Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Interview Larry Liberty Interview

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: Fallout: New Vegas; Obsidian Entertainment

In former times - when Obsidian was still Codex' favorite developer - they gave interviews to us. Nowadays they answer questions at the Bethblog. <a href="http://bethblog.com/index.php/2010/04/14/inside-the-vault-obsidians-larry-liberty/">And so does Larry Liberty</a>, Senior Producer on Fallout: New Vegas.
<br>
<br>
<p style="margin-left:50px;border-style:solid;border-width:1px;border-top-color:#ffffff;padding:5px;border-right-color:#bbbbbb;border-left-color:#ffffff;border-bottom-color:#bbbbbb;"><b>What’s your job at Obsidian?</b>
<br>
<br>
Put simply, I manage the production of Fallout: New Vegas. In practice, that means managing a small team of producers that in turn manage the five cross-discipline teams of developers responsible for creating the game. [We have broken the team into smaller sub-teams, each focused on a specific goal each milestone. Incidentally, these teams are all named after items found in the Fallout universe: Team Buffout, Fancy(lads), Mentats, Nuka, and Psycho.] I manage two of the teams myself and coordinate with the rest of my production crew in a relatively organic manner. My primary job is to see that Josh’s [Josh Sawyer, Project Director/Lead Designer] vision is executed to the fullest extent possible while staying within scope.
<br>
<br>
<b>What games have you worked on?</b>
<br>
<br>
Including a few cancelled titles, I have worked on twentysomething games. When I was a kid, I tested a couple of Atari 5200 games and an Atari Lynx title when I was in college. My first game as a member of an actual development team was MLB Pennant Race, the first Sony baseball game for the PlayStation. I am credited on other games as either a programmer or producer: EverQuest, PlanetSide, Star Wars Galaxies, Tony Hawk 4, NBA: The Life, D&D Tactics, The Witcher, Neverwinter Nights 2: Mask of the Betrayer, among others.
<br>
</p>
<br>
<br>
Larry Liberty - what a badass name.
<br>
Spotted at: <A HREF="http://www.gamebanshee.com/news/97547-bethesda-softworks-inside-the-vault-qaa.html">Gamebennshe</A>

TwinkieGorilla

does a good job.
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath
I wonder if the climax of New Vegas will feature a large robotic Larry Liberty descending on an Enclave-infested Caesar's Palace?

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Jaesun said:
TwinkieGorilla said:
I wonder if the climax of New Vegas will feature a large robotic Larry Liberty descending on an Enclave-infested Caesar's Palace?

:lol:
It'd actually be pretty awesome. Though if it was a acid vision instead it'd be even better.

Holy SHIT! Obsidian have started hiring computer game characters - or at least, potential computer game characters - as developers!

You know, if I was called Larry Liberty, I'm not sure that I'd be satisfied with a life as a game developer. I think I'd be pretty disappointed I didn't grow up to be a space exploring astronaut who travels to the future and saves the world from aliens. Or at least President of the USA. Fuck, at least Prime Minister of the goddamn UK!

I think, as far as I'm concerned, this game has stopped being Fallout: New Vegas, and is now-on known as 'that game by that Larry Liberty guy'.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom