have to help me") that slowly reveal your identity.

suibhne

Erudite
Volourn said:
I told you which one. the most boring one of them all.

Let's just get over calling the droid a "character." It was a tool, nothing more. Bio barely pretended otherwise.

dipdipdip

Liturgist
XJEDX said:
My prediction: the droid from the first game shows you holo-movies (ala "Obi Wan, you have to help me") that slowly reveal your identity.

That's a fair bet.

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Let's just get over calling the droid a "character." It was a tool, nothing more. Bio barely pretended otherwise.

I thought Carth was a complete tool.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom