Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Company News Interplay has a plan!

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Tags: Interplay

According to one of the <a href=http://ragingbull.lycos.com/mboard/boards.cgi?board=IPLY&read=1017>investors</a> and <b>Luke Haase</b>, Interplay finally has a plan. No, it's not a secret plan, and yes, I can tell you:
<br>
<br>
<blockquote>I emailed Luke Haase, Interplay's investor relations person, to try to get a sense of where things are at with Interplay. He said that Interplay has a checklist of events that they are working on. He said first order of business was getting worker's comp back, which Interplay did. He said the next task is for Interplay to work out a deal with their previous landlord (which supposedly Interplay is working on). Then, he said Interplay would seek to obtain a new lease (note the word "seek"). After that, they would work to bring back their employees (note the word "work"). Luke said that the final step would be for Herve to seek/close a deal or deals that would give Interplay financing going forward. None of this sounded all that encouraging to me, too many steps, and too many places where things could get tangled up. Seems to me they should first close a deal to get financing, which would encourage investors and help bring back employees or allow them to hire on new employees. This whole process is about the most ridiculous comedy of errors I have ever seen.</blockquote>With a plan like that, Interplay is going to be back in business in no time.
<br>

Great plan. Heres my plan for taking over the world:

1. Secure an enormous army to rival that of america

2. Raise atlantis and use it as my base of operations

3. Fire a sattelite based death ray to obliterate the armies of the earth

4. Take control of the worlds government with my armies of fishmen

See easy and only 4 steps.

Country_Gravy

Arcane
Patron
Wasteland 2
Major_Blackhart said:
And yours are more likely to succeed, as are mine which justs asks if the world would like to submit under my deathgrip.

You have a deathgrip? How did you get that?

Let me guess...long showers?

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
That plan is pretty funny. Who would finance Interplay at this point? They've got really, really bad credit so they can't even get a company mastercard, let alone a loan from a bank. Most everything they own seems to be morgaged. They've got several law suits seeking damages or money for non-payment on things, everything from employee back pay to distribution rights. Heck, they've pissed a lot of publishers and distribution companies off at this point, so who's going to ante up the financing?

Country_Gravy

Arcane
Patron
Wasteland 2
Major_Blackhart said:
Country_Gravy, it would take me too long to do that in the shower without any visual aid. I'd flood the septic tanks.

I have to admit. That's pretty funny.

Back to the topic. Herve is just trying to hang on for a little bit longer, but I don't really know why. All of this "plan" bullshit must just be a ploy to not have everybody dump their stock all at once. It seems like any news that isn't bankruptcy will keep the people at raging bull holding their stock. Maybe he is waiting for Titus to go completely under?

DemonKing

Arcane
Saint_Proverbius said:
Who would finance Interplay at this point?

I'd toss them $10 if they gave me the unfinished version of Jefferson, out of curiosity. :)

Who knows - it might even be less buggy than TOEE is after 2 patches!

Voss

Erudite
He forgot step 2a) avoid legal entanglements with California Department of Labor.

I like the guy in the message before this one. "Hell its been going on since 98". As to why he's an investor... (or maybe he's got a brain and is just making sarcastic cracks at the idiots),

Briosafreak

Augur
Voss said:
I like the guy in the message before this one. "Hell its been going on since 98". As to why he's an investor... (or maybe he's got a brain and is just making sarcastic cracks at the idiots),

Sarcasm alright, it`s Pope_Viper from NMA, a professional of the financial markets, must be a good one since he doesn`t have any Interplay shares

HanoverF

Arcane
Patron
MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Step one: Make Pigs Fly

Step two: Ice skate in Hell

Step three: save Interplay

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Yeah, I think the shit's going to hit the fan once they start a little more digging. If they turn the case over to the DA's office, Herve's going to be screwed. I have a feeling that's one reason they don't want to fork over those records, because they've been deducting things like benefits and taxes from checks which aren't going to where they belong.

Mr. Teatime

Liturgist
Step 1: Make a plan

Step 2:

Step 3: Profit!

I had to post briefly because it seemed so appropriate...

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Mr. Teatime said:
Step 1: Make a plan

Step 2:

Step 3: Profit!

I had to post briefly because it seemed so appropriate...

It was worth it. That's the best plan of Herve's I've seen posted yet.

Reklar

Liturgist
(shudder)

That sounds way too much like the kind of bullshit the execs at the dotcom I used to work for shoveled at us near the end of my time there. The sad thing is, it held out for 2 years after I left before filing Chapter 11. Maybe old Hervie the Wonder Weasel took a lesson from the execs there and is prolonging the agony just for kicks. Damn sadists just don't know when to quit.

-Reklar
(a Fallout/RPG fan)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom