Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Rumors of a Turn-Based Fallout Spinoff

Jason

chasing a bee
Tags: Bethesda Softworks; Fallout Tactics

Pocket Gamer's Rumour Mine column is peddling rumors of a turn-based <b><a href="http://www.pocketgamer.co.uk/r/Various/The+Rumour+Mine/feature.asp?c=20158" target="blank">Fallout Tactics: New Vegas</a></b> on the goddamn iPhone.
<br>
<blockquote>Fallout Tactics: New Vegas promises a new game for iPhone and iPod touch that takes the tactical role-playing of the 2001 PC title Fallout Tactics: Brotherhood of Steel, while using the south-western locale of the upcoming console game.
<br>
<br>
It's a brave venture given the company's lack of experience developing portable games, though if this iPhone spin-off is anywhere near as good as its console releases then we're in for a treat.
<br>
<br>
Bethesda feels that turn-based role-playing works better on portable than real-time, hence the decision to go with a new take on Fallout Tactics. Additionally, the PC game was well-received, and addressing some of the complaints lodged against it - linear structure, major bugs that we never fixed, etc. - with a new instalment seem like a good way to go.
<br>
<br>
The iPhone game, which sets up the story for the start of Fallout: New Vegas, will also help to promote the console release expected some time this autumn. More details could be coming as soon as June during E3.</blockquote>
<br>
Spotted at: <A HREF="http://www.nma-fallout.com/article.php?id=54578">NMA</A>

Secretninja

Cipher
I tried to go about highlighting the rage inducing parts of that quote, but it is just too impossible to decide which are the dumbest parts.

Jason said:
Bethesda feels that turn-based role-playing works better on portable than real-time, hence the decision to go with a new take on Fallout Tactics.

This is a bold new approach, can fallout work in turn based?

FeelTheRads

Arcane
I find it cute how they refer to Fallout 3/New Vegass as a console game.

As for the mobile game...

fuck-off-smokers.jpg

I would hope that this one will at least be a good JA clone.

Yes, and Pete has a charming smile.

deuxhero

Arcane
FeelTheRads said:
I would hope that this one will at least be a good JA clone.

Yes, and Pete has a charming smile.
Pics please. I've never seen him smile. Hy can't be worse than my supposed "representative" that thinks it's funny to respond to my emails about her voting habbits by spamming me (after she votes the wrong way) least she is dead, politically, in a few months, can't wait ) </rant>.

deuxhero

Arcane
Yeah, I'd take him "smiling" over Kosmas "smiling" anyday (not that his smile isn't metally scaring, but her is more so).

Multi-headed Cow

It's cute that they think the slower gameplay style works better on a mobile platform while the faster gameplay style works better on stationary platforms. :philosoraptor:

Chaotic Lulz3r

Liturgist
and addressing some of the complaints lodged against it - linear structure, major bugs that we never fixed, etc. - with a new instalment seem like a good way to go.

Releasing a new installment is a good way to address major bugs that were never fixed? Who knew...

Seldon

Educated
YAY!!! Another nice game for my iPhone :D

Now if the developer of Undercroft could do a Wizardry IX for it as well, that would be awesome.

You guys are funny. You raged that Fallout 3 was no longer TB/ISO, but now, when there's a chance that you may be finally getting a TB/ISO Fallout game, you rage again.

It's no wonder that no publisher in their right mind will listen to your bullshit. Seriously, you people will always find a reason to bitch and moan about something.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
-=DarlSephiroth666=- said:
You guys are funny. You raged that Fallout 3 was no longer TB/ISO, but now, when there's a chance that you may be finally getting a TB/ISO Fallout game, you rage again.

It's no wonder that no publisher in their right mind will listen to your bullshit. Seriously, you people will always find a reason to bitch and moan about something.

2nkjjf8.jpg

Melcar

Arcane
-=DarlSephiroth666=- said:

Silencio. The game will be for a gimmicky mobile device. Not even for a proper handheld gaming device. It's like Beth. saying: "Want a TB Fallout? Here, play it on your IPhone/iPod you fags, and leave the real gaming to people that matter".

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom