Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Development Info Second ToEE path details

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: Steve Moret; Temple of Elemental Evil; Troika Games

<b>Slim</b>, whom I know nothing about other than he's some grunt working for <A href="Http://www.atari.com">Atari</a>, has <A href="http://www.ataricommunity.com/forums/showthread.php?s=1e6b38e837a95867df1f66aa9aef0e6c&threadid=379750&perpage=30&pagenumber=1">posted what's fixed</a> by the second patch for <A href="Http://www.greyhawkgame.com">Temple of Elemental Evil</a>. I would cut and paste some of it, but there's a hell of a lot and it's really just best if you check it out on your own.
<br>
<br>
Man, there's a lot that <b>Steve Moret</b>'s done. Much, much more than the multiplayer patch for <A href="Http://www.arcanum1.com">Arcanum</a>.
<br>
<br>
Thanks, <b>LlamaGod</b>!
<br>

EEVIAC

Erudite
Second ToEE path had me all excited - I thought there was going to be a new content. Hopefully my Monk won't roll 40 consecutive misses now.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
Steve Moret should be proud. Troika shouldn't. Niether should Atari though they did help out.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Tough. Who signed the contract? The Troika Big Bosses. Troika screwed Troika. Obviously Moret was able to make a second patch and actually Atari to QA (hehehe!:P) and possibly release it.

suibhne

Erudite
Volourn said:
Tough. Who signed the contract? The Troika Big Bosses. Troika screwed Troika. Obviously Moret was able to make a second patch and actually Atari to QA (hehehe!:P) and possibly release it.

Wow, Volourn. So you really think that Steve Moret has been dedicating all of this time to the game without any support or encouragement from Troika? :roll:

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Are you saying the patch is gonna be released with no support from Atari?

I'm saying that it's obviously most if not all the ahrd work has been done with Steve Moret. From the sounds of it it was also his idea to go ahead with a second patch no matter what. For starters, most (if not all) his work on it was done in his own time. Sorry, I give credit to the man, the myth, the legend Steve Moret.

This is not the same as as Bio's Live Team wich works full forced as part of their actual jobs. Moret is not being paid for his extra work on the TOEE patch (from what we know) so yeah long widnedly, it's safe to say the patch is Steve Moret's doing.

Support? hahah. proof please?

Encoiuragement? He's gotten encouragement from the fans I guess you gonna give credit to them too. LOL Not to mention, he's gotten encouragement from Atari. LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLIPOP

Anonymous

EEVIAC said:
Second ToEE path had me all excited - I thought there was going to be a new content. Hopefully my Monk won't roll 40 consecutive misses now.

My monk missed alot too, but if I remember right the problem was that I left Flurry of Blows on at lower levels. From the minus you get from it, at lower levels it drops your attack bonus into negatives.

taks

Liturgist
Whipporowill said:
Pretty hard for Troika to rectify anything when it seems they don't get paid for the patches and are not even allowed to release what they do for free?

atari's not getting paid for the patches... they paid for a game that wasn't done already, yet they're still putting more money into the game (QA).

taks

taks

Liturgist
suibhne said:
Wow, Volourn. So you really think that Steve Moret has been dedicating all of this time to the game without any support or encouragement from Troika? :roll:
uh, yes, actually... haven't you been paying attention? steve moret has mentioned this in nearly EVERY thread he's posted regarding this... :roll:

taks

magerette

Novice
"Infinite loop bug involving complex pending events fixed. " :?

can anyone tell me what this means? the question has been asked on the atari boards and remains unanswered, but i sense that the presence of specialized geek knowledge may be greater here.

a part of me desparately wants to believe it means "path-finding freezes in nodes fixed" but i would think this is the first fact that would be trumpeted from the rooftops if so.

(and i also applaud steve moret for the professional integrity and self-respect shown by his efforts, and the volunteers who have helped him.)

Sheriff05

Liturgist
taks said:
uh, yes, actually... haven't you been paying attention? steve moret has mentioned this in nearly EVERY thread he's posted regarding this... :roll:

taks

He has also been purposely nebulous about anyone elses interest or involvement with the current or future patches. Since all of us have read Steve posts and he's commented here personally. Why the fuck do you continue to act like you know more than the rest of us?? Do you talk to Steve Moret privately?, The way you shoot your mouth off you sound like his fucking roommate. Honestly why the hell do you even care? The last time we went at it you said you were "going to make damn well sure everyone knew how bad they (Troika) fucked this game up." Well - we've all read your bitter and contridicted ramblings, it's just no one cares.

taks

Liturgist
Sheriff05 said:
He has also been purposely nebulous about anyone elses interest or involvement with the current or future patches.
no he hasn't. he's stated quite clearly that HE and several fan beta testers are working on it. you can't read well, can you?

Since all of us have read Steve posts and he's commented here personally. Why the fuck do you continue to act like you know more than the rest of us?? Do you talk to Steve Moret privately?
nope, i can read, don't need to have private conversations to get that much out of his posts.

The way you shoot your mouth off you sound like his fucking roommate. Honestly why the hell do you even care? The last time we went at it you said you were "going to make damn well sure everyone knew how bad they (Troika) fucked this game up." Well - we've all read your bitter and contridicted ramblings, it's just no one cares.
the way you shoot your mouth off you sound like you're sucking someone's dick over at troika... or 10 years old... whichever works is fine by me.

vol, i still say this guy reminds me of a low-brow version of yrkoon... are you sure they're not related?

taks

suibhne

Erudite
taks said:
suibhne said:

taks

He hasn't said that even once, taks.

How'd that reading comprehension portion of the SAT go, by the way?

Sheriff05

Liturgist
taks said:
no he hasn't. he's stated quite clearly that HE and several fan beta testers are working on it. you can't read well, can you?

No shit smart guy, but he hasn't said anything to that fact that he is not receiving any kind of support from Troika..whether it be simple access, moral support or more.
Please post where he has specifcially said the contrary. You're just assuming you know
*exactly* whats going on, when you don't know jack shit other than what we have all read. so fuck off...you santimonious little bitch.

taks said:
the way you shoot your mouth off you sound like you're sucking someone's dick over at troika... or 10 years old... whichever works is fine by me.

Funny how you just can't seem to master being an internet tough guy
Continuously harping on someone elses maturity only makes people question your own.
try a little harder will ya?

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
taks said:
atari's not getting paid for the patches... they paid for a game that wasn't done already, yet they're still putting more money into the game (QA).

That's one way of looking at it. The other way would be that Atari QA signed off on the game in the first place. QA signed off on a buggy game and it was shipped. Atari's QA didn't pick up that many bugs in the game when they shipped it.

As for Atari putting money in to it, how many games are ready for release by Atari currently? The only PC game that's nearing release is Driver 3, and it's a multiplatform game. It's not like their PC QA teams are really bogged down now, and rather than letting them idle, might as well have them doing something, right? It's rather silly to say Atari is spending money QAing the game when they'd be spending that money paying these guys to just sit there anyway. It's cheaper to do that than to lay them off and then hire new ones when they need them since QA isn't exactly a high paid position.

Furthermore, Atari got this patch over a month ago and they're just now deciding to QA it. In fact, they didn't even respond to Steve Moret's requests for information about whether or not they were QAing it until last week. Slim also reported this patch wouldn't be out for a few weeks, so it's hardly like Atari is going out of their way to support this game.

Rosh

Erudite
It amuses me, Saint, when the kiddies try to talk about the industry and have no clue. :)

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
taks knows enough about business to understand the point I'm making about idle, low paid workers versus laying them off.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
The main point is that Troika outside of Steve Moret who is doing so on his OWN time doesn't seem to be doing much for TOEE. Atari, though they *are* dragging their feet, are.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
You mean Troika should throw a few more people at it than just Steve Moret.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Huh? Once again, he's doing this on his free time. It was his choice. It's not his job to do so.He isn't getting paid to work on it.

As far Troika is concerned, TOEE is over. Heck, i agree with 'em.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom